Pissed Off

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

robsaint
Club Player

Pissed Off

The letter I got in the mail today made me angry.
The club has successfully convinced a thousand of supporters to become social club members this year with the lure you are guarantee a GF ticket we are even capping SC membership so you get a GF ticket. I have been a SC member for a number of years now and there is a chance I may not get a ticket. That sucks! They should have capped the social club membership at a lower amount to guarantee social club members a Grand final ticket. A few years ago when they first set up the GF registration it was first in best dressed now it is random. They decide to tell us now that 15% of tickets allocated to the club are standing room. How can I take 2 kids to the footy where they will not see a thing. If we win on friday and I don't get a ticket I will be so pissed off.

reincarnated

Re: Pissed Off

robsaint wrote:The letter I got in the mail today made me angry.
The club has successfully convinced a thousand of supporters to become social club members this year with the lure you are guarantee a GF ticket we are even capping SC membership so you get a GF ticket. I have been a SC member for a number of years now and there is a chance I may not get a ticket. That sucks! They should have capped the social club membership at a lower amount to guarantee social club members a Grand final ticket. A few years ago when they first set up the GF registration it was first in best dressed now it is random. They decide to tell us now that 15% of tickets allocated to the club are standing room. How can I take 2 kids to the footy where they will not see a thing. If we win on friday and I don't get a ticket I will be so pissed off.
Unfortunately your situation is not good or remotely pleasing however look at it from the clubs perspective

$$$$$$$$$$$$

If we win you, the late comers and plenty of new members will jump on board. This will give the football club more....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

For us to expand our brand and player development thus assisting us to win in the future giving us more....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GreatNo9s
Club Player

Every Social Club member will get a ticket

The question is whether it is a seat or a standing room

As I understand it from everything I've read and heard out of the 11,500 tickets for Social Club members about 500 are standing room

The odds are pretty good you'll get a seat...

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Tell you what, mate. If I get a seat and one of your kids is standing, they can have mine.

Sitting, standing, means jack to me. Just to be there. That's all I want.

PM me if the situation arises. I'm serious.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pissed Off

robsaint wrote: They decide to tell us now that 15% of tickets allocated to the club are standing room. How can I take 2 kids to the footy where they will not see a thing. If we win on friday and I don't get a ticket I will be so pissed off.

The AFL only told them last week!!!

God the club gets bagged when it's trying to do the right thing for it's social club members by informing them and giving them a opportunity to change their tickets.

See the other threads on this.

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=56542

benengel14
Club Player

What's the fuss? Every social club member still gets a ticket?
The only marginalised group here is the September Saints - who have a smaller chance of obtaining a ticket (in comparison to if the first election people made stood).

All the letter does is give people another window to choose: whether in the event of standing room being the only tickets available, would they rather stand or watch at home?

Legendary
Club Player

This is the AFL's doing and their decision, not St Kilda's. And ticketmaster/ticketek don't allow for rewarding loyalty with their systems.

I agree with the above -- If i get a seat and someone gets standing room, more than happy to swap.

I'm fit and healthy and would be jumping on my feet every few minutes anyway, so more than happy to stand.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Tell you what, mate. If I get a seat and one of your kids is standing, they can have mine.

Thats a fantastic gesture mate - well done.

“Yeah….nah””
robsaint
Club Player

thanks Thinline much appreciated I may need to monday. My two kids will be very thankful.

saint1974
Club Player

I am feeling like you are too robsaint I have 3 kids and feel a bit p...d off also, the 2 boys could probably survive standing room but it's my daughter wont be able to see and sometimes standing room is not the best environment for kids.
There are many decent people on this forum and good on people like thinline.
I hope robsaint your family my family and many others with kids will get seating this weekend.
Go Saints!!!!!!!!!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

While you are all bitching and complaining spare a thought for older social club members who have been paying and following the club for decades and will be too old to stand at a grand final.

Please dont abuse the poor girl answering the phones at the club as it is out of their control.

Before getting all high and mighty , lets get to the grand final first.

Milton66
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:While you are all bitching and complaining spare a thought for older social club members who have been paying and following the club for decades and will be too old to stand at a grand final.

Please dont abuse the poor girl answering the phones at the club as it is out of their control.

Spare a thought for the midgets. :shock:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saint1974
Club Player

mullet wrote:While you are all bitching and complaining spare a thought for older social club members who have been paying and following the club for decades and will be too old to stand at a grand final.

Sorry Mullet totally agree with you our elderly supporters should be looked after too!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Tell you what, mate. If I get a seat and one of your kids is standing, they can have mine.

Mr Thinline I think your new baby daughter has got herself a grouse dad. :D

GrumpyOne

Milton66 wrote:

They have their noses in everybody elses business. :roll:

sainter35
Club Player

Well as somebody who chose "Best available excluding standing room" and immediately regretted it I'm looking at this as a second chance.

Anyway it's all academic. It's not worth putting any effort into worrying about this until after the game tonight. :)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think the BIGGEST LESSON TO BE LEARNT from all of this is that the club needs to spell out all likely scenarios PRIOR to the registration date. If that can be done in the future nobody should have anything to gripe about.

Footnote: I still believe that ALL social club members will get a seat and that about 1/2 of the September Saints will get the standing room tickets. Lets get over tonight before we get too excited !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milton66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

They have their noses in everybody elses business. :roll:
I don't see the humour in that comment.

Back in the old days, we could stand on an empty 6-pack of tinnies.

Ever tried standing on those crappy plastic things they serve up these days?

I didn't think so.

Mental midget!

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
robsaint
Club Player

Teflon thanks for the offer just found they deducted the cost of premium ticket. Much appreciated.

robsaint
Club Player

how did you go saint1974 did you get your seats

undecided
Club Player

2 kids stuck with standing :(

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so the thread title is still pissed off is it????

im a little pissed off with some peoples attitudes when they fully knew the consequences and the system
yes its farked, blimey we can all see that
but its been in writing for how many years?

TICKET
not seat

i knew there was a chance i would be standing
so i actually saved enough money to get a ticket on the day...just in case.

i planned ahead and i worked my ass off for ten hrs a day 5 days a week plus 6 hrs on bloody sunday and ive done it all year
for what?
just in case...thats for what
i think i deserve my ticket

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

enjoy it matrix :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im not saying anymore on the subject
i still dont know what friggin bay or row i have but at the moment im not really fussed
still fuming a little bit to be honest
going for a smoke :evil:

saint1974
Club Player

robsaint wrote:how did you go saint1974 did you get your seats
Thanks robsaint we got premium too, but a long time member who can't stand got standing so my hubby is going to stand and give her his seat!