when did you think it was over?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

when did you think it was over?

just wondering when we all thought it was game over?

for me it was when Geelong kicked that point to put them 7 points up with a few mins to go. i remember it so well, slowing rolling and rolling and no one there to stop it, then as it went through the roars from the cats fans. i felt my heart drop to my toe nails when they got that point.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

+1 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

philip
Club Player

when chappy kicked the goal to put them 6 points up.

at that stage i thought these guys are too professional to let this slip now.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Ditto, I haven't even read the Sunday papers, just don't want to read the Geelong hype.
Just pulled down my decorations, put some into storage for next year.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
bethb7
Club Player

Yep that was it, was listening to the radio they said about 2 minutes to go the tears started to well up then, bad moment..

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Sam23
SS Life Member

yeh when chapman kicked that goal i thought it was all over.

didn't no where we were going to score from

Goddard.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Half way thru the last, when we missed our chances and they started to choke us.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Liam_G
Club Player

When Chapman kicked that goal. I know there was only 6 points in it, but we didn't even look like kicking a goal up to that stage in the quarter so thought it would take a miracle to kick one now. When they got that extra point, my head went in my hands and I don't think I saw the remainder of the match....
Last edited by Liam_G on Sun 27 Sep 2009 8:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Knew we couldnt win it after Chapman kicked that goal

Knew we had 100% lost it when they took a mark from the kick out after the last point we kicked. For some reason I still held hope that they would do something incredibly stupid at the kick out, we bang one through and we all come back next week

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
degruch
Saintsational Legend

When Roo bowled over Blake (?) in a marking contest running out of defense, turning it over for a Geelong score...thought we looked tired and overly desperate, starting to lose control.

Of course, I was punching the couch after Schnieders first shot at goal (after Monty and Kosi missed completely) yelling "we'll friggin' lose with kicking like that you idiots!". Little did I know, I'd see worse as the game progressed. :x

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I knew it was all over then too. That point broke my heart.

But then I clung on to any hope we had left when we kicked the next point knowing that if Geelong didn't get their kick-in right we might find a goal.

Taylor then took an outstanding pack mark from the kick-in to break my heart again.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

When Taylor took the mark i knew it was over....My heart raced when i saw that high kick though, just imagine if a saints player had of marked it :shock: :shock:

stkfc_obsessed
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:When Taylor took the mark i knew it was over....My heart raced when i saw that high kick though, just imagine if a saints player had of marked it :shock: :shock:
+1... and when he began to "stretch".. my heart died.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

when they pricks went 7 points up.

As for the Sunday papers - I've taken out the TV guides and magazines and turfed the rest of it.

saints11
Club Player

when taylor took that mark from the kick in with a minute left

BakesFan
SS Life Member

It was the Geelong kick-in after our last behind.... we were 6 points down, and The Moggies took an uncontested mark from that kick-in..

Before that, I thought we could still salvage a draw.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
wolfpup
Club Player

when ablett was making a play in the centre, jones (? i think) made a great tackle the ball bounced away but scarlett gently kicked the ball in midair and the ball landed in front of ablett again, total fluke (chapman goal after that). that ball could have gone anywhere..... and we had loose players

we were 7 points down, but attacked again, we managed to kick another bloody point so 6 points down. the ball is kicked in heads near the wing and a geelong player took a mark. i was wondering where king/gardiner, etc were. that was the moment, that was it. i knew time had run out then......

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:When Roo bowled over Blake (?) in a marking contest running out of defense, turning it over for a Geelong score...thought we looked tired and overly desperate, starting to lose control.
That was my moment too. We thought that they we're really tired when the ball was turned over and running out of legs.

johnc19690

When Taylor marked the Ball from the kick out.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

when i was having a smoke at 3/4 time outside gate 3 and a bunch of Saints supporters were carrying on as though we'd won and serving it up to Geelong supporters, high fiving, whoopin' it up, blowing kisses and bragging about it being in the bag

Maybe not the very moment, but the one that really set in the worry that the 4th quarter compounded

SaintDebi
Club Player

BakesFan wrote:It was the Geelong kick-in after our last behind.... we were 6 points down, and The Moggies took an uncontested mark from that kick-in..

I thought so too. At that point my heart sank. Until then I really thought a draw was a very real possibility.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

How's about Hawkins' goal at the start of the last?

Off the boot I swear it was headed out on the full and then it magically arrowed straight through the middle.

donthglfa
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:
BakesFan wrote:It was the Geelong kick-in after our last behind.... we were 6 points down, and The Moggies took an uncontested mark from that kick-in..

I thought so too. At that point my heart sank. Until then I really thought a draw was a very real possibility.
Dito.......I still feel sick thinking about it :cry:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The point to go 7 up was when we were done for me.

Although the steady streamof missed opportunities earlier gave me a nagging feeling.......they are too good a side to leave in it...

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:The point to go 7 up was when we were done for me.

Although the steady streamof missed opportunities earlier gave me a nagging feeling.......they are too good a side to leave in it...
Me too Teflon.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell