Just watched the replay...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

Just watched the replay...

And I have a strong sense of calm about me.

It's always great to watch the replay because you miss so many little things live at the game.

Firstly, I have to sy that I'm so proud of our team's effort. The commitment of all players cannot be questioned. They left everything they had on the field.

Secondly, giving your best doesn't mean you're good enough to win a flag. There will be some tough and I suspect unpopular decisions made within the next few weeks.

Thridly, the game could have gone either way. Play it again this week, and the result could easily be reversed. There was nothing in it.

Fourthly, we lost to one of the greatest teams of recent times. There is no shame in going down to Geelong. I felt they had our measure in the last quarter. Interestingly, almost every player acknowldged our biys after the game.

Yes, we didn't take our chances by missing easy goals. But there were a few unlucky things that didn't go our way. But you make your own luck, and Geelong made theirs.

There's some major defiencies in our squad which will need to be addressed, and that's fodder for other threads.

All I know is that I'm proud of the boys and coaching staff... and I'm confident that we'll bounce back next year.

Bring on 2010!

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Your brave :shock:

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Your brave :shock:
Not really. I sat there stunned onSaturday, so I like to watch the replay so that at least I can be clear on what actually happened... rather than what's posted on here. :wink:

BTW, I reckon Raph kept trying all day.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Your brave :shock:
Not really. I sat there stunned onSaturday, so I like to watch the replay so that at least I can be clear on what actually happened... rather than what's posted on here. :wink:

BTW, I reckon Raph kept trying all day.
Sure, I plan on watching it, just not for a couple of days...

BTW, you won't get me arguing Milton, they all tried so very hard.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Just watched the last quarter. My heart sank just as much the second time.

The Schnieder hold was a major umpiring decision that should not have been ignored, the umpires didn't want to make the hard call.

Two umpiring calls -who knows.

Another goal would have made it at least interesting- thats history now.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you Milt!!!!! Watched it today! (including the marvellous interview with the Doc and Cowboy! Confront the pain Folks!!! Savour it! Make it work for us next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Just watched the last quarter. My heart sank just as much the second time.

The Schnieder hold was a major umpiring decision that should not have been ignored, the umpires didn't want to make the hard call.

Two umpiring calls -who knows.

Another goal would have made it at least interesting- thats history now.
I started f****** crying again. Sweet jesus...

There was so nothing in it. A split hair either way.

It's exhausting to even think about let alone revisit on TV...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I got sucked into it as well....for the third time...

Far out it still hurts.

We had our chances.......

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Milton66
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with you Milt!!!!! Watched it today! (including the marvellous interview with the Doc and Cowboy! Confront the pain Folks!!! Savour it! Make it work for us next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually feel better for having watched it. As you know, it was frantic on the day.

At least I've had my own questions answered, and I can be at peace that we gave it everything on the day.

But as I said... giving everything and being good enough to win are two seperate issues.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

gee - i found it almost unbearable just watching the 2 min fox highlights on the web. :cry:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I still haven't bought a newspaper let alone watched a replay

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Went to the family day, bought every newspaper, watched the replay and it still doesnt stop hurting -so much for flood therapy.

bethb7
Club Player

I watched it too, we were up for most of that last quater we just needed to hold on for a couple more minutes it really hurts we just needed a tiny bit of luck :cry:

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Milton66
SS Life Member

bethb7 wrote:I watched it too, we were up for most of that last quater we just needed to hold on for a couple more minutes it really hurts we just needed a tiny bit of luck :cry:
Oi... give me back my sig. :evil: :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im not watching it
ill prob delete it, before i change my mind and watch it....and then regret watching it

so its best that it goes i think

Milton66
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:im not watching it
ill prob delete it, before i change my mind and watch it....and then regret watching it

so its best that it goes i think
Be brave. It's good therapy. Trust the monster. :twisted:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Just watched the first 3/4 on FF then the last q and aftermath on normal.

:cry:

Anyway, bring on the B&F then the 2010 season.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why was everyone rushing this year anyway, by round 18 alot of you willed the finals to come around quickly....I hold you all responsible that footy is over already! :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nope milton
wont be done :!:

Milton66
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:nope milton
pussy 8-)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

How can you do this to yourselves?

I'm afraid to scroll through the Foxtel guide with the remote in case I happen to see "2009 Grand Final Replay" listed.

I missed my first On the Couch and Footy Classified for the year. I love those two programs so much. My Monday night is not complete without them.

Just seeing the back page of the Sun this morning made me cringe - "Purrfect". :?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:nope milton
pussy 8-)
while calling me a pussy is a good laugh
its not a good word around here this week

lol

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:How can you do this to yourselves?

I'm afraid to scroll through the Foxtel guide with the remote in case I happen to see "2009 Grand Final Replay" listed.

I missed my first On the Couch and Footy Classified for the year. I love those two programs so much. My Monday night is not complete without them.

Just seeing the back page of the Sun this morning made me cringe - "Purrfect". :?
I watched on the couch, but footy classified finished last week I think...In some weird way, I just needed to hear if people were giving us any respect....I won't watch the game for a little while yet.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

OLB wrote:How can you do this to yourselves?

Well, you are in luck. You didn't miss Footy Classified as it was not on. Finished last week. Only On the Couch and One Week At A Time were on this week. Watched parts of one and will 'try' to watch the other tomorrow. Still hurts too damn much!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Not ready yet but retaped it and On The Couch and One Week at a Time and The Winners. I will just sit on them for a while.

This is still the only Saints game I have never rewatched on replay including 97. I still have not read a paper or watched any tv footy shows or news since the loss. I can't avoid it at work (as some of you know) but I have actually not listened to the radio in the car or house since the final siren.

Pretty difficult given my profession, but I just can't do it...yet. This is the only place I have truly discussed the game.