S.P.O: Still pissed off thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I just watched the replay on Fox. Gutted all over again. If only...
yeah i saw that when i was seeing what was on other channels
i just kept flicking past

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I just watched the replay on Fox. Gutted all over again. If only...
I was watching that also, and in the last 5 minutes was left there shaking my head. It's seriously like someone has come along and cut a large hole in my heart.

NO MERCY SAINTS!! 2010!! :evil: :evil:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SirDog
Club Player

Hi there,

I flew from Perth at midnight and arrived on 6.00am Saturday morning in Melbourne. I stayed up all day and obviously went to the MCG to the GF. I think there has been plenty said about the game so I will snip that part out. The next day after attending Ethiad for the wake I returned to Perth Sunday evening.

I felt kind of empty - especially immediately after the match when I got the train from Jolimont to Flinders Street with a mass of long faced Saint supporters (I was one of them - no one talkied). But here in Perth alot of people ask me about the match which I enjoyed (apart from freezing and the end result). Most of the people I speak to here supported the saints.

Now, I really feel excited about 2010. I have booked my annual leave and flight (this time with wife and kids) to Melbourne with the intent on attending next year's GF. Seeing our guys out there last Saturday was purely remarkable, it was one hard ass match. And I am still of the belief we lost that GF as much as Geelong won it. The Saints inspired me as a supporter.

I also think of our heartbreak but lets not forget our opponents, they lost Grand Finals in 1989 (6pts), 1992 (28pts), 1994 (80pts), 1995 (61pts), 2008 (26pts) - they have been there too. I only hope that St.Kilda does'nt endure the same fate. I don't believe they will.

I'll admit though, I tried watching the replay on ONE but couldn't.

I'm sorry that I kinda waffled here (thats why I don't post much)

cheers guys & gals. :)

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
Feels like a life sentence in jail was about to be overuled, but just as I was stepping outside into freedom,I got dragged back in and told they will re-evaluate me in 12 months time with no guarantee.

F#ck it
That sums up the feeling very well Jonesy.Not that I have done time but in sense we are all still doing time[43 years] as supporters.

How long till redemption??

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I bit my bottom lip and watched the replay.

How on earth we lost still escapes me...

f*** f*** f**kity f*** FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

And those that know me know I'm not and umpire basher...BUT

Add to the Hawkins goal that wasn’t the hold on Schneider late in the game that wasn’t paid, the free-that-wasn’t paid to Ablett for nothing more than Gilbert being an exceptionally skilful defender, the Mooney mark that resulted in a goal that should have been reversed when he whacked Gilbert in the mouth with a closed fist, and the fifty-that-wasn’t-or-that-was-at-best-borderline paid against Milne in Q2. All in one way or another affected the scoreboard by either gifting the Cats a goal, allowing them to kick for one when they shouldn’t have had the opportunity, or denying St Kilda the opportunity to score.

Hell, the Saints kick straight (as they should have) and these issues don’t arise, but fact is the Sainters have serious cause for grievance.

But in the end arguably the team that controlled the greater part of the game lost. Fact is even to an impartial observer the umpiring was a considerable player in that happening.

Still, we were incredibly trigger happy with the gun pointed at our foot.

Coulda woulda shoulda...

We'll be unstoppable next year with that burning in our memories.

Cats were gifted one.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe those who watched the replay!

Why not just stick a knife into your guts instead.....

I doubt I'll ever watch the replay.

But think of the positives....had we won, we wouldn't have a 1 million post thread on Fevola :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

To be fair, it's a cracking contest.

If you can turn a blind eye to the missed opportunities and don't watch from the 15 min mark or so of the last, it's actually not so bad.

But to watch it in entirety...Nup. Never.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Was saying that to few friends yesterday.Was a great game[will go down as an all time classic GF] but the reality is that after 2 hours of brillance that last few minutes kills it forever for one group of supporters... :cry:

Just the cruel nature of sport...

as Jimmy sang "There ain't no second prize!! :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Lets face it .

We will all be still pissed off until we win the bloody thing :x

That should erase the bitter taste of 09.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Baldock Rules wrote:Lets face it .

Yes we will be pissed until we win the thing, but when we win next years flag it will be great but wont eliminate the bitter feeling of thei year

It will be our second flag, not third as it should be

I love this club
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:

Yes we will be pissed until we win the thing, but when we win next years flag it will be great but wont eliminate the bitter feeling of thei year

I don't agree with that at all.

Do you think that Collingwood were still hurting about 66 , 70 ,79 or 80 when they won in 1990?

You only had to look at the faces of the Geelong boys to know that last year was the furtherest thing from their minds.

Winning in the present is all that matters.

Trust me it will not even exist when we bring home the big prize.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Baldock Rules wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

I don't agree with that at all.

Do you think that Collingwood were still hurting about 66 , 70 ,79 or 80 when they won in 1990?

You only had to look at the faces of the Geelong boys to know that last year was the furtherest thing from their minds.
Winning in the present is all that matters.

Trust me it will not even exist when we bring home the big prize.
Bolded area...

I believe part of their resolve and to just find that little little bit extra was the thought of not experiencing 2008 pain again.......not actually thinking about it........but they could just dig deeper.

of course as seasons move on it would have a smaller impact........hence it was always going to be that little bit harder to beat Geelong.........
if someone plays us in 2010 compared to (if we dont make it again for some years) many players then would not have experienced the pain........

saint4life
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Waiting for next season..

Not that I miss me footy or anything.
6 days since our season finished.
Next season starts in 160 or so days.

Oh well.

Shrappy
Club Player

It still hurts big time.

I have not bought a paper for 5 days now (a record)

You should try living ang working in Geelong... It is Hell!!!!

I just dont want to talk to people

spert
Saintsational Legend

The worst Saints loss I have experienced -the golden opportunity lost. The window was as wide open for us as it has ever been for a football team, open windows soon close.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:The worst Saints loss I have experienced -the golden opportunity lost. The window was as wide open for us as it has ever been for a football team, open windows soon close.
Ours is a quality Jeldwen window and will be open for quite a while.

But yes, a piece of gold flushed away.

Baldock Rules
Club Player

My mother is 83 in two weeks.She remembers 66 well and said she and dad were partying till the wee hours that night in parkdale.I asked her how she felt about Saturday and she said"a bit pissed off to be honest".

true story!!!.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Along with your mum I am still seriously pissed off..Especially with the weather today and probably will be until we crush whoever is unlucky enough to meet us in round one :x

Let the healing begin :shock:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Looking at the match for the very last time, it just proved to me that Kosi, Milne and NDS are good players rather than great players who we have expected to swing games in this situation.. they have no overdrive gear.. a couple of Geelong guys did find the go pedal in the last quarter. Raph, Mini, Gilbert and Zac will be even better next year. I hope we keep Ball and use him in the forward line as he has GUTS. We really need Armo and Steven to take the next step in 2010. We may have just been a year ahead of ourselves.

bushy_999
Club Player

IT STILL HURTS
it makes me sick

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I'll tell you what got my ire up, was listening to Jon Anderson on his first sports report on the AW breakfast show the other morning.
Said he was sitting with two Bulldogs supporters who reckon they saw nothing that the Bulldogs couldn't have beaten on GF day.
What a load of crap, if they thought the Bulldogs would have beaten either us or Geelong in the GF, tghen why didn't they beat Geelong in the QF and us in the Prelim.
Anderson also said if the Dogs had Hall they wouldv'e played in the GF, please, however he did say if we had Lovett, we would have won the GF.
Unfortunately, we lost, it hurts, can't change history, but at least we can make history next year.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

Would it ease the pain knowing that we will go back to back in 2010 and 2011??

Get on board forget 2010 it was alkl in all a very positive year. We were almost unbeatable and still improving. I believe Lovett, peake both add the pace we need with Armitage, Lynch, Steven, Geary all ready to step up.

No reason we cant go 25 - 0. Get excited again this is far from over. 2010 and 2011 both shaping up great years! :wink:

Meanwhile geelong have lost again more depth while we have lost ball, max, clarke all 3 werent in 22 whereas Lovett will be and exaclty what we needed!! Its all positive i reckon. Not to mention the players are now very ngry and hurt. Wouldnt be surprised if we went 25-0.

I mean end of 2008 I thought it was over that this 'nucleus' of players wwre done and dusted. Macqualter, jones, Gilbert and the GAMEPLAN were b-grade. In 2009 the gameplan clicked and all 3 plus recruits Ray, Dawson all stepped up incredibly well to now open the window for another 3 years its GREAT!

GO SAINTS! Dont give up now ... if you wanna give up wait to 2012 to do so! :)