Club Statement- Luke B- :(- wants to go to pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:He said he wants to go where he feels more of a key contributor...
Isn't that a major diss to Collingwood then?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Gosh, I am gob smacked. Thought Luke was of stronger character. So very disappointed. But touch one of our boys, and yes, I might boo you. :cry:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:What about that photo posted on this site of a man in tears in the rooms after the GF ???

What were those tears about?

Shattered like the rest of us because of his love for the Saints.
Or tears because he had already decided to leave and knew he had blown his chance of grabbing a medal before clearing out his locker?

I know this is a professional sport and generally these days players follow the money and opportunities.
But I thought Bally was better than that. :evil: :evil:
That's what I asked before, who were the tears for if not St Kilda....he said he couldn't look Roo in the eyes?

emma
Club Player

As much as it hurts that he is leaving i cannot begrudge him for wanting 'greater opportunities' in regards to playing time. Unfortunantly for him by extending his career he may just have climbed out of a premiorship window to start a collection of wooden spoons (PSD) or lower his IQ by having to spend excessive amounts of time with the pies players. Such a shame, he is a fantastic bloke.

Batnoe

Now he has said he wants to go - f*** off, we dont want scum around here

Maybe this is why Ross had dropped him throughout the year? Hey Luke, you have a contract on the table and you arent signing well how about i drop you ( all players said the coach and Luke had been in talks)

Sad to see him go, however if we get compensated and Armo and Steven step up i will be happy

As article says a second rounder and player- no way, he is worth more than a 2nd rounder

bigred
Saintsational Legend

See now I'm angry.

Not up to the challenge. "I'll move you on".....

Difficult to judge what currency he is worth.

Not that quick.
No penetration with his kicking.
Gets the really hard ball.
Tank not massive.
#2 Draft pick.
Former all australian.
Club captain.
Former Best and Fairest.

pfft and we are gonna trade that for a second rounder in this fkn draft....and a fkn player like Obree...Sheeeeeeesh.

Play hardball with this one.

No fkn fringe onballers or gumby small backmen.

Straight swap for Harry O and that is being generous on our part.
I dont think the Filth would go for that.

That trade could work for our structure pretty well.

F***...I hate buying into trade week. Its all bulltish.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
SainterK wrote:He said he wants to go where he feels more of a key contributor...
He's a walk up start into their midfield.

Absolutely.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Very Dissapointed with lukes decision but i would prefer him to go somewhere else if he no longer has the passion for the club. Would be great to see armo or steven play a large percentage of games next year and develope our youngsters. Stop getting recyled players and stick with a similar list we had this year. Our list must be pretty good if we only lost 3 games all year. The shame about luke nominating collingwood as his preferred club as they do not have anybody they are doing to give away that we actually want so they could come away with the better deal.

makemytime
Club Player

sooo disappointed when i read that, but we can't stop him if he wants it that badly. But honestly, why bother joining a team that can't play and will never play a grand final?
AND no, we do not want that hack called Fraser FFS.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Contributor to his own bank account.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milton66
SS Life Member

So what's everyone more upest about?

A) Luke's leaving

B) He's going to the filith

C) We might end up with Fraser

D) Allof the above

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
I hate to say it because I backed him when he was down, but I do agree with you Ace. He will make space for another young Saint to come through. Bring them on.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am upset he is leaving, but if he has no more to give....then it's for the best, because more is going to be needed in 2010.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:
I hate to say it because I backed him when he was down, but I do agree with you Ace. He will make space for another young Saint to come through. Bring them on.
You should start athread.. Good Bye Luke... Pledge Your Disgust. :wink: :lol:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:
Perhaps more of a compliment to us. Either way, it's hard not to take it as 'St Kilda is better than Collingwood'. Would anyone argue with that though?

Collingwood play a different style to us. They're more of a one-on-one team than we are. We're more about spreading, zoning and outnumbering than following an opponent around. Ball is far better suited to their system, IMO. One wonders though if Ball will have trouble fitting into Buckley's system in a couple of years time.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:So what's everyone more upest about?

A) Luke's leaving

D) Allof the above

C).........Fraser is a DUD...he struggles to be a GOP.......worst No.1 pick since Lounder :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
hotdish
Club Player

Seeing this makes me very sad...

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... 2&ct=image

He never really reached his potential (from his second year...)

Milton66
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:

A) Luke's leaving

D) Allof the above

C).........Fraser is a DUD...he struggles to be a GOP.......worst No.1 pick since Lounder :lol:
LOL, I rember back on the footy show when Trevor used to give it to Eddie for all of the filth's losses, and Eddie was all excited that they'd be drafting Fraser the wonder kid.

Anyone know who went after him in the draft?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:
I wouldn't pledge my gust let alone my dis-gust :!:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Our offer to him may have been a massive slap in the face leaving him no choice but to leave.

Footballers may confess to loving a club, but IMO, it's mostly just lip service.

It's a career at the end of the day.

No matter how much you love your job, if another company offered you 40k more and certain assurances that you don't have at your current job, you would be off in a flash.

In 2005 I was convinced he was the best of all the young mids at the club.

Shame.

All the best to him.

The most disappointing thing for me is, I'm going to have to think of another username... :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:Seeing this makes me very sad...

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... 2&ct=image

He never really reached his potential (from his second year...)
Yeah it's sad, however the positive is that there are three others on that list that will be around to rise to the challenge of 2010.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
ace wrote:
I wouldn't pledge my gust let alone my dis-gust :!:
no, you're defintely better than that. God bless.

BTW, is it just me or has this page gone extra wide screen??

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

A) Luke's leaving

D) Allof the above

I cant concentrate. I get hungry every time you post and I don't know why :roll:

Badlands
Club Player

Understandably most of us are still feeling the pain lingering from just over a week ago, and now with the news of Bally's departure coming so soon after season's end, it's not surprising people are expressing varying degrees of sadness/displeasure/anger at this news.

But i would like to think that in the cool light of day, people will actually take the time to reflect on what he's given to the club over the course of his career. As gutted and upset as i am, im finding some of the comments on this thread a bit distasteful 'good riddance, traitor etc etc', especially when some appear to be based on pure speculation.

Out on the field, no one gave more of themselves than Luke Ball, right up to his last game. I don't know the full nature of his reasons for leaving, but you can bet he didn't arrive at the decision lightly, and while it will seemingly place me at odds with most on here, i wish him well for the future, and really hope he can overcome the injuries that seem to have crippled him during much of his time at the Saints. He's always struck me as a ripping bloke and im just gutted that he's leaving.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Our offer to him may have been a massive slap in the face leaving him no choice but to leave.

Footballers may confess to loving a club, but IMO, it's mostly just lip service.

It's a career at the end of the day.

No matter how much you love your job, if another company offered you 40k more and certain assurances that you don't have at your current job, you would be off in a flash.

In 2005 I was convinced he was the best of all the young mids at the club.

Shame.

All the best to him.

The most disappointing thing for me is, I'm going to have to think of another username... :lol:
Best post on this s.hit thread.

Ball owes the STKFC nothing.

STKFC owes Ball nothing.

All this talk about character and him being a tratior is so incredibly infantile.

As a supporters Luke Ball is now just an opposition player. He means nothing to me. I wont be losing sleep over him going.

Good luck Luke - dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)