Burgoyne a Hawk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Burgoyne a Hawk

Massive, complicated 3-way trade has gone through involving the Hawks, Port and the Bombers.

My understanding is:

Hawks lose: Williams #9

Bombers lose: Nash, #16

Port lose: Burgoyne

Williams is going to the bombers, whilst picks #9 and #16 are going to Port. Not sure where Nash is going. and there are some other picks to be distributed

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Re: Burgoyne a Hawk

#1GILL wrote:Massive, complicated 3-way trade has gone through involving the Hawks, Port and the Bombers.

My understanding is:

Hawks lose: Williams #9

Bombers lose: Nash, #16

Port lose: Burgoyne

Williams is going to the bombers, whilst picks #9 and #16 are going to Port. Not sure where Nash is going. and there are some other picks to be distributed
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Who would have been the better value for #16 ...Lovett or Williams ...?

Statsman
Club Player

Essendon must be getting something else besides Williams in return for pick #16 and Nash. Otherwise they're saying Williams is worth more than Lovett.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Lovett > Williams

Sainterman
Club Player

Statsman wrote:Essendon must be getting something else besides Williams in return for pick #16 and Nash. Otherwise they're saying Williams is worth more than Lovett.
Must be getting another pick back, maybe a second rounder.

I wouldn't be happy if I was Ess, seems they have lost Lovett and the pick and really only got Williams, who is a GOP IMO.

doristhesaint
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:Who would have been the better value for #16 ...Lovett or Williams ...?
Lovett for me.

Williams knee is a bit dodgy as well

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I think Bombers get #24

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:I think Bombers get #24
If thats the case Bomber lose big.

Williams and 8 places down for Lovett :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
doristhesaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Joffa i no u will want to find a way to disagree with me but if essendon lose out GOOD IMHO :D

saintm
Club Player

Is actually a four-way trade with a "mystery" Club involved.

Any guesses??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Joffa i no u will want to find a way to disagree with me but if essendon lose out GOOD IMHO :D
Essendon hater
Hey but thats good :wink: :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:Is actually a four-way trade with a "mystery" Club involved.

Any guesses??
Gold Coast?

Lance or James??

Statsman
Club Player

It has to be Michael "Supercoach" Voss doesn't it? The word is he's traded his grand mother for Port Adelaide's 8th round pick as part of the Burgoyne deal.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
doristhesaint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Essendon hater
Hey but thats good :wink: :wink:[/quote

Things are looking up Joffa we do agree on something i do hate essendon :wink:

doristhesaint
Club Player

Statsman wrote:It has to be Michael "Supercoach" Voss doesn't it? The word is he's traded his grand mother for Port Adelaide's 8th round pick as part of the Burgoyne deal.
I wonder if we missed out here i believe Voss's grandmother is a promsing tall lead up forward that we may have been searching for

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint wrote:
Statsman wrote:It has to be Michael "Supercoach" Voss doesn't it? The word is he's traded his grand mother for Port Adelaide's 8th round pick as part of the Burgoyne deal.
I wonder if we missed out here i believe Voss's grandmother is a promsing tall lead up forward that we may have been searching for
Apparently looking for more opportunities and her position with Voss is "untenable" :D

Lance or James??

ytw
Club Player

Is it just me, or should we be a little frightened by the Hawks next year.

No doubt they had a major form slump this year, but a team that beat the Cats for the flag not very long ago just received an absolute gun midfielder.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Is it just me, or should we be a little frightened by the Hawks next year.
Me too. With Josh Gibson holding up the backline and Simon Taylor leading the rucks!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

ytw wrote:Is it just me, or should we be a little frightened by the Hawks next year.

No doubt they had a major form slump this year, but a team that beat the Cats for the flag not very long ago just received an absolute gun midfielder.
Still need to do the hard work, it's not just going to happen....