Belvedere Park.. Any progress? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Did anyone read the article with Brock McLean from Tuesday's paper....one of the reasons he wanted out of Melbourne was the 3hr commute to Casey.

Not sure how often he had to commute down there, but it was an interesting comment all the same.
It was indeed interesting.
Over on Demonland there was some debate earlier in teh year as to what effect the 'travel factor' would have on kepping and/or attracting players to tehm would be.

Whilst it would seemingly have no real concerns for those living in the southeast/bayside area, I can well understand anybody living in the Western Suburbs (McLean lives in Maribyrnong?) having some problem with it.

In the end I don't believe it was the real reason he chose to jump ship though.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Well according to the "Spiritual home" supporter, we can expect a mass exodus of Saints players next year. :roll:

And we won't attract any players either.

Obviously, Lovett does mind the drive... or did we throw in a Limo + driver to sweeten the deal? :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I was at a function earlier this year and it was mentioned during a speech that the players were looking forward to the move to Seaford.

I was between two of our fairly senior players and their necks almost snapped looking at each other quickly and raising the eyebrows...left me in no doubt what their thoughts were on the move.

However, I'm sure they are professional enough that they'd be over it now and looking forward to an elite training facility.

I know some aren't/weren't impressed about the probability of relocating their accommodation arrangements, but that's the big business that is footy these days.

zebraman
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Did anyone read the article with Brock McLean from Tuesday's paper....one of the reasons he wanted out of Melbourne was the 3hr commute to Casey.

Not sure how often he had to commute down there, but it was an interesting comment all the same.
It was indeed interesting.
Over on Demonland there was some debate earlier in teh year as to what effect the 'travel factor' would have on kepping and/or attracting players to tehm would be.

Whilst it would seemingly have no real concerns for those living in the southeast/bayside area, I can well understand anybody living in the Western Suburbs (McLean lives in Maribyrnong?) having some problem with it.

In the end I don't believe it was the real reason he chose to jump ship though.
Can guarantee you that McLean isn't the only one who doesn't like travelling to Cranbourne

casey scorp
Club Player

zebraman wrote:Can guarantee you that McLean isn't the only one who doesn't like travelling to Cranbourne
Interesting thing about shifting the workplace of the workers - as a general rule the workers don't like it. However, a new employee knows no difference, and seeks a job knowing the location of the workplace.

As a former great VFL administrator said to me, (his) club will turn most of its list over in 5 years and the players in a relatively short time will know no different.

It really doesn't matter what the players think, as St Kilda demonstrated by the move to Belvedere Park.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't seem to bother some Geelong players where they train

Another opportunity awaits!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Belvedere Park is less than 15 minutes away for most of our players. Moorabbin, Highett, Cheltenham etc are all close to the Freeway that takes you straight past Belvedere Park.

NOT AN ISSUE !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne

Eastern wrote:Belvedere Park is less than 15 minutes away for most of our players. Moorabbin, Highett, Cheltenham etc are all close to the Freeway that takes you straight past Belvedere Park.

NOT AN ISSUE !!
Can't believe that there is STILL a need for this to be pointed out!

Surely we are paying our players enough for them not to be riding their Malvern Stars to training any more. :roll:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

How much is this going to cost?

Here's what $21m gets you:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/gall ... 11,00.html

Very nice.

GrumpyOne

The replica Locker Room is appropriate.... they've had replica players in the team for several years now.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So where will Intra-CLub be next year?

This year they made a big deal out of this being the last one at Moorabbin..yet it seems that BP will still be well and truly a construction site in Feb next year.

That leaves...Frankston Oval? TBO?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bigmicka
Club Player

Sorry OLB as soon as I saw that first picture, I threw my drink at the screen.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So where will Intra-CLub be next year?

This year they made a big deal out of this being the last one at Moorabbin..yet it seems that BP will still be well and truly a construction site in Feb next year.

That leaves...Frankston Oval? TBO?
From what I can gather (from here and saints.com.au) Belvedere Park won't be ready until almost the end of 2010. I can't see why we can't use Moorabbin in Feb. Surely all the demolition and parkland work will be completed by then !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I gotta say, after doing some research on the other AFL redevelopments going on around Melbourne, the saints one thou 100 times better than what we have now falls short on facilities. I think the admin/gym/rec/indoor area is way to small compared to the other facilities. We will be better off but still behind the eight ball.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Haha sorry mic, should've left a note. :wink:
ausfatcat wrote:I gotta say, after doing some research on the other AFL redevelopments going on around Melbourne, the saints one thou 100 times better than what we have now falls short on facilities. I think the admin/gym/rec/indoor area is way to small compared to the other facilities. We will be better off but still behind the eight ball.
How much are we spending?

Shame that we finally fork out the funds for a training ground but it's not even finished and already other clubs have surpassed us.

I guess it helps when you're in a two-club state but still, always playing catch up.

How many redevelopments in Melbourne atm?

North Melbourne spending more than us on theirs?

Sunday Red
Club Player

OLB wrote:How much are we spending?

Shame that we finally fork out the funds for a training ground but it's not even finished and already other clubs have surpassed us.

I guess it helps when you're in a two-club state but still, always playing catch up.
How much coin does Adelaide for playing home games at AAMI as opposed to Etihad?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote: How many redevelopments in Melbourne atm?

North Melbourne spending more than us on theirs?

Bulldogs, Carlton, North, Richmond

Yes North spending more but that includes some community stuff and knocking down existing facilities, so probably the same really. Can't find much info on plans or anything on their redevelopment thou. But the artis impresssions makes it seem bigger than ours, in terms of meeting/admin and the indoor training, but dunno if they got a lap or anything.

bigmicka
Club Player

being close, the western Oval redevelopment is freaking huge.

Even though they jumped the queue and went to the state government to intervene, it ended up with them agreeing with the council.

Unlike our s*** storm with topsy turvy and the moron trying to change a carpark into a urban forest or some bullsheet.

mic

bigmicka
Club Player

oh I drove past blues HQ today.

What the hell is it with Architects at the moment.

Everything seems to be garish angles and weird colours.

Blues HQ will look like a dump in about 2 years when it is no longer in style.

It is like all the schools being built at the moment, they look like absolute rubbish.

mic

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:being close, the western Oval redevelopment is freaking huge.

Even though they jumped the queue and went to the state government to intervene, it ended up with them agreeing with the council.

Unlike our s*** storm with topsy turvy and the moron trying to change a carpark into a urban forest or some bullsheet.

mic
As well federal funding helped a bit

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry about the practice matches - where will the boys train if they demolish Moorabin and our new facilities aren't ready? After following a transient team (the roys) for so many years I couldn't bear for the saints to become like that for even one year.

ace
Saintsational Legend

mic
Yes that is your federal taxes at work.

Pork barrelling by that pig Julia Gillard.

St Kilda didn't get a cent from Federal Labor.
Fortunately the state government saw the disparity and responded by chipping in some for St Kilda, but not as much as Gillard's pork.

Vote state Labor, screw the federal Labor fraudsters.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Actually it was Howard that gave the inital funding for community projects with whitten oval.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:

mic

Fortunately the state government saw the disparity and responded by chipping in some for St Kilda, but not as much as Gillard's pork.

Excellent post. Lovely comment on Julia.

Milton66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:

mic

Excellent post. Lovely comment on Julia.
Wasn't the West development launched by Howard prior to an election?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?