Adam Pattison

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Adam Pattison

"The Saints are understood to have some interest in former Richmond player Adam Pattison..."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 81697.html

Games: 61
Height: 197cm
Weight: 99kg

This year he played eight games, averaging about 12 touches, 4/5 marks, 2 tackles, 9 hitouts. Both of the last two years he played 18 games for similar averages - 2007 was the best, up to 13 touches, 5 marks, 2.7 tackles, 10 hitouts.

He's played 60+ games but I can't remember ever noticing him. Surely we've already got a good number of young talls - McGrath, Stanley, McEvoy, Gaertner, Walsh - so we don't really need another one. Though maybe the reasoning is that he's just coming into his prime, and fills the gap between King+Gardy and McEvoy+Stanley?

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

yes but no good ones... undersized for a ruckman of his ability....

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Is a good honest battler ...

Pattison is a good battler - but surely we need midfield players like Scott HARDING (BL), Jamie McNAMARA (WCE), Daniel O'Keefe (Sydney) or Guy O'Keefe (WB) - more than another backup ruckman. I would have thought McEVOY is ready to take KING's position and if GARDINER and KING both go down and STANLEY is not ready surely KOSI could fill the gap for a week or two.

I think we do need another developing ruckman on our list and apparently the rucking stocks in this years draft are very thin - perhaps thats the reason?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Told ya so.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Told ya so.
You can read a paper too!!

:wink:

saint4life
Batnoe

There will be a few mature age rookies

Ablett, Harding etc will get picked up, if they arent in pre season they will be mature rookies

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

We'll see how he goes. He has done the apprenticeship in terms of games. He has a bit of the Cain Ackland and Trent Knobel about him but I have faith in the coaching and recruitment staff. They can see something that is worth a try so let's see how he goes.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Lets remember this time last year, we were all scratching our heads after recruiting Farren Ray and Zac Dawson and look what happened there. In Ross we trust :)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Lets remember this time last year, we were all scratching our heads after recruiting Farren Ray and Zac Dawson and look what happened there. In Ross we trust :)

I wasn't scratching my head about Ray.

But I was livid about Zac!

:D

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Lets remember this time last year, we were all scratching our heads after recruiting Farren Ray and Zac Dawson and look what happened there. In Ross we trust :)

umm no we werent. i remember nearly everyone on this site was positive about farren and we rookied zac so most people were happy to give him another go.

hope u r right though.... seems odd tigers would let him go? only 197 cm... too small to ruck....

so i have my doubts... hope he proves me wrong. but i wont be holding my breath.

Batnoe

Spinner wrote:

I wasn't scratching my head about Ray.

But I was livid about Zac!

:D
Same

I liked what i saw in Ray, but i thought meh, Dawson is only a rookie no big deal. But what a pick up

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pattison was DELISTED by Richmond FFS.......he is a gumby.....Tim Elliott is back.....

I was actually sitting with two tiger fans when he was called they burst out laughing....

Batnoe

BigMart wrote:Pattison was DELISTED by Richmond FFS.......he is a gumby.....Tim Elliott is back.....

I was actually sitting with two tiger fans when he was called they burst out laughing....
And Bulldogs laughed at when we picked up Ray- i wasnt

Did u laugh when u said that Richmond picked up Tamblng instead of Frankiln? I would

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We traded for Ray......

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Pattison was DELISTED by Richmond FFS.......he is a gumby.....Tim Elliott is back.....

How about listening to Ross Lyon's audio http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... smith-6826 about why we picked him up before you criticize. After all he is the coach and has a fair idea of what is needed

Another opportunity awaits!
Batnoe

BigMart wrote:We traded for Ray......
I know we did. But the Bulldogs were saying ' hack hack' how wrong were they?!

He was played in the wrong spot, much like Pattison under a coach that had no idea how to get anything out of his players

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

yes Terry Wallace was a genie arse!

Another opportunity awaits!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ON SEN this morning

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

WE have the best coach in the league. He has learnt to be media savvy he is brilliant. St Kildas BEST EVER coach. He will prove it I have no doubt we will win a flag under him, something is saying 2010/2011 back to back I just have this feeling. :wink:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Our team needs back up in case two or more big blokes go down. He is slightly more mobile than available alternatives at 198cm. That's why he was picked, anything more from him will be a bonus.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:How about listening to Ross Lyon's audio http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... smith-6826 about why we picked him up before you criticize. After all he is the coach and has a fair idea of what is needed
Transcription of that bit of the interview:

"Yeah, certainly, it was a tough one that one, but he came in and met with us, and he'd organised his own fitness coach, physio, pilates, he went through the injuries, he battled in 60 games. And the profile of our list, we've certainly got King at 31 who had some concerns with his body this year, he'd be the first to admit that, but he's up and running, and Gardiner. So those two, much as they're dominant, they can fall over, in a real sense, at any time, and McEvoy's ready to go, there's no doubt about that, but we thought the profile down to Rhys Stanley, he's really exciting but he's really raw. We just thought we haven't got anyone to go in if that situation occurs. All of a sudden Koschitzke's got to be ripped out of the front half, more pressure goes on to Riewoldt. Blake who can ruck you have to take out of the backline. So we just thought we played the percentages, in a sense - and Adam knows that - some insurance. But he's also 23. In 12 months going forward you can just see that King will retire, you would think, and Gardy we'd like to go on but that could change quickly. And the price you see other clubs paying to get ruckmen through, we just thought there's some forward planning, there's some insurance, and we took the opportunity based on the lack of talent our recruiters said there was really nothing else around that pick, so we took the opportunity."

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

I think essentially he was picked up as insurance - and purely because the other talent we were looking at was dried up. By listening the the Ross audio, he doesnt expect Patto to play many games next year - he is simply there as that middle aged ruckman with some experience in case he is needed...

We are in out premiership window NOW, so we might as well take every opportunity to ensure nothing terrible happens to prevent us winning it this year! At least now, if King and Gards go down, we have Patto and McEvoy to play in their places.

Also, unsure how many are aware but he is actually a forward who has been played out of position for most of his career due to injuries in 2008 to Trent Knobel and Troy Simmonds... Perhaps if rucking doesnt work for him, he is also further cover for Kosi/another tall forward

ace
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:There will be a few mature age rookies

Ablett, Harding etc will get picked up, if they arent in pre season they will be mature rookies
There were only 4 PASSes in the National Draft so unless their are more senior players delisted (or veterans inside the list moved outside the list) there will only be 4 Pre-Season picks.
1. Melbourne - Joel MacDonald
2. Richmond - to be announced
3. Fremantle - Adam McPhee
4. Sydney - Daniel Bradshaw

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:There were only 4 PASSes in the National Draft so unless their are more senior players delisted (or veterans inside the list moved outside the list) there will only be 4 Pre-Season picks.
I think Tyson Stenglein is still to be delisted, so that's one for West Coast as well.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Since we have picked him, I have seen him listed as 194, 197, 198. From what I have seen of him I would have thought he was taller than Kosi. And I thought he has played alright in the few games I have seen him in.