Good riddance to Scum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StSteven
Club Player

Ball is a decent bloke. He is gone but the reasons he felt the need to leave are still unanswered. They are still at the club and I hope they affect no one else.

StKFC is a poorer place having lost him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed
yet theres still something not right
i mean half the game time in a GF and its 'i didnt have control over rotations'?

there was something there imo
im sad to lose him but if he didnt wanna be here then its good that he isnt
he can join max over at eddie land
they might teach him to run fast 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is he waiting to share the whole story with everyone when the dust settles, or when he feels he has the form to justify bringing it up?
Last edited by SainterK on Mon 30 Nov 2009 3:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Ball is a decent bloke. He is gone but the reasons he felt the need to leave are still unanswered. They are still at the club and I hope they affect no one else.

I would havbe to agree with you there mate.

He is a fine young man and to see him called names on this forum is quite distressing and unwarrented.

I blame the club for his loss.

It would seem that having to have a whipping boy is not restricted to some of the members of this forum.

Riewoldt=Gun_09
Club Player

Mixed feelings about Ball, wouldn't mind if he went to the Dees but Collingwood?! Scum is scum after all!

This is Saints footy
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote: StKFC is a poorer place having lost him.
Thought we would be a $600k richer.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ball wanted a fresh start/and more love from the coach. Over the 3 years at the pies he will end up in the same position (or very close) on $$$.

RL is keen to bring Lovett and Armo in the 22 - and Luke was offered no gurantees of getting a game as he was rated behind CJ, Lenny, Dal etc and soon enough Armo and Lovey. At the Pies he can slot straight into O'Bree's spot seemlessly.

Luke probably sees himself as a 7/10 player. and RL saw him as a 6. In the end he just felt a little unloved.

Thats about it folks.

I reckon its time we moved on.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
StSteven wrote:Ball is a decent bloke. He is gone but the reasons he felt the need to leave are still unanswered. They are still at the club and I hope they affect no one else.

I would havbe to agree with you there mate.

He is a fine young man and to see him called names on this forum is quite distressing and unwarrented.

I blame the club for his loss.

It would seem that having to have a whipping boy is not restricted to some of the members of this forum.
I cannot agree with this post at all.

If you know some 'facts' about what transpired it would be refreshing to see them.
But for you to make a statement that 'I blame the club for his loss' without anything to back it up is just as bad, probably worse, than the name calling of Ball that you're complaining about.

Although this saga has been going on for weeks, very few facts and a whole lot of supposition/opinion have emerged.

What is beyond dispute, I believe, though is:-
-Ball was offered a new 3 year contract by the Club mid-season.
-The new contract was for less money (up to 50% less) than he was currently on.
-Ball's gametime reduced from mid-season
-Ball was 'dropped' from the team at a time when Sandringham had a bye.
-Ball spent a few weeks at Sandringham until being recalled for the Hawthorn game.
-Ball played poorly the following week and was again 'dropped'.
-Ball was recalled for the first final.
-Ball started the GF on the ground in the middle.
-Ball played about 50% of gametime in the GF, primarily in the first three quarters.
-Ball was publicly told he was a required player, and was not offered up as 'trade bait'.
-Ball chose to ask for a trade to Collingwood.
-St Kilda was unable to get an equitable deal done for him (in their opinion)
-The new 3 year contract was withdrawn
-Ball was told by the Coach what was required of him for a new contract.
-Ball chose to leave the Club and enter the National Draft.

How on earth do those facts lead to the Club being 'at fault' over this?
Why are they 'at fault'?
What did they do to exacerbate the situation to such a state that Ball felt he must leav and go only to Collingwood?
What was unfairly demanded of him?
And why only Ball?
Why not others - Riewoldt, Hayes, Dal Santo, Fisher, Goddard etc?

I'm all ears to learn the inside knowledge you have on what transpired that would lead you to the conclusion you have come to.

I want to know what St Kilda did to cause this irreconcilable breakdown between Ball and the Club. (apparently irreconcilable on Ball's part)

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Time to let it go.

All things become ancient history pretty quickly in the AFL, and this is just another one.

The Luke Ball thing has now run its course, and it's time to focuss on what's happening regarding the following names:

Tommy Walsh
Nick Winmar
Will Johnson
David Armitage
Jack Steven
Nick Heyne
Tom Lynch
Geary
Smith
etc
etc

I'm more interested in the present and the future

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I hope a couple of weeks before the draft doesn't translate to before he walked out on St Kilda :shock: :wink:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 5805940036

"A couple of weeks before the draft, just in case this happened, I was able to sneak down to Lexus Centre and do five or six sessions in the altitude centre."

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I hope a couple of weeks before the draft doesn't translate to before he walked out on St Kilda :shock: :wink:

"A couple of weeks before the draft, just in case this happened, I was able to sneak down to Lexus Centre and do five or six sessions in the altitude centre."
Certainly before he formally advised St Kilda (apparently by text message) and nominated for the Draft.
And whilst he was still on St Kilda's list, and therefore technically unable to 'train' at any other Club.
I'm wondering now if anybody still believes the 'fortuitous' finding of Ball training with a personal trainer in the Botannical Gardens was just the 'fluke' this particular journo made it out to be on SEN?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I hope a couple of weeks before the draft doesn't translate to before he walked out on St Kilda :shock: :wink:

5 or 6 sessions??

So Ball has openly admitted that he has breeched AFL Rules.

Remember that players such as Ball are not allowed to train at other AFL Clubs UNTIL they are drafted.

So unless St Kilda FC gave permission for Ball to train with the Pies, Ball has breeched the rules.

And make no mistake even if he was in the chamber by himself this was part of a Pies training regime....condoned and subsidised, if not fully paid for, by the Pies.

Anyone wanting to stick up for Ball's integrity might want to re-think their position.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see the private schoolboy getting the luxury he so obviously thinks he deserves with the "upgrade to business class".

I am sure that pampering and getting it easy will assure him a premiership - after thats what he thinks he obviously deserves - that and $500k a year of course.

character -> window

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Why is noone asking the big questions that need to be addressed?

Is Luke Ball, Grant Thomas's illegitimate son/love child?

1. they have similar eyes, or is it just me?

2. the 600k salary, is this a case of nepotism?

3. leaving a workplace in acrimony, sounds familiar!

4. self centered, greedy, mercenary, behaviour exhibited

Now apparently Grant Thomas once dated Luke Balls mother........

hmmm

the plot is thickening

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Why is noone asking the big questions that need to be addressed?

Is Luke Ball, Grant Thomas's illegitimate son/love child?

1. they have similar eyes, or is it just me?

2. the 600k salary, is this a case of nepotism?

3. leaving a workplace in acrimony, sounds familiar!

4. self centered, greedy, mercenary, behaviour exhibited

Now apparently Grant Thomas once dated Luke Balls mother........

hmmm

the plot is thickening
:lol:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

My memory may have fermented a little, but didn't someone post on here a few months back about a conversation with the Prez?

The poster asked the Prez whether he was concerned about losing players to the Gold Coast, and the response went something like..."All our good players are signed..."

I am starting to wonder whether lb was valued as highly within the club as he was to the supporters. If Ross has engineered this, then he is a genius. Forget trading him to hollywood, imagine the supporters outrage if we had taken a low pick and a dud? And I haven't heard any of the players complain that he is gone (usually there is a buzz of info if something is wrong).

So, in conclusion, this was a master stroke by a genius in player management.

Enjoy. 8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Nicky
Club Player

Ball by name but Ball-less by nature.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I queried this Monday when listening to when he spoke to Eddie on radio and eddie comfirmed he had been in the altitude room.
posted in one of the other threads....

I guess one question would be - How open to the public are the altitude rooms.?
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 02 Dec 2009 8:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The more you hear about all this the more you can't help thinking that Luke made up his mind mid year, at the time he was dropped and offered a reduced contract, and was simply off as soon as the GF was out of the way.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:The more you hear about all this the more you can't help thinking that Luke made up his mind mid year, at the time he was dropped and offered a reduced contract, and was simply off as soon as the GF was out of the way.
yep sounds like this was hatched long ago - which says a lot about character IMO.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:The more you hear about all this the more you can't help thinking that Luke made up his mind mid year, at the time he was dropped and offered a reduced contract, and was simply off as soon as the GF was out of the way.
yep sounds like this was hatched long ago - which says a lot about character IMO.
Yep makes you wonder how he could be so good in the GF when he knew he was leaving. Fantasy land.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Yep makes you wonder how he could be so good in the GF when he knew he was leaving. Fantasy land.
plugger, was it ok for Ball to be using Collingwood's facilities whilst apparently making up his mind re his playing future, and whilst still on St Kilda's list?

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
What the hell does how he played in his last game have to do with whether he knew/thought he would be leaving or not?

Didn't Barry Hall kicked the winning goal after the siren in his last game for us?... He sure as shyte knew he was leaving... I guess by you're reckoning he shouldn't have even bothered to take the kick.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

cwrcyn wrote:...
The Luke Ball thing has now run its course, and it's time to focus on what's happening regarding the following names:

Tommy Walsh, Nick Winmar, Will Johnson, David Armitage, Jack Steven,
Nick Heyne, Tom Lynch, Geary, Smith, etc

I'm more interested in the present and the future
Well said.
Luke Ball was a required player who turned his back on the club .. so let's just turn our back on him and look at our bright and exciting future above.
All the above players have the potential to make it and if/when they do they will individually provide more run and more kicking penetration than 2 Luke Balls put together.