Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Things are looking bloody great :roll:

Nothing for Ball and #16 for this jerkoff

I remember a rumor of Pick 16 and Ball for Bourgoyne.

Heartbeat in hindsight.
yeah well it seems Lyon has stuffed up BIG time.

Really cant believe a guy would be so bloody stupid to even put themselves in a position like he has done after being arrested last month.

Even if he is innocent the bloke must be completely braindead :x

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

some very good responses, some over the top and some stupid.

The club has done the completely correct thing in suspending the player but I agree that they need to keep a short lease on him. It's a disapointing situation and I am comfortable with the decision of the leadership group and coaching staff infuture decisions.

It's an extremely serious allegation and if found guilty he is the lowest of the low. But until then we need to trust in the culture of this club to work with the player.

Yet I would be more disapointed if our playing group was on a boat and the leadership group allowed them to get rat arsed.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Cant compare this to the M&M incident, or Greg Inglis for that matter

Lovett has form, and worse has form agasint women. He came to the Club no doubt having had the riot act read to him by the coaching staff and leadership group. I bet the words "zero tolerance" were thrown around. SO now, after one slight transgression that we were prepared to write off as happening before he knew any of his teamates, here we are with some VERY serious allegations being made against him. Allegations not a million miles away from the sort of thing that caused Essendon to lose patience with him. He did NOT come to us as a cleanskin remember

I'm sorry, but these kind of accusations bring out a red mist in me. Bugger presumption of innocence, given his history and what he should be trying to prove, Andrew Lovett should have been tucked up in bed at home, or serving Xmas dinners to the homeless, not out at a pub getting messy. Bit hard to be accused of anything if your home watching the late movie

A minder? Pfft hes not a rookie. RL has stated we arent a babysitting service and nor should we be. We owe him nothing. If anything formal comes of these investigations then he's lost my respect as a human being and I DONT want him in a St Kilda jumper. Zero tolerance, boot the stupid buggers sorry ass out the door. Had your chance and you screwed up deluxe

Sorry, Im not normally prone to fits of Neil Mitchell-esque ranting, but as I said above, this alleged kind of behaviour towards women sickens me
Agree totally Mick.

I am the first to defend our players, but i agree with everything you have written above.

I am so angry about this clown.

I am so pissed off at Ross Lyon introducing this type of behaviour into our club.

I am so angry that we have wasted a pick on this bloke and got nothing for Ball.

And most of all, IF this bloke has any charges proven in court about him, I hope he goes to the BIG HOUSE for a very long time.

There is a victim in this that goes way past our fortunes as a footy club (if proven to be true).

Really really pissed off about this whole tawdry episode. :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Ch 10 news said it was a team mates place. I thought they said 'friends' apartment, but later said team mate who wasn't involved and was out on the balcony when it occurred. This said player is now co-operating and assisting the police. The said player may also have assisted the club in reaching their position with Lovett, who knows?

Certainly doesn't sound good.

On another note I'm incredulous at posters who appear to be of the view that you lose some, you win some with regards to trades.

It's not as if we took a gamble at pick 70 on him. He was our FIRST PICK! If Gardiner had stuffed up when we selected him, I would have been of this dismissive view, but he hasn't stuffed up and the club certainly didn't give up OUR FIRST PICK for him.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: On another note I'm incredulous at posters who appear to be of the view that you lose some, you win some with regards to trades.

It's not as if we took a gamble at pick 70 on him. He was our FIRST PICK! If Gardiner had stuffed up when we selected him, I would have been of this dismissive view, but he hasn't stuffed up and the club certainly didn't give up OUR FIRST PICK for him.
Was willing to defend Lyon and his stance on Ball. Got nothing for him?

So what. We got this speed demon in Lovett and a young Irish guy called Walsh.

Not bad, especially with peake and if Jesse Smith can come good.

But now it looks like we have wasted our first pick on this doofus, and got nothing for a #2.

Oh sweet Jesus - I cant defend lyon any more. Lyon has farked up HUGE this time.

As I said before, Essendon must be quite happy they offloaded this bloke and the s.hit has fallen into our lap.

At the same time they gey #16 - sweeeeeeet. :x

I really hope the alleged victim is OK.

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

At least he never played so much as a practice match for us... and surely there would be bugger all chance that he will now... even if any allegations are found to be untrue, he's at very least allowed himself to get into another compromising position.....

Hopefully Walsh and Smith can come good for us.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Ch 10 news said it was a team mates place. I thought they said 'friends' apartment, but later said team mate who wasn't involved and was out on the balcony when it occurred. This said player is now co-operating and assisting the police. The said player may also have assisted the club in reaching their position with Lovett, who knows?

Certainly doesn't sound good.

On another note I'm incredulous at posters who appear to be of the view that you lose some, you win some with regards to trades.

I thought they said former team mates place.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Ball incident is totally unrelated to the outcome of the Lovett trade. You either agree with the stance, or you don't.

And although Lovett has form.... This does not make him GUILTY. I'm mighty pissed off as well - but having past misdemeanors does not make him guilty of this offense.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

How many of our players live in Port Melbourne?

I know of one.

Lance or James??

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if we can lay the blame totally with RL, although he's enough of a bloke that I'm sure he'd take the rap

We took a chance with Gardiner and it paid off

We decided against taking a chance with Cousins, much to the horror of many on here

We took a chance on Lovett and it may well have backfired. Thats footy. We all knew he was high-rick high reward. As a footballer he was exactly what we lacked during the year and didnt have in the GF, explosive speed through the midfield. If I was RL Id have taken the chance too. Our leadership group is outstanding and I'd have backed them to pull the guy into line. Doesnt like they'll get much of a chance to.

Better now than the week before Round 1 when he's pencilled into the starting 18. Not at all would have been good though :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:The Ball incident is totally unrelated to the outcome of the Lovett trade. You either agree with the stance, or you don't.
Tend to disagree Spinner. AFAIAC losing Ball for nothing was mitigated by the fact we picked up Lovett and Tommy Walsh - and this is how the club has sold it.

So if you look at it like that, we traded#16 and Ball for an international rookie who has never played a game.

I know, that is not how it pans out, and all of this is in hindsight, but I am just so dissapointed at the moment.
Spinner wrote:And although Lovett has form.... This does not make him GUILTY. I'm mighty pissed off as well - but having past misdemeanors does not make him guilty of this offense.
This is very true.

I applaude the club and its actions, however suspending Lovett makes it seem like he is guilty even if he isn't.

The club could do nothing else. It HAD to suspend Lovett even if it is totally untrue.

Lance or James??

lewdogs
Club Player

I don't think we can blame Lyon for this. At the time I thought it would be a great trade too, it just seems that Lovett is unable to control himself. I wish they'd just banned him from drinking or something like that.

Thoughts must go out to the girl involved - there is going to be so much speculation and rumour-mongering over the next few days.

What a terrible piece of news.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:The Ball incident is totally unrelated to the outcome of the Lovett trade. You either agree with the stance, or you don't.

And although Lovett has form.... This does not make him GUILTY. I'm mighty pissed off as well - but having past misdemeanors does not make him guilty of this offense.
No it doesnt, but it does make him guilty of incredible stupidity for putting himself in the position he is now. Should have been at home wrapping Xmas presents

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Better now than the week before Round 1 when he's pencilled into the starting 18. Not at all would have been good though :roll:
Yeah I suppose so.

Just so pissed off at the moment on so many levels

Pissed we may miss out on seeing Lovett tear it up for us

Pissed we probably have wasted a dp on this bloke

Pissed that it drags down the name of the club

An really, really pissed that a woman may have been assaulted in the most terrible and unforgivable of ways.

Lance or James??

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Yeah I suppose so.

Just so pissed off at the moment on so many levels

Pissed we may miss out on seeing Lovett tear it up for us

Pissed we probably have wasted a dp on this bloke

Pissed that it drags down the name of the club

An really, really pissed that a woman may have been assaulted in the most terrible and unforgivable of ways.
Same Joffa

but strange she wasn't taken to hospital which you would think would be the standard practise for a more extreme case if that is the actually acusation.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:Maybe it's the bad old racist Vic Police at it again.....
They have to get a complaint first-they dont' attend just because they want to. So don't go off and start blaming the police for this.

We have to be careful about we say, but from what I've read in the news tories, paramedics were called first and they may have made the follow up call to police.

Milton66
SS Life Member

So does anyome actually know the facts?

I remember all the cr@pola when he was thrown into the divvy...

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
I am so pissed off at Ross Lyon introducing this type of behaviour into our club.
C'mon JB, all Ross Lyon did was provide him with an opportunity as he did with Gardiner, who was IMHO worthy of AA ruckman status with a stellar season.

We are very fortunate and I find it to be very pleasing to have Ross Lyon as our clubs coach.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Tend to disagree Spinner. AFAIAC losing Ball for nothing was mitigated by the fact we picked up Lovett and Tommy Walsh - and this is how the club has sold it.

So if you look at it like that, we traded#16 and Ball for an international rookie who has never played a game.

I know, that is not how it pans out, and all of this is in hindsight, but I am just so dissapointed at the moment.

Incorrect. It was only suggested that we were happy to part with 16 because we felt that Walsh was a first round pick up.

The Ball position was totally separate and unrelated. Even though we lost out, I agreed with the stance at the time, and havn't changed my opinion the other was because the cards fell in the opposite direction.

On another note, the press conference wasn't a complete waste of time for the reporters like I stated. Provided much footage for the news and a face and voice to the statement we had already issued.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
They have to get a complaint first-they dont' attend just because they want to. So don't go off and start blaming the police for this.

We have to be careful about we say, but from what I've read in the news tories, paramedics were called first and they may have made the follow up call to police.
I took what Moods said as sarcastic.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
I blame Grant Thomas!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

itll be on ten digital in SA in about 2 mins if anyone is just about to sit down in front of the box
:)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
C'mon JB, all Ross Lyon did was provide him with an opportunity as he did with Gardiner, who was IMHO worthy of AA ruckman status with a stellar season.

We are very fortunate and I find it to be very pleasing to have Ross Lyon as our clubs coach.

What did we give up for Gardiner again?

Lyon has farked up BIG TIME.

Lovett for #16 is worse that Brookes for #8 in my opinion.

Saying that, you win some you lose some with trading. We have generally won with our trading under Ross Lyon.

However Lyon is not immune from critisism and in this instance I lay the responsibility directly at the coaches feet.

This, however, you must realise is my pissed off, knee jerk reaction to the news :wink:

Really so dissapointed. I was so looking forward to seeing Lovett for us, and it looks like this will never happen.

you are correct b4e, we are fortunate to have RL as coach.

Lance or James??

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: This, however, you must realise is my pissed off, knee jerk reaction to the news :wink:

What you, knee jerk reaction, why, I never would have thought!

8-)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote: This, however, you must realise is my pissed off, knee jerk reaction to the news :wink:

What you, knee jerk reaction, why, I never would have thought!

8-)
:P :P :P

Lance or James??