Paul Cahill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Paul Cahill

This guy never seems to get discussed on this forum. Can anyone tell me anything about him? hes 19 and 193 cm. Thats about all i know. Seems to be similar build to Tom Lynch but a little behind in his development? but maybe he was injured or something last year?

Any info will do. Is he a prospect? And how far off?

saintlee
Club Player

Pretty sure he had an ankle injury for much of last year....thats all I can recall.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

can play football......a forward....just needs a bit of luck with injuries ......plus a good pre season wouldn't go astray either....nice style of bloke from a good sporting family...was a tennis coach once too.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Quixote
SS Life Member

From memory, played FF in underage. Very quick off the mark - lead from the square and mark style forward.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:From memory, played FF in underage. Very quick off the mark - lead from the square and mark style forward.
yes...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:can play football......a forward....just needs a bit of luck with injuries ......plus a good pre season wouldn't go astray either....nice style of bloke from a good sporting family...was a tennis coach once too.....
not related to darren is he? sounds like he might be ok.
just notice he never gets a mention on saintsational. but i guess after 1 injury interruped preseason he seems to be not front of mind.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:can play football......a forward....just needs a bit of luck with injuries ......plus a good pre season wouldn't go astray either....nice style of bloke from a good sporting family...was a tennis coach once too.....
not related to darren is he? sounds like he might be ok.
just notice he never gets a mention on saintsational. but i guess after 1 injury interruped preseason he seems to be not front of mind.

i think all those sth aussie cahills are related somewhere along the line....i remember reading that someone's great grand father had thirteen children or something like that.....stands to reason.....

Saintersss
Club Player

I thought he was a decent prospect when we drafted him, but he played sandy reserves the whole year, so he is still a fair way off.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Apparently a good beat boxer!

Remember seeing him playing underage....like stated, a forward.

Might need a few years to develop.....Just like most.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Apparently a good beat boxer!

yep...he is talented enough to keep the boys entertained...or so i hear.....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
i think all those sth aussie cahills are related somewhere along the line....i remember reading that someone's great grand father had thirteen children or something like that.....stands to reason.....
great grandpa cahill sired half of adelaide

Bardon Saint
Club Player

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Paul Cahill

Con Gorozidis wrote:This guy never seems to get discussed on this forum. Can anyone tell me anything about him? hes 19 and 193 cm. Thats about all i know. Seems to be similar build to Tom Lynch but a little behind in his development? but maybe he was injured or something last year?

Any info will do. Is he a prospect? And how far off?
He was a late draft pick (in the 70's?) so not the same expectation as there is for Tom Lynch. If we get anything out of him it would be a bonus.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

not exactly setting the world on fire in those videos...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:I thought he was a decent prospect when we drafted him, but he played sandy reserves the whole year, so he is still a fair way off.
Agree, I reckon he'll play zero games for us.

zebraman
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Saintersss wrote:I thought he was a decent prospect when we drafted him, but he played sandy reserves the whole year, so he is still a fair way off.
I saw him play most games last year...he's a long way off...most probably struggle to get a game in Sandy seniors...love to be proved wrong though

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
not exactly setting the world on fire in those videos...
I agree and hate to be pesimistic but agree with the other poster who said he'll play zero senior games with the Saints. Walsh will be ahead of him for a FF spot/pocket before the end of 2010 I reckon.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
I saw him play most games last year...he's a long way off...most probably struggle to get a game in Sandy seniors...love to be proved wrong though
zebraman i know u get asked this all the time. but i do value your opinion. which of the young kids do u reckon have the most realistic chance of having an impact at afl level and maybe playing 100 + games ?

i think i recall from last year you were a big wrap for geary saying he looked a class above VFL level most of time he spent there?

anyone else show a bit more than the average hopeful?

zebraman
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
zebraman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
zebraman i know u get asked this all the time. but i do value your opinion. which of the young kids do u reckon have the most realistic chance of having an impact at afl level and maybe playing 100 + games ?

i think i recall from last year you were a big wrap for geary saying he looked a class above VFL level most of time he spent there?

Rhys Stanley stands out...tall...and very agile for his height...plus quick...given the chance I think he'll shine...

Jack Steven...already had a taste of senior football and looked completely at ease...

Due to the strength of St Kilda's list it's hard seeing others...i.e Lynch, Miles,Smith,Simpkin getting a game for a while...I'm not sure about Lynch yet...he showed a bit...but I thought he would have shown a bit more being the #1 pick in 2008...

And there are the newcomers from last years draft...obviously too early to form an opinion...although the hype surrounding Tommy Walsh would indicate he's something special..

as a footnote...Khan Haretuku from last years list has signed with Frankston VFL....and I'm pretty sure Brad Howard has signed with Sandy

Milton66
SS Life Member

Thanks for the heads up Zebman. Have you been to training yet?

I'll be following Sandy a bit closer this year. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintly
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
zebraman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Rhys Stanley stands out...tall...and very agile for his height...plus quick...given the chance I think he'll shine...

Jack Steven...already had a taste of senior football and looked completely at ease...

Due to the strength of St Kilda's list it's hard seeing others...i.e Lynch, Miles,Smith,Simpkin getting a game for a while...I'm not sure about Lynch yet...he showed a bit...but I thought he would have shown a bit more being the #1 pick in 2008...

And there are the newcomers from last years draft...obviously too early to form an opinion...although the hype surrounding Tommy Walsh would indicate he's something special..

as a footnote...Khan Haretuku from last years list has signed with Frankston VFL....and I'm pretty sure Brad Howard has signed with Sandy
hi zebraman, i know thatSandy had some concerns with the saints last year for eg nthere was no training with the saints one day a week like they had with melbourne. do you know if things have changed?

zebraman
Club Player

saintly wrote:
zebraman wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
zebraman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

hi zebraman, i know thatSandy had some concerns with the saints last year for eg nthere was no training with the saints one day a week like they had with melbourne. do you know if things have changed?
As far as I'm aware nothing has changed... I do find that a bit odd...meeting up once a week on match day...but apparently that's how Ross Lyons wants it so it won't change

zebraman
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:Thanks for the heads up Zebman. Have you been to training yet?

Been once just before Xmas...pop in and say hello at Sandy...I'm on the scoreboard trying to be as accurate as possible

Huzzad
Club Player

I did a little bit ofa bio here http://www.gracesound.net/wikisaints/in ... aul_Cahill

not sure if that answers heaps of your question, but might prove handy :) Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing him, hopefully in the nab cup.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Thanks for the heads up Zebman. Have you been to training yet?

thanks. ive just moved to elwood so i reckon ill be able to get down to sandy a fair bit this year.