Supercoach bargains - Herald sun

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Supercoach bargains - Herald sun

Matt Maguire - Brisbane.....been good in two Pre-Season Games
Luke Ball - averaging 120 points.....collingwoods best in the pre season

now we just need Jasper McMillan-Pittard to blossom

or

Jason Tutt....or worse still - Xavier Clarke

unfortunately not a mention

A.Lovett :wink:
A.Pattison :lol:

Should I let it go......not yet

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Supercoach bargains - Herald sun

BigMart wrote:

Should I let it go......not yet
Or you'll go blind ?? :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

if that were true i'd already have a labrador

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think I know how Ball will go this year.

Goose I will be very interested to watch if he plays senior fooball. Glad that he will get his 100th..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Maguire will never be a good supercoach player IMO, will average 50 IMHO. I wish him all the best but he will be behind Merret and Patful who are both superior players, also two of the only blokes in the league he matches up well against just so happen to be in the same side in Fev and Brown.

Pittard and Tutt are irrellevent because we'll never know if we would have taken them and we'll never know how they would have developed with us.

All the best to Xavier, hope he has a good year.

Ball will not average 120 in the season proper, will averages around 80 IMO.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
StNoodles
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Maguire will never be a good supercoach player IMO, will average 50 IMHO. I wish him all the best but he will be behind Merret and Patful who are both superior players, also two of the only blokes in the league he matches up well against just so happen to be in the same side in Fev and Brown.

Pittard and Tutt are irrellevent because we'll never know if we would have taken them and we'll never know how they would have developed with us.

Averaged more than that with 50% game time in 2009.

100+ imo

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

StNoodles wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Maguire will never be a good supercoach player IMO, will average 50 IMHO. I wish him all the best but he will be behind Merret and Patful who are both superior players, also two of the only blokes in the league he matches up well against just so happen to be in the same side in Fev and Brown.

Averaged more than that with 50% game time in 2009.

100+ imo
Agree, must have I reckon even if he is a little traitor. Will score well early until old age catches up with him about mid year

Bring back the Lockett era
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I just love this one from

http://www.superroach.net/

Look for the PDF link to TOP TEN DUD PICKS For SuperCoach (on your left)!!!
1. Luke Ball PIES 457,100 MID
Luke Ball would have to be the meaning of Supercoach HYPE players. Ball has not played a full
season since 2005 and whilst he seems to find ways to get himself injured, has never really
possessed the ability to take a game apart and score the 150’s that he should be at this stage of his
career. Luke is just a good average player and his average of just under 100 since 2005 reflects this.
He will score his hundreds now and then but never earn massive scores mainly because he just isn’t
effective enough when he gets the ball. He makes mistakes with his disposal and can barley kick over
35m and in Supercoach, all these attributes are vital for consistent big scores. If you want someone
who will score consistent 90-100 point then Ball is your man but don’t expect the big scores with this
guy, he just doesn’t have Supercoach A grade player status in him.
Now the Roach knows listing some of these players is controversial and many coaches currently have
these guys in their team. The Roach is however all for risks and to win Supercoach you do need to
take risks at some stage. So by all means pick some of the players I have listed but be aware some
may be champs but most will let you down it’s in their nature.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
DJKCR
Club Player

You are right Matt Maguire will never score heaps in supercoach but at his price (not too sure) around $150,000 his price will rise and I can't see too many people around his price range that will more than likely get game time. If you do know someone around his price in the backline could you throw me a bone and I will swap him out. At the moment I am pretty happy having him there on the bench and hopefully swapping him out with someone later on in the year as hopefully his price jumps a bit with some footy under his belt

"I don't roll on Shabbas" Walter Sobchak
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I have both in my starting team and I'll explain why:

1. Luke Ball is the 3rd highest-averaging midfielder in the pre-season with scores 85, 132, 144. Don't confuse Supercoach scores with actual ability.

2. You won't want Maguire in your final team but at $114k he is underpriced by about 250 thou. It's called a cash cow.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:I have both in my starting team and I'll explain why:

1. Luke Ball is the 3rd highest-averaging midfielder in the pre-season with scores 85, 132, 144. Don't confuse Supercoach scores with actual ability.

2. You won't want Maguire in your final team but at $114k he is underpriced by about 250 thou. It's called a cash cow.
Well, nice to see that you have change your original message that stated that SuperRoach was wrong...

Everything he stated about Luke Ball is based on FACT in the home and away season, and not the crap pre season comp.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Ball has teased us before in preseason. He was our equal second-best scorer in preseason last year, which had a lot of people around here excited about him. The major difference between his scores this year and last are the goals he kicked against Port. If he can keep scoring goals, that would be a big improvement.

He might wind up being a bargain, but I'm steering clear. I don't trust him to stay healthy. I don't trust him to keep kicking goals. I'm not certain he isn't this season's Daniel Wells Memorial Award winner for biggest preseason tease. Actually, Brent Stanton had another monster preseason game last weekend, so Bally's probably safe there.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Saintsfan
Club Player

I am going to proudly go to the Gabba and barrack for Goose as to me he is still one of us. I do not support the clubs decision in letting him go especially considering he is back to playing football now and also the way in which Zac Dawson was molested by Barry Hall.

He is a big body. When he gives body contact it is solid and forceful. He flies the flag and low and behold, he is back playing in the big time (I know its just pre-season games but he has to start somewhere)

The Gooseman cometh

The Saintsfan Cometh
rexy
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:I am going to proudly go to the Gabba and barrack for Goose as to me he is still one of us. I do not support the clubs decision in letting him go especially considering he is back to playing football now and also the way in which Zac Dawson was molested by Barry Hall.

He is a big body. When he gives body contact it is solid and forceful. He flies the flag and low and behold, he is back playing in the big time (I know its just pre-season games but he has to start somewhere)

The Gooseman cometh
Pretty much agree with all of that, Was it a money thing that saw us let him go? Seems like a weird decision to me. Maybe just had to let him go so he could garauntee senior selection? I dont know but I would have preferred he stay.

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:I am going to proudly go to the Gabba and barrack for Goose as to me he is still one of us. I do not support the clubs decision in letting him go especially considering he is back to playing football now and also the way in which Zac Dawson was molested by Barry Hall.

The Gooseman cometh
Pretty much agree with all of that, Was it a money thing that saw us let him go? Seems like a weird decision to me. Maybe just had to let him go so he could garauntee senior selection? I dont know but I would have preferred he stay.
Why was it a weird decision. He didnt play a game last year and was fit for most of the year. Seems a pretty normal decision for a 26 year old.

Saintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
rexy wrote:

The Gooseman cometh
Why was it a weird decision. He didnt play a game last year and was fit for most of the year. Seems a pretty normal decision for a 26 year old.
Taking all emotion out of it it seems like the normal thing to do. I do not classify it as weird either. Dissapointing yes but not weird.

I for one believe that this decision could come back and bite as on the bottom much more so in comparison to Luke Ball/Andrew Lovett et al.

The Saintsfan Cometh
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

St Fidelius wrote:Well, nice to see that you have change your original message that stated that SuperRoach was wrong...

Everything he stated about Luke Ball is based on FACT in the home and away season, and not the crap pre season comp.
Yes, I removed the Roach reference from my post after I realised he was only wrong on one count, and not two.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Well, nice to see that you have change your original message that stated that SuperRoach was wrong...

Yes, I removed the Roach reference from my post after I realised he was only wrong on one count, and not two.
So please tell me on just what count he (or the site) was wrong on???

Was it this........

he just isn’t effective enough when he gets the ball. He makes mistakes with his disposal and can barley kick over
35m and in Supercoach, all these attributes are vital for consistent big scores.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

lol @ InkerSaint......

Luke Ball managed to make #2 in the duds of the week.

Luke Ball
SuperCoach - Points 47

Has missed the Roach microsocpe this season but has finally made it. The Roach isn't a fan of this pre season hype machine and for those who picked him you were warned. Frustrating a heap of teams with low scores, Ball may not be in Collingwood's best 22 by mid season.

Tell me InkerSaint, do you still have him in your side, and what is your team name?

Saintsfan
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:lol @ InkerSaint......

Luke Ball
SuperCoach - Points 47

Has missed the Roach microsocpe this season but has finally made it. The Roach isn't a fan of this pre season hype machine and for those who picked him you were warned. Frustrating a heap of teams with low scores, Ball may not be in Collingwood's best 22 by mid season.

Tell me InkerSaint, do you still have him in your side, and what is your team name?
Last edited by Saintsfan on Wed 21 Apr 2010 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsfan Cometh
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote: Bit aggressive aren't we? It takes a big man to find a thread from a month ago to prove a point nobody cares about
Do you think my post was aggressive??

I would think you post towards me was more so.

Just who are you to suggest that nobody cares about this thread??

There are a few posters on here that are registered in SuperCoach and I was stating that Ball has far too many clanger disposals to be considered.

If you don't care about it, why bother making a post in this thread to start with :idea: :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not sure I want to own up to who I am in the SS supercoach team, not going too well :oops: :wink:

Saintsfan
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Saintsfan wrote: Bit aggressive aren't we? It takes a big man to find a thread from a month ago to prove a point nobody cares about

There are a few posters on here that are registered in SuperCoach and I was stating that Ball has far too many clanger disposals to be considered.

If you don't care about it, why bother making a post in this thread to start with :idea: :roll:
Last edited by Saintsfan on Wed 21 Apr 2010 7:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saintsfan Cometh
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Yes it was aggressive and your aggressiveness at posters has been a reason for them driving away from this forum. Someone had to say it. So kudos to you.
Big call...

Just name a poster that has been driven away by my post??

My post was not aggressive and in this thread alone you have made accusations against me that are unfounded.

Clue, how about you stop being personal to start with :idea:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:lol @ InkerSaint......

Luke Ball
SuperCoach - Points 47

I hope for your sake you are winning the competition otherwise it is pot kettle black and Mr Hindsight all in one. LOL what ever that means.