Nick out for 16 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Isn't this the same doctor who claimed that it was ripped off the bone? :lol:

Seriously though, Dr Peter Larkin is a fantastic doctor and I am not questioning his credibility. However, no matter how friendly he is with Roo's surgeon, there is such a thing as 'doctor/patient confidentiality' and Larkin would have as much detail about Roo's injury as we do. He is just making guestimations based on the little evidence available to all of us at this time.

To be honest, Roo could be out for 6 weeks or he could be out for 20! No one is going to know until there is some idea of how well it is healing (Roos surgeon included). This is only going to be known over the next 2-4 weeks as it does start to heal.

One thing I am sure of, Roo will not be back until they are absolutely sure he is right to go. There will be know risk taking with this one.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Any Doctor who has time to whack out 300 words for the Hun, lurk around Channel 9, and do radio on the weekends mustn't have much of a queue down outside his surgery door...

And to whoever above referred to Larkins as 'the most respected sports journo out there' has spoken volumes about the good Doctor's medical prowess you'd reckon...
Arent you in Queensland? very respected doctor and just about impossible to see him. I tried once with an injury my daughter had and even know another doctoe in that practice. There is a huge wait to see him.

ace
Saintsational Legend

16 weeks, it is only an estimate to give some idea of the length.
He is saying Riewoldt wont be back in 2 weeks or 10 weeks but probably will get to play in the finals.

As an estimate it, I bet it is closer to true cost for a school canteen the size of a single garage. Gillard paid $600,000, but then she is a dog

supporter.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:Any Doctor who has time to whack out 300 words for the Hun, lurk around Channel 9, and do radio on the weekends mustn't have much of a queue down outside his surgery door...

And to whoever above referred to Larkins as 'the most respected sports journo out there' has spoken volumes about the good Doctor's medical prowess you'd reckon...
Arent you in Queensland? very respected doctor and just about impossible to see him. I tried once with an injury my daughter had and even know another doctoe in that practice. There is a huge wait to see him.
For an interview you mean?

I was taking the piss, Plugger.

Fact is no one but the sweet lord above should you believe in him knows when Roo's going to play next. Not even the good celebrity quack.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

For an interview you mean?

I was taking the piss, Plugger.

Fact is no one but the sweet lord above should you believe in him knows when Roo's going to play next. Not even the good celebrity quack.

Of course no one knows when Rooy will play except me of course but Larkins job is to give an opinion at least based on his experiences which means he should be fairly close. He gave a pretty big range. The paper chose the headline not the good doctor.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to make a big call here, butI reckon Roo will be back sooner than most people think.
Just knowing who he is and how determined he will be to get back, just got a feeling his recovery will surprise some of the experts? in the media.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pretty knowledgeable doctor (esp with sport injuries) he is in the media due to his rep....

its a 10cm tear in the tendon....from that he could easily estimate a time frame for recovery...

I know it is worse than first thought..

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pretty knowledgeable doctor (esp with sport injuries) he is in the media due to his rep....

its a 10cm tear in the tendon....from that he could easily estimate a time frame for recovery...

I know it is worse than first thought..

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I had a chat to the Doc at pizza joint a few years back.....seemed a decent honest person.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ection=all

Surgery to repair Nick Riewoldt's injured hamstring has gone to plan, but the St Kilda skipper may not be back until after the split round in June.

Riewoldt has been discharged from a Melbourne hospital following the operation to fix a damaged tendon in his right hamstring.

oakleighboy
Club Player

Get a grip on it people.
No one on this site knows when he will be back.
Comparing Fishers time out to Roos is just plain dumb.
Only Roo and the surgeons know the truth.
If he is back this year then thats great.
Not a damn thing anyone on here can do.
Pipe dreams of eight, ten weeks are pie in the sky stuff.
You are not medicos.
Post only when we know the facts and until them stop wasting internet space.
Harsh word but we all need to get a grip on reality.

If he does come back this year he will be so underdone, lack fitness, pace, leg strength, reduce explosive pace.
It takes a long time to rebuild that.
Chow for now

sainterinsydney
Club Player

At least he didn't do his ACL. I think we will see him back earlier rather than later. Nick is a superman.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:Get a grip on it people.
No one on this site knows when he will be back.
Comparing Fishers time out to Roos is just plain dumb.
Only Roo and the surgeons know the truth.
If he is back this year then thats great.
Not a damn thing anyone on here can do.
Pipe dreams of eight, ten weeks are pie in the sky stuff.
You are not medicos.
Post only when we know the facts and until them stop wasting internet space.
Harsh word but we all need to get a grip on reality.

If he does come back this year he will be so underdone, lack fitness, pace, leg strength, reduce explosive pace.
It takes a long time to rebuild that.
Chow for now
Amen, brother.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SirDog
Club Player

I'll wait for the official word on Roo.

St.Kilda fan - through and through.