Saints Central - Closed down ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Saints Central - Closed down ?

Would appear that the Club may have closed this site down.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Seems that way, I didn't go there because I couldn't watch the video's anyway.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's a blow, but I'm sure I'll get over it once I've had time to grieve and come to terms with my loss.

(2 seconds later). I'm over it. :D

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
markp
Saintsational Legend

As long as they keep the Saints facebook page up....

Solar
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:As long as they keep the Saints facebook page up....
agreed, allows two important public services. Releases information quickly to those that would like to know and allows raph haters and idiots to pollute other places.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Seems that way, I didn't go there because I couldn't watch the video's anyway.

same here...they just wouldn't load......no matter what i did....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:As long as they keep the Saints facebook page up....
I reckon the Facebook page was getting a million more hits than Saints Central..and was updated way more often

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fingers
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi
Club Player

Saints Central closed down largely due to a number of formal complaints about total lack of moderation after some very unsavoury and personal attacks by one poster in particular.
I can tell you with certainty that this is the case because unfortunately, as a regular user of the site my name was dragged into the thread in question.
As well as very deragatory and slanderous comments there was atrocious language and content detrimental to the club.
Now, everyone doesn't have to like me, or even agree with me, but I think I can honestly say that I have never done or posted anything that deserves the attacks on that forum. And I was just one victim of many.

The mods on here sometimes get a hard time from some, but let me tell you, they do a wonderful job, and I for one thank them.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Saints Central closed down largely due to a number of formal complaints about total lack of moderation after some very unsavoury and personal attacks by one poster in particular.
I can tell you with certainty that this is the case because unfortunately, as a regular user of the site my name was dragged into the thread in question.
As well as very deragatory and slanderous comments there was atrocious language and content detrimental to the club.
Now, everyone doesn't have to like me, or even agree with me, but I think I can honestly say that I have never done or posted anything that deserves the attacks on that forum. And I was just one victim of many.

The mods on here sometimes get a hard time from some, but let me tell you, they do a wonderful job, and I for one thank them.
So how is Facebook different?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

So we blew our $50,000 grant on a website the fans didn't want, the club failed to utilize properly and never delivered anything like what it promised?

Still, it helped keep Nick Riewoldt at the club, and that - seriously - made it a worthwhile investment.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

That's a shame Saint Debi, I didn't even know it had forum type facilities on that site?

I used to go because I'd want to watch the videos, but as I mentioned, I could never get them to even load.

I remember a couple of times they had a live chat with a couple of Saints, that was probably the best thing they ever attemped on there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:Saints Central closed down largely due to a number of formal complaints about total lack of moderation after some very unsavoury and personal attacks by one poster in particular.

i'm guessing the club would be held accountable only for what it posts officially, not the garbage spewed out by other facebook users. but that is just a guess.

St Michele
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

i'm guessing the club would be held accountable only for what it posts officially, not the garbage spewed out by other facebook users. but that is just a guess.

The best part about facebook s they can delete anything they don;t want on ther plus they can block someone from postings if need be and the rest of us sane supporters can also report anyone who says anything really bad and get them taken off. Saying that you owuld assume that Saints Central had the same capabilities but???

Can you tell I am a Facebook fan :-) love having the power to report disgusting comments made ( not only about football)

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Saint Central did'nt last long did it.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Still, it helped keep Nick Riewoldt at the club, and that - seriously - made it a worthwhile investment.
In the end, thats all that matters. 100%.

He is the best player in the competition.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
evertonfc wrote: Still, it helped keep Nick Riewoldt at the club, and that - seriously - made it a worthwhile investment.
In the end, thats all that matters. 100%.

He is the best player in the competition.
How did it keep him?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Might be a long bow, but I wonder if the person you refer to was the same one who was reported to both Facebook and the Club for spewing out the most misogynst, racist, sexist drivel you could ever imagine on numerous Andrew Lovett topics during the Pre-season?

The saddest part was discovering after clicking on his name that he was a 50-something member of our Cheer Squad :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintDebi
Club Player

saint66au wrote:

Might be a long bow, but I wonder if the person you refer to was the same one who was reported to both Facebook and the Club for spewing out the most misogynst, racist, sexist drivel you could ever imagine on numerous Andrew Lovett topics during the Pre-season?

The saddest part was discovering after clicking on his name that he was a 50-something member of our Cheer Squad :roll:
Not sure, but could be. "misogynist, racist and sexist" definitely describes him to a tee.
I don't know about the cheer squad, but this guy was claiming to be an ex saints player, which I think regardless of whether it was true or not did not reflect well on the club.
I think there were already plans afoot to close Saints Central down, but the recent posts by this person certainly hastened the process.

I know there has been reason to lock threads on here before, but I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen anything on Saintsational that comes
even remotely close to the venomous language and abuse by this person on SC. I know that's a big call, but I'm serious. Not even close.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Huzzad
Club Player

Most of the decent users of that site are now on True Sainters, which was bascially set up because SC was just out of control. A nice place while it lasted, but without mods, eventually the evil ones crept in and ruined it for everyone.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="SainterK"]That's a shame Saint Debi, I didn't even know it had forum type facilities on that site?

/quote]

me either

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.