Where the heck is Dempster?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

This is certainly a great mystery. Frankly our depth is not good at present and Dempster could be ok. But the point is - he hasn't played now for 8 weeks. Perhaps ... and this is just conjecture, he could be battling some mental issues (depression?) or personal issues that the club is trying to keep private??

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Newman wrote:This is certainly a great mystery. Frankly our depth is not good at present and Dempster could be ok. But the point is - he hasn't played now for 8 weeks. Perhaps ... and this is just conjecture, he could be battling some mental issues (depression?) or personal issues that the club is trying to keep private??
No. Pretty sure it was a lower leg (achilles) injury. Being seen in a moon boot is probably a better indicator of injury status than the meaningless injury list released to the media by the club.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He still exists, this was at training about 8 weeks ago

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Hes on NASA's space program. Was last seen in a moon-boot. Not been seen since and has been involved in "testing".

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Tis a mystery.

Only two players who played in last year's Grand Final haven't played since, the other is Tom Harley.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

dcstkfc wrote:Tis a mystery.

Only two players who played in last year's Grand Final haven't played since, the other is Tom Harley.
that is a very unusual stat to have come up with - good get!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Question: Which one of these guys will be found first?

ImageImage

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:can you find him here?
Video
http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/vi ... fault.aspx
Not in a million years with AFL Crap Video that won't load.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Video
worked fine on my systems ........ 8-)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
santazzi
Club Player

I can no longer bear the agony being experienced by my beloved fellow SS addicts concerning the mysterious disappearance of some of the boys on our list.......I have stumbled upon the facts of their where abouts, but maintained my silence so as to not give our opposition our secrete........Now the mentalhealth of forumites over rides the need for secrecy........

Here is the truth....some of the missing are in the Bronx New York....mastering the art of on field brawl ......the rest are in Japan exploring the way of the Ninja..........now that you have the facts......stop worrying.......

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Video
worked fine on my systems ........ 8-)
Tells me to download Microsoft Silverlight. I will never in a million years infect my Mac with Microsoft anything.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I knew he was a Ninja!

He is actually hiding in ten different places on this page.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Newman
Club Player

Just heard Ross Lyon's mid week press conference. Now if only one of the reporters asked ..... "So Ross, what's happening with Sean Dempster?" This is crazy that we can't get an answer. And why hasn't the press picked up on it? Perhaps we can invent a new Aussie phrase ... eg Dad: "Has anyone seen my car keys?"
Kid: "Maybe they're 'doing a dempster'!

saintnick12
Club Player

Spotted him in his suit at a Saints game a few weeks ago. Maybe the Freo game, but not sure. The moon boot was gone and he wasn't limping. Was walking to his seat in the social club with Lynch. But haven't spotted him since. Has he been on the list for guest players in the social club any of the weeks? I'm sure I saw his name listed one of the weeks, but these days we never stay long enough for the players. It certainly is a mystery.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Newman wrote:Just heard Ross Lyon's mid week press conference. Now if only one of the reporters asked ..... "So Ross, what's happening with Sean Dempster?" This is crazy that we can't get an answer. And why hasn't the press picked up on it? Perhaps we can invent a new Aussie phrase ... eg Dad: "Has anyone seen my car keys?"
The media are mainly made up of popularist dumb arses that are only interested in entertaining those half pissed/totally pissed that don't really care about everything footy wise.

They only like to highlight the big name players/big stories, and in the case of SEN crap on about stupid things like "Who would you trade for if there was mid season draft" baloney.

They don't like spending time talking about real issues, apart from the weekend/Friday nights for some reason.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Word is he signed for GC17 for 2 mill a year.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Newman wrote:Just heard Ross Lyon's mid week press conference. Now if only one of the reporters asked ..... "So Ross, what's happening with Sean Dempster?" This is crazy that we can't get an answer. And why hasn't the press picked up on it? Perhaps we can invent a new Aussie phrase ... eg Dad: "Has anyone seen my car keys?"
The media are mainly made up of popularist dumb arses that are only interested in entertaining those half pissed/totally pissed that don't really care about everything footy wise.

They only like to highlight the big name players/big stories, and in the case of SEN crap on about stupid things like "Who would you trade for if there was mid season draft" baloney.

They don't like spending time talking about real issues, apart from the weekend/Friday nights for some reason.
Why would anyone who probably gets to ask one or two questions even bother about asking where Dempster is. If you are calling that a real issue then I am completely lost for words.

As for your comment about SEN talking about who you would get in a mid season draft well this may amaze you but SEN is 24 hours of sport, that topic went for half an hour, big friggin deal.

And how dare the media talk about popular things. Surely there job is to turn off veiwers and listeners.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

According to injuryupdate.com.au Sean Dempster has achilles tendonitis and is out indefinitely.

Nick Winmar has that rare condition "diagnosis unknown" and is also out indefinitely.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:According to injuryupdate.com.au Sean Dempster has achilles tendonitis and is out indefinitely.

Nick Winmar has that rare condition "diagnosis unknown" and is also out indefinitely.
And Lovett has the little known injury "suspension" update "Has been delisted"

LOL

ace
Saintsational Legend

Apparently the negotiations with the aliens for the return of Dempster have broken down.
The aliens are concerned that Kevin Rudd will impose a super profits tax on their ransom money.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Huzzad
Club Player

One theory (not mine, someone else on True Sainters) suggests:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/truesainters ... wtopic=990

As a keen football follower I was listening to SEN after the whole Fremantle player incident on the weekend to see how they would react to the situation, and to find out whatever I could about the whole incident.
As a result of the drug-related incident SEN had Andrew Demetrio on in an interview and were discussing the whole drug policy and 3 strike penalty that the AFL has. Kevin Bartlett then discussed with his guest (cant remember who it was) the 3 strike penalty and then what they discovered a loop-hole in the 3 strikes.

Everyone knows that a player can have 2 strikes and then on the 3rd strike they get named and shamed. We also know there is at least 14 players on 2 strikes that are on AFL lists at the moment.
What Kevin Bartlett and everyone didn’t know, and Andrew Demetrio said was that a player that is on 2 strikes can actually go to the AFL before getting getting a 3rd strike and say that they’ve entered a drug rehab program of their own free will. If they then test positive during this time it doesn’t count towards his 3rd strike. In affect they really can have 4 strikes before being named.

When a player is in rehab they CANNOT play AFL football at ANY LEVEL at all. The club doctor will be informed and only the player, club doctor and certain AFL officials will have any knowledge of why the player cannot play football during his rehab period. Not even the club CEO, president or coach will have knowledge of why the certain player cannot be picked to play.

If we look at some facts about Sean Dempster and after hearing this interview and discussions I believe there seems to be a few dots that can be connected.

• He is not playing football at any level and hasn’t done so all year
• Has not been named on any injury list all year
• Club not informing anyone of why he isn’t playing

Im not saying this is what has happened at all, as its just my personal take on the situation that nobody knows where he is and the fact the rules about the drug policy seems to line up with what appears to be happening. It seems to answer a fair few questions that we never seem to have gotten fromt he club. I have absolutely no proof at all in what I have said. I pray to god that im completely off the mark in this, but also if somehow its true im sure everyone wishes him all the best in his recovery.
But it's just a theory. However, given what someone said about a certain player at Sydney refusing to divulge medical information, that could be a possibility.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:Dont Really Care, i wouldn't be surprised if he was let go at the end of this season.
+1

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Can't help but wonder if he has had some sort of falling out with the club.

On the WOM site, it says - Sean Dempster achilles tendonitis Rnd 4 Indefinite. At the beginning of the week it said diagnosis unknown back rnd 9. A few weeks ago it said quad. I'm not convinced he injured himself in rnd 4, as far as I know he hasn't played at all this year.

Anyway I am down in Melb next weekend, will be asking every single person I meet from the club. But if its top secret, I probably won't know any more than I do now.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saint4Eva
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Can't help but wonder if he has had some sort of falling out with the club.

On the WOM site, it says - Sean Dempster achilles tendonitis Rnd 4 Indefinite. At the beginning of the week it said diagnosis unknown back rnd 9. A few weeks ago it said quad. I'm not convinced he injured himself in rnd 4, as far as I know he hasn't played at all this year.

Anyway I am down in Melb next weekend, will be asking every single person I meet from the club. But if its top secret, I probably won't know any more than I do now.
I think you may be on the money Saint Bev, If he was just injured surely they would tell us or tell the AFL so we could elevate a rookie in his place. It could be a number of reasons not just a falling out. Maybe personal reasons and doesnt want the footy world to know. Oh or maybe he is the AFL player that is going to come out?!?!