Petition: No Clash Strip For Home Games (please sign!)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

St Michele wrote:While I agree in principle with thid I must say it makes it so much easier to see who is who on TV especially in the Essendon game. I wonder if it helps the boys out there too as it is such a contrast.
+1.

Seriously, is this our biggest issue at the moment? I'd rather we put our energy into finding some form on the park ... At least by wearing our white-based strip there was a clear dilineation between the sides. IMO a sensible move by the AFL, at least until they can put enough pressure on Essendon to have a light clash strip.

Collingwood's white-based strip is fine when they play us; no issue there.

Huzzad
Club Player

St DAC wrote:
St Michele wrote:While I agree in principle with thid I must say it makes it so much easier to see who is who on TV especially in the Essendon game. I wonder if it helps the boys out there too as it is such a contrast.
+1.

Seriously, is this our biggest issue at the moment? I'd rather we put our energy into finding some form on the park ... At least by wearing our white-based strip there was a clear dilineation between the sides. IMO a sensible move by the AFL, at least until they can put enough pressure on Essendon to have a light clash strip.

Collingwood's white-based strip is fine when they play us; no issue there.
Well I can't help with form on the park, but I can help with petitions. Feedback is one thing that we can provide and as supporters, well, we are entitled to provide feedback. In fact, the club asks for it.

If I could pull a magic lever and put some form on the park, I would, but all I can do now is this :? Still, I'm glad we weren't turning the ball over due to a clash of colours, but I still do not think it is fair that we have to design a white strip and they don't...

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Huzzad
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
Kate wrote:The problem is clearly with Essendon's away strip. All the AFL has to do is apply the same rules to them as any other club - easy.
Essendon can't change their jumper. It's in their consititution. So I say boot them out of the comp until such a point as they can hold a referrendum. That seems fair.
The AFL actually superseeds the Essendon constitution. In fact, the AFL forced Essendon against it's will to design that so-called clash. I think Essendon just designed a dodgy clash out of contempt. But the rules state that a club's constituion is SUBJECT to the AFL, not the other way around.

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Huzzad
Club Player

sendmehomehappy wrote:Given the rules of the AFL, we, the undersigned, find it negligible towards the proud and long history of the St Kilda Football Club and to its past, present and future members to wear a clash guernsey at a game in which St Kilda is the home team.

This is not a negligible matter.....I think you meant to say negligent
I did. Thanks for pointing that out. Will edit it :)

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:39am, edited 1 time in total.

Skildir
Club Player

89th.

It's ludicrous that the AFL considers itself a professional sporting body yet has glaring inconsistencies that favour certain clubs over others.

I'd rather we forfeit home games against the Bombers than wear a clash strip at our home game if it comes down to that.

I doubt it affects the players' performance but I bet they don't like the fact they get told to wear an clash strip at a home game. I saw Glenn Archer talking about the issue once on Footy Classified in relation to North Melbourne and he said he hated wearing a clash strip at any time let alone a home game.

As for Essendon's 'constitution', it's not the bloody Magna Carta we're talking about, it's a list of rules for a football club and it can be amended.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

90th

starsign
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:The point is that Essendon should be made to wear a proper clash strip when their colours clash with the home team -predominately white as most other teams do.

maybe thats the root of the problem and they should be able to come up with a non clash strip of whatever their pleasing without WHITE when playing us .... because logically in their case it makes them R, W & B a full on tri-colour clash whatever the design

shorts can't be lightly ignored either and if they wore a predominately red strip including red shorts with a black sash on their jumper in reverse their wouldn't be a problem even if we wore white or black shorts ourselves

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

97TH

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

I'm number 98.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Unless this gets better publicity there is no way the Saints are going to change what they are doing at the moment. We have .25% of members signing the petition. It would need many more than a thousand before the club looks at alternatives.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote: Constitution or not.

............These days the AFL can change the result of a game days after it has finished. They can set up teams on the Gold Coast & in Western Sydney and allow them to pay recruits $2 mill per year. They can get champion Rugby League players to switch codes. They can tell teams where they will play and when they will plaY..........
Give priority Rookie Draft picks to interstate clubs, allow some clubs additional salary cap $, handouts to struggling clubs under the CBF, have rigged draws...... :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Saints7
Club Player

so would you rather tell the teams apart - or look the same as Essendon? Our clash strip is still a St Kilda strip so who cares....your issue should be with Essendon and do you really think they care about your petition?

Huzzad
Club Player

Saints7 wrote:so would you rather tell the teams apart - or look the same as Essendon? Our clash strip is still a St Kilda strip so who cares....your issue should be with Essendon and do you really think they care about your petition?
No, the petition is for St Kilda because it is St Kilda who decides what to wear. I've already stated this. The petition is to demand St Kilda sticks up for it's right as a club under the AFL's laws, and demand that the AFL enforce it's law and require Essendon design a clash guernsey that does not clash with the 3 other clubs that it is deemed it's colours clash with.

Essendon don't give a rat's tossbag (to borow a phrase) about us Saints supporters. The only people who can get this done is the AFL, and to get to them, we need to demand as supporters that our club take a stronger stance on this and take it to the AFL.

If you'd actually read the petition, I wouldn't have to spell it out for you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

good work guys...looks like you get a win....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... -wv9l.html

It is understood the AFL has pointed out to the club it should be prepared to radically alter its black guernsey with a red sash given its preparedness to do the same for a five-figure community-commercial agreement with the TAC.

The TAC - which sponsors the AFL's under-18 competition and one-off games such as the Bulldogs-Collingwood games which raise money for the Robert Rose Foundation - last sponsored the Bombers in its 2000 premiership season."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:good work guys...looks like you get a win....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... -wv9l.html

It is understood the AFL has pointed out to the club it should be prepared to radically alter its black guernsey with a red sash given its preparedness to do the same for a five-figure community-commercial agreement with the TAC.

The TAC - which sponsors the AFL's under-18 competition and one-off games such as the Bulldogs-Collingwood games which raise money for the Robert Rose Foundation - last sponsored the Bombers in its 2000 premiership season."
Bloody wonderful!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
AlpineStars
Club Player

Wake me up when September ends.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

121, with more tonight

I love this club
ace
Saintsational Legend

Great to see Melbourne stand up to Demetriou blitzkreig and say NO.
NO means NO Demetriou.
It is a Melbourne home game and they are entitled to wear their home strip.
Melbourne refused to wear their clash strip.

The jumper clash that has been caused by Essendon's refusal to create a CLASH strip is obvious.

St Kilda's administration is exposed as wimps and Demetriou's administration is exposed as corrupt for failing to require Essendon to have a CLASH strip.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Great to see Melbourne stand up to Demetriou blitzkreig and say NO.
NO means NO Demetriou.
It is a Melbourne home game and they are entitled to wear their home strip.
Melbourne refused to wear their clash strip.

The jumper clash that has been caused by Essendon's refusal to create a CLASH strip is obvious.

St Kilda's administration is exposed as wimps and Demetriou's administration is exposed as corrupt for failing to require Essendon to have a CLASH strip.
Did the AFL ask them to change it, or did they not see it as a problem so Melbourne just wore their home strip anyway

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor