Post your personal favourites here....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Post your personal favourites here....

Of ignorant calls at football matches.

I'll start off with a perennial chestnut.

"Raph Clarke, you are hopeless, get him off"

Of course this is after bj had handballed to his feet about 20 metres out from goal with three Adelaide forwards around Raph and they scored.

Over to you..............

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I had a family behind me on the weekend that groaned every time that Raph got the ball...the son kept yelling.

"I know Raphs best position Ross, on the bench"

milney044
Club Player

"Man them up" and "kick it long" .. the 3 times on the weekend that we ended up kicking long, the ball was turned over and Adelaide had a fwd 50 entry. My response was "yeah well done, they kicked it long like you said and look what happens" :roll: Some people have no idea that we're setting up and looking for the best option, trying to expose the defense. Just a bit of patience and it usually pays off.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

"You are useless Schneider. USELESS!"

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

"The Pies are going all the way this year!"

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Arguably the funniest thing I have ever heard at the footy (note I said arguably, not necessarily the funniest) is last year when we were smashing Freo, some guy behind me (a freo supporter) said "Come on Freo, another seven quarters and we've got them!"

I also love the sarcastic deliberate call when the ball goes out of bounds about a kilometre away from the person who kicked, handballed it there.

Saints43
Club Player

fingers wrote:"You are useless Schneider. USELESS!"
So you really do sit near me!

35...LEGEND
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:"The Pies are going all the way this year!"

:lol:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:"Man them up" and "kick it long" .. the 3 times on the weekend that we ended up kicking long, the ball was turned over and Adelaide had a fwd 50 entry. My response was "yeah well done, they kicked it long like you said and look what happens" :roll: Some people have no idea that we're setting up and looking for the best option, trying to expose the defense. Just a bit of patience and it usually pays off.
Heard exactly the same thing, and said exactly the same thing as you milney044. "Bomb it" "Bomb it long" and every time it happened we turned it over. You think some people would learn from that dreaded day in Sept last year.

With Raph, I think most people understood that he was given the last option handball and was under extreme pressure, but yes you could still hear people bagging him.

As far as Kosi goes, yes, I did yell. It was the look on his face that got me and my thought was reinforced by GT's comments on Footy Classified. He specifically commented about the look on Kosi's face and that he looked like a player sapped of confidence. I'm sorry I yelled, just got frustrated.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Had a few round for the game Sat night and some idiot screamed "we are F@#ked" just on half time.

Won't be doin that again in a hurry :? ....................I thought my little bro (30yo on Sat and Saint Mad ) was gonna kill me :P

super dooper
Club Player

"Just run at him" - people obviously dont understand the purpose of correlling an opponent.

"Just kick it" - this invariably results in the ball being rebounded twice as fast with the reaction of "Why did you kick it there?"

With my reserved seats this year i have a newbie sitting behind me who carries on like he is Alan Jeans. He is a bandid for the comments above, plus the irritating miss pronounciation of players such as joey and maqualter.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

After we lost to the bummers late last year I heard on the way out that it was 1997 all over again :shock: , not bad after 1 loss at that point

I love this club
fingers
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:"Just kick it" - this invariably results in the ball being rebounded twice as fast with the reaction of "Why did you kick it there?"

With my reserved seats this year i have a newbie sitting behind me who carries on like he is Alan Jeans. He is a bandid for the comments above, plus the irritating miss pronounciation of players such as joey and maqualter.
You must be sitting near me ??? I've got a similar one right in front of me.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
super dooper wrote:"Just kick it" - this invariably results in the ball being rebounded twice as fast with the reaction of "Why did you kick it there?"

My grandfather's a bit like that, but I'll let him off given when he first started watching football Bill Mohr lined up at full-forward!

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

"Never leave your man!"

"Look at that Bloke!" (pointing to open player 100 metres from the ball).

"oh xxxxx, if you'd been on him, he wouldn't have gotten it!" (right after the opposition kicks out into the back pocket - right where we want them to)

"Lairising"

also, any reference to how under 12s are taught to kick long.

Otherwise, most of this stuff (especially the Raph/Gwilt/Zac bashing) does my head in - the above are entertaining, half because of their regularity, the other half because their regularity has driven me insane.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
fingers wrote:

My grandfather's a bit like that, but I'll let him off given when he first started watching football Bill Mohr lined up at full-forward!
IMHO Mohr's past it. When did he last kick a goal?

Drop him and play Tommy Walsh at FF! :lol:

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:"Never leave your man!"

"Look at that Bloke!" (pointing to open player 100 metres from the ball).

"oh xxxxx, if you'd been on him, he wouldn't have gotten it!" (right after the opposition kicks out into the back pocket - right where we want them to)

"Lairising"

also, any reference to how under 12s are taught to kick long.

Otherwise, most of this stuff (especially the Raph/Gwilt/Zac bashing) does my head in - the above are entertaining, half because of their regularity, the other half because their regularity has driven me insane.
The Gwilt bashing this year is just absurd! Honestly, he's one of the safest players in the team!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Kust kick the bloody thing, usually resluts in a 30 meter turnover

I love this club
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

"50"

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

"Give them something to kick to for Christ's sake"

Griggsy
SS Life Member

"FFS DON'T GO BACKWARDS"

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

"Nooooo!! Never kick across goal!"

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
markp
Saintsational Legend

"Who's on him??!"

"Thaaaat's how you do it!" (after persistent shytebagging leading up to a goal).

"You are crap <insert name of Saints player here>"

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:"You are crap <insert name of Saints player here>"
Clinton Jones :lol: :lol: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Bear on the the Dawson out this week thread...

'best news of the year'

:?