Car Parking at the MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Car Parking at the MCG

My dad and I are driving in for the Geelong game at the MCG and we woud like to know where is a good place to park if you are ariving 20 minutes before the game starts?
How much is the parking and does it often sell out?

Thanks guys, see you at the game! :D

robbie muir
Club Player

Parking at the MCG is only $ 8 and there is usually plenty available.

However if it has been raining parts of the car park may be closed.

There is very limited street parking.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

robbie muir wrote:Parking at the MCG is only $ 8 and there is usually plenty available.

Thanks, which road do you enter this carpark from?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If you are getting their 20 minutes before the game dont even try to park at the G. It will be full I would think. Not sure of your options but maybe park at a train station on the way and get a train in.

robbie muir
Club Player

i find it easiest to enter from either Punt Road or from Wellington Parade( near the Hilton Hotel). Good luck.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
robbie muir wrote:Parking at the MCG is only $ 8 and there is usually plenty available.

Thanks, which road do you enter this carpark from?
From Victoria Pde turn into Clarendon st, follow it all the way down the MCG/Wellington Pde, BUT do not turn left/right at Wellington Pde, go straight and 50m after the traffic lights is the entrance to the car park.
Or you can enter via Punt Rd, right next to the Tiger Den.
Or keep going south down Punt Rd, and you get to the traffic lights but before the Richmond train station bridge turn right into Brunton Ave, after approx 300m on the right is another entrance to the car park.

But just a warning, for yesterdays Melbourne vs Collingwood game car park were closed about 45 mins prior to the game, and I’m sure the St. Kilda vs Geelong game would attract an extra 5-10,000k.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I would suggest that any radius of about 2kms of the MCG will have crawled to a stop more than 20 minutes prior to the game.

So I suggest if possible re-think your plans to include a possible mix of car and public transport to Jolimont and then walk straight into the MCG.

Or travel beyond the MCG and park somewhere around the back streets of Richmond.

Plus consider that you may get into the car park at the MCG ok but it will be a long wait to get out of the 'G and then to travel along Punt Road, or Brunton Avenue or Wellington Parade will add close to 45 minutes to get out unless you are really lucky.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

park in city and tram or walk- depending on your physical ability- the walk along the river- Fed square / Birrarung Mar and the walk bridge about 20 min _ I am not fast

South gate/ south bank $8 after hours for plenty of hours
Eureka Towers- used to be $5 or $7 for after hours. entry after 4
Art Centre similiar rates.
there will be others closer
Crown a little futher walk

but for the time you would spend in the car park waiting to get out - you could have had a coffee and be on your way home.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I would suggest that any radius of about 2kms of the MCG will have crawled to a stop more than 20 minutes prior to the game.

So I suggest if possible re-think your plans to include a possible mix of car and public transport to Jolimont and then walk straight into the MCG.

Or travel beyond the MCG and park somewhere around the back streets of Richmond.

Plus consider that you may get into the car park at the MCG ok but it will be a long wait to get out of the 'G and then to travel along Punt Road, or Brunton Avenue or Wellington Parade will add close to 45 minutes to get out unless you are really lucky.
Yes agreed, you won't get in 20 min before.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's foolish to aim to arrive 20 minutes before bouncedown on a Friday night, due to traffic and all the other swarms that arrive around then (you may arrive even late if there is a bad smash!).

TRY and leave a bit earlier, and get there, say 40 minutes earlier, and save a lot of stress if you can.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:park in city and tram or walk- depending on your physical ability- the walk along the river- Fed square / Birrarung Mar and the walk bridge about 20 min _ I am not fast

South gate/ south bank $8 after hours for plenty of hours
Eureka Towers- used to be $5 or $7 for after hours. entry after 4
Art Centre similiar rates.
there will be others closer
Crown a little futher walk

but for the time you would spend in the car park waiting to get out - you could have had a coffee and be on your way home.
Eureka Towers (enter from City Rd turn left at the 7/11 if travelling east) excellent value as you say ...but...

Arts Centre extortionist prices

Crown longer walk and have surcharge for Fri/Sat nights $15.00-ish

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor