Use saints new home ground for Interstate Games $$$$$$$$$$$$

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Use saints new home ground for Interstate Games $$$$$$$$$$$$

IF we put a enough stands for up to 30/40 thousand people emagine the money we would make with all saints fans against the interstaters.The money we lose at Edihad when there are 25/30 thousand there.

Imagine the crowd at Edihad against goldcoast and West sydney we are going to loose a packet.

Look at the Geelong example they make a fortune from home games with all the advertising and gate going to them i think it is something like $200
thousand iam sure someone will correct me if iam wrong.

We could allso rent the stadium out for other victorian teams when they play the interstaters still make bucks for the club and have a home ground advantage.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Who's going to put up the 100+ million dollars for this?

benengel14
Club Player

Only a lazy $2500 per member if Mr Magic's budgeted estimate is accurate - who's ready to pledge?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:Only a lazy $2500 per member if Mr Magic's budgeted estimate is accurate - who's ready to pledge?
I'm no building expert, but I would think that the cost would be 100 million at the very least - probably a hell of a lot more!

How much was the budget for the new 'bubble' stadium at Olympic Park?
500 million for a 30, 000 seat stadium?

Rice Paper
Club Player

Re: Use saints new home ground for Interstate Games $$$$$$$$

saint58 wrote:IF we put a enough stands for up to 30/40 thousand people emagine the money we would make with all saints fans against the interstaters.The money we lose at Edihad when there are 25/30 thousand there.

Imagine the crowd at Edihad against goldcoast and West sydney we are going to loose a packet.

Look at the Geelong example they make a fortune from home games with all the advertising and gate going to them i think it is something like $200

We could allso rent the stadium out for other victorian teams when they play the interstaters still make bucks for the club and have a home ground advantage.
We don't lose money at Etihad stadium anymore, no club does. Everygame at both stadium Etihad and MCG pays the home team $100K on top of any money they would make.

felixleo
Club Player

Why would 30 to 40 go there when we only get 20 to 30 at etihad?

Are you gonna be the one?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
benengel14 wrote:Only a lazy $2500 per member if Mr Magic's budgeted estimate is accurate - who's ready to pledge?
I'm no building expert, but I would think that the cost would be 100 million at the very least - probably a hell of a lot more!

How much was the budget for the new 'bubble' stadium at Olympic Park?
500 million for a 30, 000 seat stadium?
not if we use building materials such as straw and snot.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Not sure why an extra 10 or 20,000 would go to Seaford and not Etihad :?

battye
Saintsational Legend

Why don't we play a few home games at Subiaco? :wink:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Why don't we play a few home games at Subiaco? :wink:
Would we draw crowds of 30,000 plus if we played our home games against Freo and WCE at Subi?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Who's going to put up the 100+ million dollars for this?

Would nice if Brumby were to give St Kilda the same heap of money he is splashing down at Geelong to build another stand.

The Horse wouldn't even put up less money to refurbish the Palais Theatre.
Instead he tried to force a mini Chadstone on the Triangle Site to pay for the refurb.
The citizens of St Kilda killed that.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Not sure why an extra 10 or 20,000 would go to Seaford and not Etihad :?
Haven't you heard, Seaford is the new Vegas

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
repta
Club Player

what is it with the preoccupation with money? I thought they played for the supporters. The ones that can go. The members who fork out their hard earned, just to miss out on games as they double sell the tickets. StKilda wont keep 40,000 members if they sell their sole (games) interstate.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

repta wrote:what is it with the preoccupation with money? I thought they played for the supporters. The ones that can go. The members who fork out their hard earned, just to miss out on games as they double sell the tickets. StKilda wont keep 40,000 members if they sell their sole (games) interstate.

There not going to

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Wont happen in a bazillion years

End of discussion really

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
repta
Club Player

I just hope they have learnt from their failed experiment down in Tassy last time. Supporters hated it, players hated it, I am sure sponsors werent thrilled.

derby Street
Club Player

saint58 wrote:IF we put a enough stands for up to 30/40 thousand people emagine the money we would make with all saints fans against the interstaters.The money we lose at Edihad when there are 25/30 thousand there.

Take a bex and have a good lie down and put your thoughts to more productive ones - matchups for Bartel, Ablett, Selwood etc etc :D :D :D :D

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Our new training base is in the middle of a residential area. The infrastructure required to build a 30-40,000 stadium would necessatate many of the surrounding dwellings to be torn down.

We already have a bloody housing shortage in Melbourne !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Would nice if Brumby were to give St Kilda the same heap of money he is splashing down at Geelong to build another stand.
He obviously doesn't need the Moorabbin vote! :roll:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Wont happen in a bazillion years

End of discussion really
No wai@!

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint58
Club Player

derby Street wrote:

Take a bex and have a good lie down and put your thoughts to more productive ones - matchups for Bartel, Ablett, Selwood etc etc :D :D :D :D

Did you see the herald sun today it said that the Saints and Bulldogs are looking to play INTERSTATE TEAMS AWAY FROM EDIHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well be in our home ground we will have the ground just need the stands and we dont pay anything and maybe might make some after the lovett payout.

I dont wont us to go under or relocate because of finance we are not out of the woods.?

saint58
Club Player

End of discussion really
Herald sun today saints bulldogs looking to play interstate teams AWAY FROM EDIHAD. HOw many Years was that>

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:

End of discussion really
Herald sun today saints bulldogs looking to play interstate teams AWAY FROM EDIHAD. HOw many Years was that>
Well isnt going to be a ground in Seaford. Just had a look in the Herald sun today and couldnt see that anywhere. What page is it on?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Isn't the word, that the doggies are looking at Skilled as a potential home ground?

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Well there would be no parking at Seaford, so we can all catch the Franga train to Kananook and walk up Seaford Rd from there, arm in arm singing "Oh When the Saints" and sipping tinnies.......... sounds like a plan

:wink: