We should draft Aker next year

Batnoe wrote:For those that seriously think that it isnt worth picking AKA up you have rocks in your head.

he is one of the best players to ever play the game. If you could get him under control (Dogs did for 2 years) then he is worth it.

he has played 325 games, a noob wouldnt play that
Let's see, a 33 yr old (34 next year) with hamstring issues, not to mention the fact he's been kicked out of 2 footy clubs b/c he's a knob and a big mouth who has no respect for his team mates. PLUS the fact he kicked the grand total of 2 goals in 9 games this year.

You're right. Let's get him :roll:

Batnoe wrote:For those that seriously think that it isnt worth picking AKA up you have rocks in your head.

he is one of the best players to ever play the game. If you could get him under control (Dogs did for 2 years) then he is worth it.

Let's see, a 33 yr old (34 next year) with hamstring issues, not to mention the fact he's been kicked out of 2 footy clubs b/c he's a knob and a big mouth who has no respect for his team mates. PLUS the fact he kicked the grand total of 2 goals in 9 games this year.

You're right. Let's get him :roll:
But if we got him for nothing it wouldnt matter. All he would be doing is taking the place of a younger player and maybe slowing down his devolpment for a couple of more years.

OP may be tongue in cheek, but more than one team could do worse than get Aka.

They just have to be a bit more realistic about where he's at - if healthy he's still a very (very) good HFF... better than any we've got. What he isn't going to be is a bleeds-red-whit-and-black dyed in the wool Sainter (or anything else).

Won't happen though, the AFL has convinced itself that playing 20 year old spuds is a better path to victory than managing the bodies of their 33+ year olds.

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:What he isn't going to be is a bleeds-red-whit-and-black dyed in the wool Sainter (or anything else).
Dunno about that.

White Hair
Black Goatee
Red Face

That's pretty dyed in the wool Saints stuff to me. :lol:

we should definitely pick up kevin bartlett then. he played 403 games, so he's even less of a noob than aker.

No thanks, id prefer to play games into young Tommy Lynch.

we should definitely pick up kevin bartlett then. he played 403 games, so he's even less of a noob than aker.
Well if he costs nothing why not. Who cares in young players miss devolpment if we get old players for nothing.

Vic Cumberland's not doing much these days. :wink:

I reckon your namesake is still good for one more tilt at a flag Plugger. Lets get him. :lol:

dals_da_bomb

I dont care if you are taking the piss, you asked people thoughts and mine is i would take him. But i dont know who would be dropped to get him on the list.

If St Kilda did take him for a year and it was cheap (so a good and fair pick up) who has/would go?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.

Aka would be a great pickup for sume teams. just not ours.

saintpeter

Aka

Can still play, cheap, worth a shot...but, think of his potential as a mid field/forward coach. This is one of the cleverest most talented players I have seen in the past 10 years. What trouble has he got into other than expressing an opinion. Is this a fycking communist country!!

Thinline wrote: Monkhorst's still waddling around isn't he?
Captain/Coach of Woori, sitting on top of the ladder. Or do you mean Ben, who kicked five last week?

this is a joke,right? :shock:

SaintWal

P66 mischievious

Never.

Sorry to take so long to reply. Could not stop laughing

Milan Faletic

Maybe in the spirit of Podsiadly, we should draft Sautner.

If we win a flag this year, Acker can enjoy his media career.

SaintSimmo

Sainterman wrote:Yep, that logic worked a treat for the Bulldogs!
They may win the flag this year and Aker played. Lets get him with a late pick next season as it costs nothing. Even pre season. It is well worth it.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO would do nothing for the club, would be very stupid to pick him up.

Sainter for life.

older saint wrote:NO - there is no I in team. Jason believes in the "there is a ME " theory too much
F*** that, he won 3 flags with Brissie as a self centred arrogant prick.

Give me one of those with talent to burn over one of GT's many nice guys that were shyte footballers!

But he's possibly a bit old and will be a tad too slow next season perhaps....
Last edited by saintspremiers on Thu 22 Jul 2010 10:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

They may win the flag this year and Aker played. Lets get him with a late pick next season as it costs nothing. Even pre season. It is well worth it.
Just give it up...ok....ha ha ha...you're trying to get a reaction?

A bit of an attention seeker are we plugger? Maybe bore at work? You're obviously quite egotestical to call yourself plugger in the first place but you do have an audience....happy?

dals_da_bomb wrote:I dont care if you are taking the piss, you asked people thoughts and mine is i would take him. But i dont know who would be dropped to get him on the list.

If St Kilda did take him for a year and it was cheap (so a good and fair pick up) who has/would go?
I'd rather have Mr Bean than Aker.

SaintPav wrote: A bit of an attention seeker are we plugger? Maybe bore at work? You're obviously quite egotestical to call yourself plugger in the first place but you do have an audience....happy?

he'd never be happy...but you got his number anyway.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

linz

I'd prefer a more confident player who was more "out there"

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.

Just give it up...ok....ha ha ha...you're trying to get a reaction?

A bit of an attention seeker are we plugger? Maybe bore at work? You're obviously quite egotestical to call yourself plugger in the first place but you do have an audience....happy?
Very strange post. Attention. What are you on about. I am a name on a forum. No one knows me here only my friends and family at home and they wouldnt ever get on this forum. I have plenty of mates at work and anyone lucky enough to know me will always have a good laugh. I even have another local footy club that I am heavy involved in unlike some people here who are stuck with one club only.

And fancy naming mysef after a Saints champ. Must be egotistical for sure. It makes no sense but you stick with that. I suppose it is better than naming yourself after a Freo star. Now that is funny on a Saints forum.

Even better for you is that Stinger likes your post. That must make you so proud. he is the person who isnt smart enough to think of anything himself and jumps on other posts. Looks like you both have your first friend.

The voice of reason p66. I think we should swap T.Lynch for Aker

. I even have another local footy club that I am heavy involved in unlike some people here who are stuck with one club only.
In that case you should suggest that they take Aka....