Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Good chance of it being dry for most or at least half the game.

Weather forecast is now for a Sunny day, with Patchy rain in the evening.....so it may be even dry for the whole game.

Most of the wet weather action is forecast for Saturday.
Game doesn't start till 7.45. I would consider that well into the 'evening'.
Yeh may,be but it might not rain until midnight..anyones guess ..basically think our team should be suited by anything wet regardless..wonder how close Jack Steven was ??
Well Jack didn't make the list of emergencies. I would have preferred him over Mini.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armitage should be in.... Brilliant in slippery conditions.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Teams

SainterK wrote:
Saint_in_SA wrote:
Gee whiz, pick Geelong's bottom five players - it's tough,,, I doubt Mini and Geary would make their team.
Blake and Lonergan wouldn't make ours...
thats true sainter k. saints bigs better than theirs. but their littles are better than ours (shannon byrnes is a much better footballer than mini).

i reckon we have an edge in the middluns (BJ, Gilbo, Fisher, Gwilt).

saintvic
Club Player

If it is going to be a wet night I would have thought it would have been mucher smarter to play Armo and Steven for McQualter and Geary.

I am an Armo fan and I would like to see him given a chance to show what he is made of, and a taste of finals footy which is something he wont get for some time if he goes to Gold Coast!!

Saint Pup
Club Player

Much like the rest of you would have liked Armo to be in the side. Could play a Mini like roule if given the chance and can push into the middle to chop Lenny out, has a knack for kicking goals also. Also a little shocked Steven fell out of favour also, was going along pretty well. I think tonight we might see Minle spend more time in the forward 50 than he has been.

If Fisher doesn't play we are in a fair bit of trouble IMO. I have a huge wrap for Dempster but he just doesn't hurt teams like Fish can.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
SaintPav wrote: Geary is soooo lucky.....

Do you think he may play a defensive forward?
not a bad thought. a defensive forward who kicks goals perhaps.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Very hard to pick a Cats bottom five. I had just as much trouble identifying a Saints bottom five. I'm not sure what it would prove anyway.

Geelong's weakness is in its talls. I personally think Hawkins is overrated, Mooney is suspect, and Blake is a spud.

Ours, ironically, is in defence. When Dawson and Blake are isolated one-on-one it spells trouble. After watching the ball shoot between Dawson's legs last week I had a flashback to Clarke in last year's GF, and just seeing Dawson's name in the selections gives me the heebeejeebees. Our defensive press has to be in top shape to avoid this - and better yet we have to beat those bastards to the pill and get first use to begin with. It can be done. It's exactly where we beat them last time.

When I compare their ins and outs from the GF and tonight to ours I feel a little bit better too.

Byrnes -> Stokes
Harley -> Lonergan
Rooke -> J Hunt

Arguably their team is weaker, while ours is stronger. It's our formline that has everybody bamboozled. We won't be lacking any motivation to flick the switch.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:
SaintPav wrote: Geary is soooo lucky.....

Do you think he may play a defensive forward?
not a bad thought. a defensive forward who kicks goals perhaps.
That's what I was thinking, they may put him on Mackie?

I just thought with Schneider in the middle more, Mini may play the goal sneak role more?