Vote that Mooney was "in the back"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintvic
Club Player

Vote that Mooney was "in the back"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl

Vote now and shut those Geelong whingers up!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

pretty clear at the moment, YES 88% to 12% NO

Suck it up princess's !!!!!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
The_Goose31
Club Player

Just in case you guys haven't seen it

SteveStevens66
Club Player

A typical example of their yellow journalism to even have such a poll. The free was a standard, run-of-the-mill "in-the-back" free. There is nothing even remotely controversial about it. It is only Geelong's reaction that has turned that umpiring decision into something which it is not--controversial and according to the Herald-Scum, poll-worthy. Screw 'em.

Carna Saints!!!
goodie
Club Player

What'd you expect? They devoted inches of columns trying to drum up controversy about the free kick, and their mention of the Mooney/Dawson 'goal':
A Mooney soccer off the ground in the goal square finally delivered a goal.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

What a joke. If it had been paid in any other part of the ground, or at any other time of the game, it would not have rated a mention, because it was an obvious free kick. When they showed the replay last night, Leigh Matthews' instant reaction was "that's a free kick", as anyone who is honest and follows the game closely would be well aware of. Even Tom Harley agreed without hesitation. It was a no-brainer. I've cast my vote.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Raven
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:pretty clear at the moment, YES 88% to 12% NO

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's 57.88% vs 42.12%, so it's a bit closer than that :)

widereceiver
Club Player

I don't recall that paper running a poll on the free kick which wasn't paid to Schneider in last year's GF.

Suck it up Geelong princesses.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
marksnsparks
Club Player

I was almost hoping it was the wrong decision when I watched the reply. It would go half way to making up for the goal that hit the post in last years granny.

Geelong supporters have such short memories. tossers.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I lot of people I've come across who aren't Saints or Cats fans are saying the free kick was there.

Bad luck, Mr."I already have 3 premiership medals" Mooney. Sometimes things just don't always go your way.

C'est la vie.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's 57.88% vs 42.12%, so it's a bit closer than that :)
that was 4 hours before your post, it was 88 to 12 at 10.40am

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I lot of people I've come across who aren't Saints or Cats fans are saying the free kick was there.

Bad luck, Mr."I already have 3 premiership medals" Mooney. Sometimes things just don't always go your way.

C'est la vie.
Now some are trying to say " not in the spirit of the game" give me a break Bakes 9 weeks wasn't in the spirit of the game either But it was within the rules..

this was a rule and clear cut- whistle had blown before goal scored.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
Sainternist wrote:I lot of people I've come across who aren't Saints or Cats fans are saying the free kick was there.

C'est la vie.
Now some are trying to say " not in the spirit of the game" give me a break Bakes 9 weeks wasn't in the spirit of the game either But it was within the rules..

this was a rule and clear cut- whistle had blown before goal scored.
I agree. They can whinge for the next week both the media and Geelong supporters if it makes them happy. No one will remember that in 10 years time. The history books, however, will clearly show we won the qualifying final. Geelong did not. After a few tantrums from a few of those at Geelong (note all, Ling handled himself with some real class), I hope they go out in straight sets!!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

The only way anyone would be voting ''no'' would be if they're ignorant of the current rules and interpretations, or they're lying. It looked like Mooney confused Gwilt with a boogie board. Clear and obvious free kick.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:It looked like Mooney confused Gwilt with a boogie board
hahahahaha

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Raven
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
Raven wrote:

that was 4 hours before your post, it was 88 to 12 at 10.40am
OK then, it just seemed like a pretty big coincidence, not to mention at first I happened to read it as 88/12 too, then realized.
But if I was wrong I apologize!
Last edited by Raven on Sat 04 Sep 2010 8:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Saints out of jail and Milneys picture underneath, he should sue that ar@ewhipes

Before Im 85
georgie girl
Club Player

Really, the only thing that made the decision controversial was the fact that a goal was disallowed. A goal that was kicked clearly AFTER the whistle was blown. A kick that should have resulted in a 50m penalty. Not to mention that another 50 m penalty should then have been paid for the abuse from Mooney.

If Ling had not have played on after the whistle, there would not have been such huge controversy! Suck it up Cats!!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

If it had been paid at any other time of the match there would have been no issue. And if we're going to umpire in "the spirit of the game", Geelong wouldn't have gotten two or three of those soft free kicks that resulted in goals to them. So we would have won by MORE. MORE.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

F*** Mooney

Go Freo

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

F*** you Mark Robinson, you fat, lazy , wannabe, has never been, slug like piece of she-ite

I listened to you on Saturday morning going on and on about, how the AFL needs to review the "in the back" rule, how paying the free was counter to the spirit of the rule, how you continued to defy logic in the face of callers, even your own poster boy Lloyd, stating the free was there.

What is it with you Robinson? have you hedged your bets and want to associate yourself with the aspirations of those that insist on fairy tales and scripts unfolding the way you and your mates would have hoped they would.

I was glad to see this morning on Game Day that when you trotted out your even further developed theory of "umpiring gone mad" that Schwartz looked you in the eye and said "are you serious?" when you stated that the free wasn't there.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

he is a knob isnt he
maybe he has a relationship with a geelong player :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:F*** you Mark Robinson, you fat, lazy , wannabe, has never been, slug like piece of she-ite

I listened to you on Saturday morning going on and on about, how the AFL needs to review the "in the back" rule, how paying the free was counter to the spirit of the rule, how you continued to defy logic in the face of callers, even your own poster boy Lloyd, stating the free was there.

What is it with you Robinson? have you hedged your bets and want to associate yourself with the aspirations of those that insist on fairy tales and scripts unfolding the way you and your mates would have hoped they would.

I was glad to see this morning on Game Day that when you trotted out your even further developed theory of "umpiring gone mad" that Schwartz looked you in the eye and said "are you serious?" when you stated that the free wasn't there.
Totally agree. fancy having a different opinion that doesnt suit Saints supporters. He is a disgrace. Did you see Lenny today. He was so angry with Robbo he laughed at everything he said. You are a disgrace Robbo.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't care if thinks the free was there or not, I was more disgusted when he went for Jimmy's character and said he dived. Umpiring decision, and he tries to make it personal.

Even Bartel said nobody intentionally falls forward, it's just the momentum and force behind you.

Jimmy is proving a headache for the Cats, first his game on Pods, now winning a timely free 8-)

If you read this Robbo, my read is you took Bomber Thompson's impassioned plea to 'report the truth' as a personal mission. Something about journos and their desperation to be well liked by Mick and Bomber that I can't work out, they never fault their character even when they deserve it.

You know what they say, nobody likes a kiss....