The moment :-(

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The moment :-(

God knows why I am torturing myself, I just watched the moment dim the GF last year where Scarlett toe poked to Ablett to set up THAT goal. They had an interesting feature and the passion and emotion in it was incredible. It just made me want this so much and I hope every one if our boys feels the same way.

If we win on Saturday night, we simply HAVE to win the flag. To lose twice in a row would just be too painful.

This is our year. It has to be. We know it, the boys know it and on Saturday 25th September, everyone else will know it!

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS!!!!

Maxstar22
Club Player

I just walked out of the room when they started playing it.

I couldn't bear to watch it.

Bloody Scarlett and his "someone had to do something magical and I guess that was me".

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I agree, I just watched that too on channel 7. It is killing me having seen that. It just really showed me how close were to that flag and how it was taken away so cruely. If all of the players watch that there is no way we will not win the flag this year, I don't care who we are playing. F*** Collingwood and Geelong, seriously F*** em! Just win the bloody thing! Watching that passage of play has really p1ssed me off and made me angry and really wanting redemption badly!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It was one of many moments though, not sure this particular one defined a win or a loss, could rattle off many others :cry:

saintnick12
Club Player

SainterK wrote:It was one of many moments though, not sure this particular one defined a win or a loss, could rattle off many others :cry:
You're right SainterK. We should have took our chances much earlier in the game, and not been level in time on. But the package showed again just how close we were so late in the game and even after all our misses earlier we still could have won it. We were so close. I watched the package, but the lump came straight to my throat. The "what if's" came flooding back. What if Milne, Schneider and McQualter had kicked their goals. What if Roo had not been carrying an injury. What if it hadn't been pouring with rain. But even with all those things as they were, what if that fantastic contest from Zac had forced the ball forward and Kosi and run on and kicked the goal. What if Lenny or Blake's desperate smothers had been successful in stopping that last goal.
I shouldn't torture myself like that. :cry: :cry:
Only way to get over it is to win this week, and then next. Come on!!!
Last edited by saintnick12 on Thu 16 Sep 2010 10:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
noob
Club Player

just watching that has made me pumped not nervous. I feel like I'm going out to play with the team and get down to business!

SaintWal
Club Player

Yeah, felt sick when I saw it.

Now 12 months on I do marvel at the quick thinking of Scarlett. Hate him, but that was brilliance and that can be all it takes. A Scarlett moment, a Milne Freak, a straight kick.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Hope the players saw it..losing on Saturday night is not an option :evil:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint patrick wrote:Hope the players saw it..losing on Saturday night is not an option :evil:
to be honest, watching it felt like losing the Grand Final over again. I remember watching it and thinking boy I hope the boys are watching this!

ThePunter
Club Player

Dawson did everything right, Scarlett and Ablett sat back and didn't go in, and they were rewarded.

Think it took Dawson 10 months to get over it (I believe he was back after playing on Buddy).

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

saint patrick wrote:Hope the players saw it..losing on Saturday night is not an option :evil:
Sam Fisher said on before the game the players have rewatched the GF

Before Im 85
stevie
Saintsational Legend

i missed the moment on GF day. with 5 minutes left, scores level, I couldn't watch. went outsdie and sat on the patio concrete, holding my head, totally lost. Heard my mate swear, knew the cats had kicked a goal.

only read about the moment on the net later and saw it on the news.

I think Scarlett's chip was instinct more than anything - Kosi was right behind him.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

I saw it last night too. When I saw it during the actual game I thought it was very lucky; one of those little things that goes the way of one team when it could easily have gone either way. A complete fluke. When I saw it last night it looked deliberate and pretty clever. I'd be the last one to give Scarlett any credit but in that instance it looked due.

It's true that it was only one little incident, and we should have had it won by 3/4 time. And for all the effort we put in in the last 5 minutes, we had lost our shape, the system broke down somewhat, and it was all desperation. As someone else said some months (maybe a year) ago, I thought we'd lost it when Roo tried to take that mark over Blake on the half back flank.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The bit I'm enjoying about the Saints at the moment is we're not saying a thing! Collingwood and Geelong are going stupid making all the noise, followed closely by the Bulldogs! The Saints bubble is alive, well and working its magic! Whilst I'm nervous I think we're all in very safe, capable hands!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:The bit I'm enjoying about the Saints at the moment is we're not saying a thing! Collingwood and Geelong are going stupid making all the noise, followed closely by the Bulldogs! The Saints bubble is alive, well and working its magic! Whilst I'm nervous I think we're all in very safe, capable hands!
I agree.

Can't believe that opposition coaches want to play juvenile and transparent mind games, while we shut up shop and say nothing.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

St. Luke wrote:The bit I'm enjoying about the Saints at the moment is we're not saying a thing! Collingwood and Geelong are going stupid making all the noise, followed closely by the Bulldogs! The Saints bubble is alive, well and working its magic! Whilst I'm nervous I think we're all in very safe, capable hands!
If nothing else, it shows aboslute one hndred percent focus on the task at hand. The Bulldogs, Cats and Pies will likely take to the field and nerves will cause errors as it hits them this is a PRELIM final and there are NO SECOND CHANCES.

Meanwhile, we have utter focus and respect for our opponenets, we're ready, we're aware and come Saturday night we will unleash one hell of a storm!