Official Pies v Cats thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
saint vince wrote:Joffa could just about put the jacket on i rekon.
with 4 to go in the first, its looking that way.
THe cats started slow against us tho and came back hard in the last, (that's what I am hoping for)
BUT.....
the way things are looking, I reckon Joffa might not bother taking it off for the next eight days
Anyone who thought they were "not the real deal" have not watched them play this year
Agree. Haven't been oerley worried about them until now.

I hate to say it but they look bloody unbeatable at the moment
Don't get too carried away. Only early. Lets just see if they can keep this pressure up for 4 quarters. Geelong will get their shite together and come at them at some stage.
But it isnt going to be that tough prelim we were hoping for and not one person on here realised how good the pies are because of their hatred to them. Common sense suggested they were always going to be hard to beat.
Calling it a bit earlier, aren't you? Let us see how it unfolds over the next 3 quarters. If Geelong don't come at them or make some changes, they are officially finished and G Ablett Jr will be announcing his departure to GC next week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Can not understand why they the Cat's don't put a few big hits on Collingwood's youngr players.
No pressure on the Pies at all, let's see if Geelong can make some in roads into the filth's lead.
Incidently, this may be good for us, filth are playing unbelievebly well, might believe they just need to turn up next week to win.
Yep because Mick Malthouse will let them do that.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Collingwood 1st goal of the 2nd.

ONE MORE IS FAT LADY FOR THE GEELONG ERA.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
THe cats started slow against us tho and came back hard in the last, (that's what I am hoping for)
BUT.....
the way things are looking, I reckon Joffa might not bother taking it off for the next eight days
Anyone who thought they were "not the real deal" have not watched them play this year

Don't get too carried away. Only early. Lets just see if they can keep this pressure up for 4 quarters. Geelong will get their shite together and come at them at some stage.
But it isnt going to be that tough prelim we were hoping for and not one person on here realised how good the pies are because of their hatred to them. Common sense suggested they were always going to be hard to beat.
Calling it a bit earlier, aren't you? Let us see how it unfolds over the next 3 quarters. If Geelong don't come at them or make some changes, they are officially finished and G Ablett Jr will be announcing his departure to GC next week.
Well that makes me feel much better. I dont care about whether Geelong is finished. I wanted a hardgame and it will not be because the Pies are a great side.

older saint
SS Life Member

Hope they have blown their best shot a week early!

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:Collingwood 1st goal of the 2nd.

ONE MORE IS FAT LADY FOR THE GEELONG ERA.
Fat lady to the foyer please. Fat lady to the foyer.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Unforgiven wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
Unforgiven wrote:Holy crap the umpire's are just letting the game go...

I reckon iv'e seen about 3 or 4 would've been free kicks...
Definitely seeing some favoritism toward one side.
Havent seen that. What I have seen is one side get the ball and the other struggle.
Nah... take another look! Reid pushes out Mooney before the ball is even in the contest, Selwood arm around his neck... the pay that all season...

I'm not going for geelong, but if these were going against the saints.. I couldn't understand.
Maybe you should watch the players and not the umpires. No bias just a great side. Not good for us at this stage.
Re read my post Plugger, quite clearly I am watching the players and the play, hence my specific examples regarding players.

I agree, pies looking scary good.

Carpe Diem
Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
BUT.....

Well that makes me feel much better. I dont care about whether Geelong is finished. I wanted a hardgame and it will not be because the Pies are a great side.
Showing your true colours you flog ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The cats arent coming back but just for my sanity why can we deal with this type of play apart from hope?
that's the spirit.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

Geelong score their second.

karnak
Club Player

Go the Cats!

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
BUT.....

Showing your continuation of having no brain. At least you are a consistant no brain poster.

saint vince
Club Player

Anyone notice that free to Stokes was identical to the Gwilt/Mooney free not one mention that it might not of been there. Proves a point hey.

starsign
Club Player

looks like what motivates is that which holds sway to me at present ...

Cats bin there done it ....Pies are going for it ,,,, will take some tossing from here the Filth .....Front-runners! personified !

they are hard to toss when they are up and running with the multitudes screaming "ball" or whatever ....umps give in as well after a while and it's al over red rover

mark it in Saints v Pies next week for mine!!

Just want the Pooffycats to have a go and shed some blood and broken bones somewhere

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
BUT.....

No, I don't particularly care whether they are finished or not either. The point of the post was that Geelong in the past have been renown for coming back hard and if they are down by a significant amount and they do it with hard tough footy.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Harry Taylor making AA selection... what a farking joke! :x

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Harry Taylor making AA selection... what a farking joke! :x
Can you tell who should have been CHB for the AA side?

Statsman
Club Player

Isn't it strange to be suddenly barracking for the Cats? :wink:

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Statsman wrote:Isn't it strange to be suddenly barracking for the Cats? :wink:
Not barracking for either one of them. Dislike them both and don't have a preference to whom we may play if we get past tomorrow night. However, I would like a Geelong/St Kilda rematch so we can smash them after last year..... :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who wants any advantage at all in the GF should be wanting for the Cats to at least put some pressure on them.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Selfish cats, Stokes should of taken Maxwell out of the play when Chapman went for goal instead of trying an unrealistic mark. Another play, Kelly had the ball running into goal, cat right along side him (?) should of laid shepherd and didn't....

All want to be the hero IMO.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saint vince wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
BUT.....

Showing your continuation of having no brain. At least you are a consistant no brain poster.
ENOUGH. I'm so tired of every thread being hijacked by idiots who just want to fight about crap.

Plugger, I understand that they actually started it but you kept it going. You're both as much to blame so one of you drop it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saint vince wrote:Anyone notice that free to Stokes was identical to the Gwilt/Mooney free not one mention that it might not of been there. Proves a point hey.
acutally thought it was even softer than the gwilt free, cant see bomber complaining about that one, Stokes only scored a point from it.

Seeya
Q5
Club Player

Man, what an EFFING fizzer!!! Not a good omen - reckon our PF will be the hard one again after all!!! :evil:

Linton Street Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Anyone who wants any advantage at all in the GF should be wanting for the Cats to at least put some pressure on them.
Do you ever have anything positive too say ? Your worse than old Rodger when it comes to pessimism ..... poor old conditioned Saints supporters who've lost their faith ... It's a shame