Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 24 2023

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 24 2023

The Fireman wrote: Sun 27 Aug 2023 8:06am
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 11:44pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 11:01pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 9:22pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:20pm Once Owens can kick he will be a monster.
Harsh. One last quarter clanger. I reckon he would be well iced up tonight, looked a bit slow and proppy in the third quarter.
Watch again. His disposal by foot can be better
So can everybody else's. I reckon you have picked the eyes out of this game the made a generalisation. Overall, he is pretty good.
yeah I did pick out Owens and simply made a comment about him specifically , I could of made comment on others but didn't
I'll say it again, he will be a star when he improves his delivery by foot, eg sinclair. and Owens is more than pretty good.
The whole team is a work in progress with individual strengths and weaknesses. Owens, I reckon, has an infectious character which has rubbed of on the entire team. I'll forgive him for the occasional clanger.

Saint supporter since '62
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match Thread Saints v Lions Round 24 2023

I don’t think Owens is a good kick. Has a poor action.

He’s not a woeful kick like Higgins, but is not a smooth kick. Nor is Windhager.

But in his role as an inside bull, kicking is not necessarily a required attribute. His competitiveness and strength/power is.

To me
He reminds me a lot of Nat Fyfe

He was also not a great kick