Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Re: Vilification will earn you a lifetime ban

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 6:26pm NDIS a perfect example. So many rorts, but there is always people cheating ANY system to make a dollar unfortunately
I can only comment on a handful of specific incidents, however I believe it is certainly wide spread.
My daughter is studying in a medical field so is highly sort after for NDIS work, as are her peers.

She is currently working with a severely disabled girl.
The system is the family is allocated an amounty of money for care giving, physio. swimming, speech therapy etc...
The parents then approve the spend, which is (loosely) signed off by a case manager and invoices submitted.
My daughter is an ABN listed contractor in this instance and (due to being a medical student) is paid reasonably well at around $60 p'hour.

The issue is the family are asking my daughter to pick up their other two children (who have no disability) from school, buy food for the kids, pay for non NDIS activities for the other kids and invoice extra hours to cover the out of pocket expenses. Their position is the budget is their money and will be spent. Other peers are experiencing families asking them to bill extra hours and split the cash.

Given this small snapshot I can only assume this is the tip of the iceberg, and can only imagine what corporates are charging for NDIS related services.

On my daughter, she didn't know how to handle it and was intimidated and uncomfortable.
We discussed a strategy and she went back to the family and told them she would not be staying if they pressured her to undertake dishonest activity.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Back on topic!

https://www.afl.com.au/news/918352/fans ... lification

What is racial vilification?

In summary...
" Vilification is behaviour that 'incites or encourages hatred, serious contempt, revulsion or severe ridicule' for a person or group of people because of their race and/or religion."

What do posters think of this brief but succinct summary found on line?

What should be added?

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 12:22pm
asiu wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:22am is that like

Our Land shouldn't have been given out like confetti ?

at least our land was real
Unreal. 😆😂

You’ll never be happy.
happy ?

who , in their right mind , would aspire to ... happiness

lets stick with your 'illusionary' money concept
before we move on to your 'illusionary' happiness concept

what of the stolen lands ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
lewdogs
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:10am
lewdogs wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 9:33am There are people in this country that evade paying millions in tax, that could easily afford to pay it but basically have decided they are better than everyday Australians.

But yes, the real issue is someone that claimed a camera to take photos of a person with a disability. Or all the people "living it up" on jobseeker payments.

A few on here need a dose of perspective.
Nice try, but why would anyone pay more tax than they need to? Kerry Packer said it best, they already waste what I pay now, why give them more!

Also, most times “evading” tax is using the rules in front of you to help “avoid” paying more tax.
Wouldn’t you do the same? You’d be lying if you didn’t.

Plus, your comment above isn’t the point, the point is money shouldn’t be given out like confetti.
After all, it’s actual taxpayers that fund it.
So on one hand you begrudge people for being on welfare.

On the other you say "who wouldn't dodge tax if they could?"

Your issues seem to be with poor people.

What does tax go to? Schools, hospitals, police. What a rort. But of course, Kerry Packer was such a good bloke and only avoided tax because it was the right thing to do.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 12:48pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 6:26pm NDIS a perfect example. So many rorts, but there is always people cheating ANY system to make a dollar unfortunately
I can only comment on a handful of specific incidents, however I believe it is certainly wide spread.
My daughter is studying in a medical field so is highly sort after for NDIS work, as are her peers.

She is currently working with a severely disabled girl.
The system is the family is allocated an amounty of money for care giving, physio. swimming, speech therapy etc...
The parents then approve the spend, which is (loosely) signed off by a case manager and invoices submitted.
My daughter is an ABN listed contractor in this instance and (due to being a medical student) is paid reasonably well at around $60 p'hour.

The issue is the family are asking my daughter to pick up their other two children (who have no disability) from school, buy food for the kids, pay for non NDIS activities for the other kids and invoice extra hours to cover the out of pocket expenses. Their position is the budget is their money and will be spent. Other peers are experiencing families asking them to bill extra hours and split the cash.

Given this small snapshot I can only assume this is the tip of the iceberg, and can only imagine what corporates are charging for NDIS related services.

On my daughter, she didn't know how to handle it and was intimidated and uncomfortable.
We discussed a strategy and she went back to the family and told them she would not be staying if they pressured her to undertake dishonest activity.
That's the only response. Everyone who works under the NDIS has a responsibility to know the rules and ensure what they are doing is legal.
Then further, they actually have an obligation to report it.

Unfortunately, it's a general theme with stimulus packages, as they are just that. The majority of the money hits it's target, regardless.

The (loosely) signed off isn't loosely. They are merely an intermediate agency, working on a comission, enabling transactions, without discretion, to save the self manager a fee to register for the same ability. Coordinators wouldn't sign off of that sort of expenditure.

The biggest shame is, that doing things with one's siblings, isn't necessarily an an unfundable activity. I reckon I could convince a child psychologist to recommend it be facilitated, with support.

Purchasing them stuff is stupid, illegal, unethical and cowardly. The only reason for doing it, is fear of losing the opportunity to do it. It's greed.
Its just too easy to cheat the system and its like its encouraged greed. Getting ahead in any way you can, without regard for civil responsibility.

In the case of the NDIS, which does so much actual good, it's comparable to looting in a crisis and only serves to diminish the good work done.
Last edited by CQ SAINT on Sun 14 May 2023 1:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Heavily governing the distribution of stimulus packages is expensive. Much better to make weak legislation, let the meek inherit the immorality of it all and then punish them and blame the previous government in a looping cycle.

happy feet
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 14 May 2023 11:16am
happy feet wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 10:22pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:53pm
happy feet wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:46pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 5:22pm
Sainter_Dad wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 12:06pm
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sat 13 May 2023 9:30am You (and others) are so brainwashed and caught up on things that happened so long ago that you are beyond saving. People like you are only going to be happy when my wage is $80k and the govt wage is $100k, plus royalties, plus an extra tax on properties, a breathing tax, hell, why not throw in a special levy for attending AFL on aboriginal grounds.

People like you will never move forward because as another poster already mentioned, your type don’t want equal opportunity, you want equal result regardless of effort.
Guess what, it’ll never happen.

You are one sad individual that clearly wants to tear everything down and see everyone miserable, possibly to compensate for your own failures in life.
Government Salary implies working
I was implying govt pension for doing nothing, but being a public servant is next best for certain jobs. It’s why only certain people need apply…

But it’s all about equality, right?
You a$$Ehole. I have worked in a three levels of Government and I work my backside off and have done for the last 43 years. At time I’m talking 60 hour weeks, no overtime mate, weeks away from family staying in s*** motels. Most people I have worked with in the public sector work extremely hard. There are no perks, no corporate lunches, no gifts - you can’t accept any of it. Pay rises for the last 8 or 9 years capped at 2% and forgone during the pandemic. So shove your moronic comments about public servants right up your self entitled @r$e.
You’ve read that wrong.
I said certain jobs.

Again, there are great workers, but it is saturated and a reduction desperately required, look at the wage bill in Vic. It’s ridiculous.

It wasn’t meant for someone like yourself on the face value of what you have said above.

If you are working 60h weeks, then you are either relatively high up or you’ve been taken for a ride.
I wouldn’t say I am that high up but your comment “taken for a ride” again shows total ignorance of why most people work in the public sector. Many people work in the public sector to serve their community, to make life better for all in our community, to try to improve the services and facilities for all Australians, to leave the place in a better shape for future generations.

It’s a shame you are so ignorant of these matters, but from your comments you are probably a person who just looks after themself and does not give a stuff about anyone else.

I stand by my previous comments.
Most people just want to work enough to get through to retirement. That’s it. I guarantee it applies to people in public service. Whether is be a nurse, police, etc. as soon as the they have enough to live on without working they are gone. Not a chance they care about the broader community. I care about family and close mates, I don’t owe anything to anyone else and won’t be bullied into believing I do.
[/

What a sad existence. Oh well your life.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.