Hind

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Hind

Where is he at. Wasn't named in the 26 man side or amongst the 4 emergencies nor injured or managed players. Not heard hide nor hair of him actually.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hind

Good question

Really like this kid... hope he has a good crack at it as he seems to have very good decision making. Bit underrated IMO

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I think he is coming back from a calf strain.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
outside66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 21 Feb 2020 1:18pm Where is he at. Wasn't named in the 26 man side or amongst the 4 emergencies nor injured or managed players. Not heard hide nor hair of him actually.
We bumped into him at Moorabbin Safeway before the game yesterday. He said that he'll be playing next week against Hawthorn.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

outside66 wrote: Fri 21 Feb 2020 3:57pm
saynta wrote: Fri 21 Feb 2020 1:18pm Where is he at. Wasn't named in the 26 man side or amongst the 4 emergencies nor injured or managed players. Not heard hide nor hair of him actually.
We bumped into him at Moorabbin Safeway before the game yesterday. He said that he'll be playing next week against Hawthorn.
The Pies on March 8th, at 3:50 pm, at MRR whatever that is...
Morwell Rec Reserve maybe?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

He was walking a dog in Moorabbin and had a noticeable wrap on lower left leg. No limping from dog but Hind seemed tender.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Fri 21 Feb 2020 10:36pm He was walking a dog in Moorabbin and had a noticeable wrap on lower left leg. No limping from dog but Hind seemed tender.
Was it his hind leg? You have me confused.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

He did enough last year to suggest he might have potential when he finally got his chance but he's got more competition for a spot in the side than he's ever had and it took him long enough to break into the side for his first game as it was so it's going to be intersting to see if he can make at the elite grade.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

What postion does he play and who does he keep/push out of the side.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 8:26am What postion does he play and who does he keep/push out of the side.
Good question.

Wing?
BeHIND - Hill, Jones, Billings

Small defender/ half back
BeHIND - Geary, Savage, Clarke, Long, Webster, Paton, Coffield

Small forward
BeHIND - Lonie, Butler, Gresham, Billings

Hard to see where he gets a game IMO

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 9:15am
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 8:26am What postion does he play and who does he keep/push out of the side.
Good question.

Wing?

Small forward

And Kent maybe.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

So...no Hindsight? :mrgreen: :lol:

Freebird
Club Player

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 8:26am What position does he play and who does he keep/push out of the side.
Play him on the wing and watch him run and create...not many have his skills/pace

Occasionally runs himself into trouble but so did Robert Harvey

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Freebird wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 1:11pm
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 8:26am What position does he play and who does he keep/push out of the side.
Play him on the wing and watch him run and create...not many have his skills/pace

Occasionally runs himself into trouble but so did Robert Harvey
It's highly doubtful he will play at the elite level in 2020 but if he does it's even more doubtful he will play on wing, extremely doubtful.

That is by no means any disrespect to Hindy, it's more about the caliber of wingmen in front of him. He's just in the wrong club at the wrong time because he could be AFL capable and at times this year I'm sure well be saying he clearly is a cut above the VFL grade.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Typical. Rested for the first pre-season match so now he is not good enough to get a game. After being a shining light in his first season.

Saint supporter since '62
Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

I want him in the team.

I know he doesn't win a lot of the ball but he's one of the most creative skillful guys in the team and he is an offensive weapon when he gets the ball in hand.

I like his delivery into f50 as well, always lowers the eyes and usually hits a target. And he finishes in front of goal pretty well too

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Hind is lightning quick, skillful and makes great decisions. I have him in my best 22. I much prefer him to Kent or Butler. With that said, he might be best utilized as a line breaking half back who can pinch hit on the wing and up forward

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 9:15am
Good question.

Wing?

Small forward

Good, fair post JB.

My response is that I just hope we don’t make the same mistake as previous years of consistently playing those that are meant to be performing better then they are.

If you go through most top 22, between injuries and form... many players will have patches of questionable form and will deserve spells.

Going through the list you’ve posted...
Savage, Webster, Paton, Coffield, Lonie, Long and Butler to name a few are as yet not the locks that they are often made to be... Geary + Clarke are capable of flat patches too.

I think as long as players are picked predominantly on form, there will be plenty of opportunities to go round.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Form for established players is one thing, it can wax and wane, but establishing yourself as an AFL capable player is the first step. It's going to be frustrating for Hind and the fans that rate him when the players they don't rate are getting a game ahead of him. I suspect Hind could become our new White and we consistently hear moaning about selection integrity.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If everyone is fit, then selecting the 22 is extremely difficult.

Plenty of players like Hind that could miss out who are worthy to play.

Battle no certainty.

King will probably play round 1 (and for marketing reasons I would be surprised if they do not), but there is also a strong case to not play him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Secret Kiel
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 6:46pm If everyone is fit, then selecting the 22 is extremely difficult.

Plenty of players like Hind that could miss out who are worthy to play.

Battle no certainty.

King will probably play round 1 (and for marketing reasons I would be surprised if they do not), but there is also a strong case to not play him.
Marketing reasons? The marketing department is run by hipsters who only know about fan engagement on social media and can understand Google analytics reports. Footy not so much. If you agree please hit the like button.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 3:03pm Typical. Rested for the first pre-season match so now he is not good enough to get a game. After being a shining light in his first season.
I’d be interested to see the team you pick Trev and who doesn’t get picked for Hind, assuming all players are available.

Who in this list do you have Hind in front of?

Hill, Billings, Jones, Gresham, Lonie, Geary, Clark, Coffield, Webster, Savage, Paton, Kent, Parker, Phillips, Langlands, Butler, Dunstan, Steele, Ross, Roberton, Wilkie

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 9:15pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 3:03pm Typical. Rested for the first pre-season match so now he is not good enough to get a game. After being a shining light in his first season.
I’d be interested to see the team you pick Trev and who doesn’t get picked for Hind, assuming all players are available.

Hill, Billings, Jones, Gresham, Lonie, Geary, Clark, Coffield, Webster, Savage, Paton, Kent, Parker, Phillips, Langlands, Butler, Dunstan, Steele, Ross, Roberton, Wilkie
Not the point Joff. I'm not picking the team, none of us are. Just pointing out the fact that so many - after one miserable practice match - are prepared to chuck a player on the scrap heap just because they didn't play. Pretty simple isn't it?

Saint supporter since '62
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 9:47pm

Not the point Joff. I'm not picking the team, none of us are. Just pointing out the fact that so many - after one miserable practice match - are prepared to chuck a player on the scrap heap just because they didn't play. Pretty simple isn't it?
Not sure I could find who had written off Hind due to one pre season match but each to their own opinion.

Hind was used as a small forward last season but with the increased midfield depth of Hill, Jones and hopefully Hannebery it makes finding spots for fringe players like Hind more difficult.

As a small forward I’d pick the following ahead of Hind:
Billings, Gresham, Lonie, Sinclair & probably Butler.
Leaving Parker, Kent & Hind all in the mix.

Long now playing back helps the cause a little.

I’m still interested to understand who you’d pick Hind in front of Trev?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020 10:23am
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 22 Feb 2020 9:47pm

Not sure I could find who had written off Hind due to one pre season match but each to their own opinion.

Hind was used as a small forward last season but with the increased midfield depth of Hill, Jones and hopefully Hannebery it makes finding spots for fringe players like Hind more difficult.

As a small forward I’d pick the following ahead of Hind:
Billings, Gresham, Lonie, Sinclair & probably Butler.
Leaving Parker, Kent & Hind all in the mix.

Long now playing back helps the cause a little.

I’m still interested to understand who you’d pick Hind in front of Trev?
I tend to think he's more a forward flanker type and so at this stage he would be competing with Sincs, Buttler and Gresh just for starters, he's an outside type not capable of winning enough of his own ball and lacks a little on the defensive side too, he makes good decisions when receiving out in the wide open but who doesn't.

He really needs to keep working hard and hope the chips fall his way to become best 22 at our club. If I was him I'd consider a trade at the end of this year if he isn't given any opportunity as he's running out of time.