17 Round Season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

17 Round Season

Every one plays everyone else once (if it happens at all). That means a new fixture.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
StPeter
Club Player

Re: 17 Round Season

That means some teams get 8 home games and some get 7.

It will be interesting how they balance out interstate trips and will the high drawing clubs like Collingwood still be favoured when there are empty stadiums?

Will private planes be used to transport players?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The whole thing is a sh*tshow at this point, should just call it all off.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:05am The whole thing is a sh*tshow at this point, should just call it all off.

No worse than the common cold. eh? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:05am The whole thing is a sh*tshow at this point, should just call it all off.
Trump's advocating a 'gathering limit' of 10 people.

Should Schlomo follow suit, we'll be stuck with 5 a side!

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:17am

For everyone but your fellow boomers :)

But that’s irrelevant, as the extreme measures put in place have taken it out of the AFL’s hands. One positive test and they’ll shut the whole things down, which is 100% going to happen. Then for how long? Nobody knows.

Also, no need to stalk my every post. Your obsession with me is getting a bit of a ‘Single White Female’ vibe :shock:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:29am

But that’s irrelevant, as the extreme measures put in place have taken it out of the AFL’s hands. One positive test and they’ll shut the whole things down, which is 100% going to happen. Then for how long? Nobody knows.

Also, no need to stalk my every post. Your obsession with me is getting a bit of a ‘Single White Female’ vibe :shock:
Me stalk you??? Bahahahahaha.

And for the last time, I am not a boomer.

Last warning to you. I can call up a dozen articles that say "okay boomer "is an insulting term. More than happy to let the mods decide if I'm correct too.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 10:07am

Last warning to you. I can call up a dozen articles that say "okay boomer "is an insulting term. More than happy to let the mods decide if I'm correct too.
Lol, last warning? How typical. This coming from the king of the insult, nickname and rollyeyes.

How about your constant stalking and baiting? Lucky reporting people isn’t my style.

I guess I just have thicker skin.

How about you STOP quoting my every post? I’m not the one constantly seeking your posts out.

And also STOP derailing threads with your obsession with me. I can imagine it’s quite annoying for others.

If you’re so upset, just ignore me, like I ignore you. Simple.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

What utter over reactive bullsh*t!

I see the NRL are proceeding with closed doors, better than slashing the season.

It appears from reports, that AFL players are been dictated to by their Union regarding pay cuts and shortening of the season.

I would suggest that the players insist they're available for 22 H/A games and they're not taking a pay cut. If they're Union doesn't agree they could resign from their Union and make it irrelevant.

The Government can only sustain these measures for 4 to 6 weeks maximum. If it goes on longer the economy will be annihilated.

Yet could we expect anything but haphazard incompetence from Gilligan and the AFL Commission!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The AFL aren’t on their own with this, every major sports league around the world is postponed or cancelled. Trying to tac together a season between who knows how many breaks will be a disaster. The season will have no legitimacy.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The_Dud wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 11:59am The AFL aren’t on their own with this, every major sports league around the world is postponed or cancelled. Trying to tac together a season between who knows how many breaks will be a disaster. The season will have no legitimacy.
Correct- Italy, a nation of 60 million, has stopped its soccer league (Serie A)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 10:41am

Lol, last warning? How typical. This coming from the king of the insult, nickname and rollyeyes.

How about your constant stalking and baiting? Lucky reporting people isn’t my style.

How about you STOP quoting my every post? I’m not the one constantly seeking your posts out.

And also STOP derailing threads with your obsession with me. I can imagine it’s quite annoying for others.

Pointing out how wrong you were about this virus seems to have upset you Chuck. Thin skinned I would say, and pot kettle black re the stalking and insults. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post rubbish, then expect to get called out.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 1:43pm

Pointing out how wrong you were about this virus seems to have upset you Chuck. Thin skinned I would say, and pot kettle black re the stalking and insults. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nope. No matter what Andrew or Tracey have told you, what I’ve said re the virus is 100% fact. And the good thing about facts is that they’re true whether you believe them or not.

I’m happy to have back and forths, doesn’t bother me, but this is a public forum and I doubt others appreciate you constantly stalking my posts an derailing threads.

PM me if you’re so desperate to chat (where you also can’t hide behind teacher), but show some respect for other forumites.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

grubby AFLPA have raised 22..................

saint4life
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 6:29pm
saynta wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 1:43pm

Nope. No matter what Andrew or Tracey have told you, what I’ve said re the virus is 100% fact. And the good thing about facts is that they’re true whether you believe them or not.

I’m happy to have back and forths, doesn’t bother me, but this is a public forum and I doubt others appreciate you constantly stalking my posts an derailing threads.

PM me if you’re so desperate to chat (where you also can’t hide behind teacher), but show some respect for other forumites.
PM you?. You would have to e f****** joking . :roll: :roll: :roll:

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Well for mine I've always thought it made more sense for every team to play each other team once. Pity its taken a pandemic for such a sensible fixture to prevail!

saintbob
SS Life Member

I very much doubt we’ll see 2 rounds let alone 17

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote: Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:48pm I very much doubt we’ll see 2 rounds let alone 17
I’ll be surprised if we make it all the way through the first.