How is your St Kilda compass spinning? ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

How is your St Kilda compass spinning? ....

... in this tragedy and madness of 2020?

I find myself hyper-focused and riding the roller coaster game-to-game like I haven’t since I was a young teen.

How are you keeping your bottle?

We could potentially lose to the worst team, the most diabolically ruined, publicly deconstructed, humiliated and embarrassed team I can remember since the AFL started.

It is all on the cards. Have you adopted a ‘anything goes’ attitude?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: How is your St Kilda compass spinning? ....

I can't wait until we're playing multiple games a week! We've got a largely healthy list that aren't playing, so hopefully if we have to play every 4 or 5 days they'll get a crack!
I'm fine with the year. I'd hate to be a club that couldn't handle this year, siting winless on the bottom. It would be bleak.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

south

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

2020 is a year like NO other.

StKilda however, manages to be typical StKilda, with the fans riding on their rollercoaster ride.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
older saint
SS Life Member

2020 is the year where the compass no longer always points North

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Must win this week (well, technically next week, but you know what I mean). Adelaide are the new Gold Coast. However, they are very capable of an upset win at home in front of a crowd.
We win this week and this season is still well and truly alive; lose and it gets tougher.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

This season is like a lightning premiership and about as interesting. Low scores combined with the childhood games of keepings-off and British bulldog.

My interest level in footy is at an all-time low.

Saint supporter since '62
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Its starting to settle nicely. From this spot last year I think the consensus was that we were sinking under Admiral Richardson and needed GWS' Kelly to stop us going bottom. Now all three topics rarely figure in discussions. Or unfortunate #1 picks. Bearing seems altogether better.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

NNE

Pretty much as expected with some magnetic interference.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

My needle flew off after the Roos game....found it , put it back on and the whole compass exploded after the freo game... I now put a stick in the grd and watch the sun.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sat 18 Jul 2020 5:41pm My needle flew off after the Roos game....found it , put it back on and the whole compass exploded after the freo game... I now put a stick in the grd and watch the sun.

ha ha...love it...picturing an exploding compass! Good luck with that stick.

Sanctorum
Club Player

My St Kilda compass is one of those old fashioned shiny brass vintage ship's devices on the wall of my study and right now the needle is pointing to stormy weather ahead, with a chance of strong winds and rain - could be to do with the team heading to Adelaide for the next 2 games.

Monday's still a few days away so I'll keep tapping the glass to urge the needle back to calmer waters and sunny skies.... :)

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 18 Jul 2020 7:08pm My St Kilda compass is one of those old fashioned shiny brass vintage ship's devices on the wall of my study and right now the needle is pointing to stormy weather ahead, with a chance of strong winds and rain - could be to do with the team heading to Adelaide for the next 2 games.

Monday's still a few days away so I'll keep tapping the glass to urge the needle back to calmer waters and sunny skies.... :)
[/quote
Sanctorum wrote: Sat 18 Jul 2020 7:08pm My St Kilda compass is one of those old fashioned shiny brass vintage ship's devices on the wall of my study and right now the needle is pointing to stormy weather ahead, with a chance of strong winds and rain - could be to do with the team heading to Adelaide for the next 2 games.

Make sure you tap the glass properly over the quadrant where had once written “Wellar”, then “Newnes” and now “Kent”.

casey scorp
Club Player

Your compass is a barometer :D

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote: Sat 18 Jul 2020 11:32pm

My hectopascals are off the chart

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

NWESWENESE

takeaway
Club Player

20°21" N

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

My head compass just can’t get around the fact we are favourites against Adelaide in Adelaide. Isn’t that meant to be a 60 point loss? For 9 years it has. Tex Walker must be stoked to be playing us this week, we played him back into form last year, maybe he can extend his career another year by smashing us. Perhaps because I’ve watched less footy this season I haven’t seen how horrible Adelaide are but I can’t get my head around us beating Adelaide until I’ve watched it and then the replay also.

Sanctorum
Club Player

casey scorp wrote: Sat 18 Jul 2020 11:32pm

So it bloody well is, what was I thinking..... :oops: got my navigation instruments mixed up...

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
asiu
Saintsational Legend

:D

out by a millibar or two

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="Goose is king" post_id=1853144 time=1595116013 user_id=17709]
My head compass just can’t get around the fact we are favourites against Adelaide in Adelaide. Isn’t that meant to be a 60 point loss? For 9 years it has. Tex Walker must be stoked to be playing us this week, we played him back into form last year, maybe he can extend his career another year by smashing us. Perhaps because I’ve watched less footy this season I haven’t seen how horrible Adelaide are but I can’t get my head around us beating Adelaide until I’ve watched it and then the replay also.
[/quote]

We played Tex back into form again but thank god we won. PS won’t be watching replay