Off Season Targets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

beebarry
Club Player

Off Season Targets

OK so with 2 weeks to wait until we get to play again, I wonder what our recruiters are looking at for 2021 ? Screw the draft - we have a top 6 side now and good drafting gets us to top 4 IMO.

My 2 cents worth

GO HARD for:

Jye Caldwell - 10 year midfielder - skills and smarts
Charlie Constable - 10 year midfielder - 6'3 will be a midfield beast and upside aplenty.
Peter Wright forward/ruck rotation for now and when Paddy retires. 2 meter talent for probably not massive $$$. We wont get Ben King as much as its a romantic notion and even if we did we would have to sell the farm.

DONT WASTE $$$$ or TIME on.

Zac Williams (good player but will want megabucks and possibly slightly overrated)
Brad Crouch (good accumulator but we need variety and a list of 10 players to rotate through the middle - not one gun)
Anyone else over 25.

TRADE BAIT to make it happen. ( 4 of these would hurt to see them go but gotta be ruthless and gotta give to get. )

Draft picks - whatever combos we have and can get.
Seb Ross
Luke Dunstan
Jimmy Webster
Jake Carlisle

Need to do this Saints ....time is now .....

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: Off Season Targets

No, we don't have to do it. Now is not the time, your trade baits are contracted and valuable contributors to our team current and future. And I include Jimmy Webster in this comment.

Saint supporter since '62
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Don’t want Williams at all.

Young true midfielders should be the targets.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Reckon Williams is a little overrated. I didn’t like what I saw on a Friday night.

I wasn’t that impressed with Kelly either.

Are we any chance to get Saad? This would allow Clark to move to the midfield.

Another midfielder as well would really help.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 7:27pm Reckon Williams is a little overrated. I didn’t like what I saw on a Friday night.

I wasn’t that impressed with Kelly either.

Are we any chance to get Saad? This would allow Clark to move to the midfield.

Another midfielder as well would really help.

Looks like Williams is going to Blues

I wouldn't judge based on last game. Clearly something wrong at GWS and players playing accordingly.

Williams under Ratten at Moorabin would shine.

Nee!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Williams Carlton bound focus on Caldwell

“Yeah….nah””
ace
Saintsational Legend

Carlton have delisted Hugh Goddard.
We could get him for nothing along with Paddy McCartin and clog the list perfectly.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

beebarry wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 6:25pm OK so with 2 weeks to wait until we get to play again, I wonder what our recruiters are looking at for 2021 ? Screw the draft - we have a top 6 side now and good drafting gets us to top 4 IMO.

My 2 cents worth

GO HARD for:

Charlie Constable - 10 year midfielder - 6'3 will be a midfield beast and upside aplenty.
Peter Wright forward/ruck rotation for now and when Paddy retires. 2 meter talent for probably not massive $$$. We wont get Ben King as much as its a romantic notion and even if we did we would have to sell the farm.

Zac Williams (good player but will want megabucks and possibly slightly overrated)
Brad Crouch (good accumulator but we need variety and a list of 10 players to rotate through the middle - not one gun)
Anyone else over 25.

TRADE BAIT to make it happen. ( 4 of these would hurt to see them go but gotta be ruthless and gotta give to get. )

Seb Ross
Luke Dunstan
Jimmy Webster
Jake Carlisle

Good aggressive trading, I like it!

I'd keep Ross unless there is a good offer but would trade the other three for anything decent.

Wouldn't touch Constable as he is slow and in my opinion will struggle to be a top line mid.

Only seen a little of Caldwell and he looks the goods, go for it.

Have been spruiking 2 meter Peter for a while, is talented and could be valuable at the right price.
Needs to toughen up a little.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 8:55pm
beebarry wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 6:25pm OK so with 2 weeks to wait until we get to play again, I wonder what our recruiters are looking at for 2021 ? Screw the draft - we have a top 6 side now and good drafting gets us to top 4 IMO.

My 2 cents worth

GO HARD for:

Anyone else over 25.

Seb Ross
Luke Dunstan
Jimmy Webster
Jake Carlisle

I'd keep Ross unless there is a good offer but would trade the other three for anything decent.

Wouldn't touch Constable as he is slow and in my opinion will struggle to be a top line mid.

Have been spruiking 2 meter Peter for a while, is talented and could be valuable at the right price.
Fair calls.

I think that Luke Parker might be at Moorabbin next season. I can’t prove, it’s just a gut feeling.
Same with Caldwell.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:00pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 8:55pm

My 2 cents worth

GO HARD for:

Anyone else over 25.

Seb Ross
Luke Dunstan
Jimmy Webster
Jake Carlisle

Fair calls.

I think that Luke Parker might be at Moorabbin next season. I can’t prove, it’s just a gut feeling.
Same with Caldwell.
Happy with both of them.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 8:48pm Carlton have delisted Hugh Goddard.
We could get him for nothing along with Paddy McCartin and clog the list perfectly.
:D

Nee!
silverhalo
Club Player

We need to target Andrew McGrath from Essendon......gun midfielder out of contract and could be part of a mass exodus from Essendon - players don't seem to be happy at all.

Bayside boy who would fit in very nicely at Moorabbin....come on guys, let's get it done!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Same with Caldwell.
Caldwell is out of contract.

Parker is not, which would increase his trade cost.

Sydney Swans Out of Contract Players
Joel Amartey
James Bell
Kaiden Brand
Ryan Clarke
Zac Foot
Robbie Fox
George Hewett
Michael Knoll
Matthew Ling
Jack Maibaum
Hayden McLean
Lewis Melican
Barry O’Connor
Ben Ronke
Brady Rowles
Ryley Stoddart
Jackson Thurlow
Sam Wicks

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Jye Caldwell should have a massive red white and black target on his chest

Nee!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:29pm

Same with Caldwell.

Joel Amartey
James Bell
Kaiden Brand
Ryan Clarke
Zac Foot
Robbie Fox
George Hewett
Michael Knoll
Matthew Ling
Jack Maibaum
Hayden McLean
Lewis Melican
Barry O’Connor
Ben Ronke
Brady Rowles
Ryley Stoddart
Jackson Thurlow
Sam Wicks
Fair enough. I’m not advocating recruiting him. It was just a feeling I had and both clubs appear to have a good relationship in regards to trading players etc.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:37pm Jye Caldwell should have a massive red white and black target on his chest
1 bazillion % agree.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:49pm
saintsRrising wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 9:29pm

Same with Caldwell.

Joel Amartey
James Bell
Kaiden Brand
Ryan Clarke
Zac Foot
Robbie Fox
George Hewett
Michael Knoll
Matthew Ling
Jack Maibaum
Hayden McLean
Lewis Melican
Barry O’Connor
Ben Ronke
Brady Rowles
Ryley Stoddart
Jackson Thurlow
Sam Wicks
Fair enough. I’m not advocating recruiting him. It was just a feeling I had and both clubs appear to have a good relationship in regards to trading players etc.
The only way that we’d get Parker using anything like what Picks we have in the draft would be if the Swines need a salary dump to make room for an incoming player.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

My 2 cents worth

GO HARD for:

Anyone else over 25.

Seb Ross
Luke Dunstan
Jimmy Webster
Jake Carlisle

Happy with that
Keep hearing club interested RCD from tigers big bodied mid so either him or Constable does it for me

“Yeah….nah””
shadrock
Club Player

Williams nominating a losing team like Carlton over us tells you absolutely everything you need to know about him.

stkfc1
Club Player

Ross Dunstan Carlsie off if the price is right. We can cover them and gotta give something to get something. Webster I'd like to see what he does in Ratts lead team. He can kick and hard as a cat's head. He'd slot into HBF and Clark goes mid. We've only seen Webster in poor teams, I'd like to see him in a decent one. Reckon he'd go ok. IMO.

johnearljames
Club Player

Williams nominated Carlton.

Luke Parker...hmm....😎

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 11:40pm Ross Dunstan Carlsie off if the price is right. We can cover them and gotta give something to get something. Webster I'd like to see what he does in Ratts lead team. He can kick and hard as a cat's head. He'd slot into HBF and Clark goes mid. We've only seen Webster in poor teams, I'd like to see him in a decent one. Reckon he'd go ok. IMO.
Unfortunately, he is available less than Hannerbery.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 11:40pm Ross Dunstan Carlsie off if the price is right. We can cover them and gotta give something to get something. Webster I'd like to see what he does in Ratts lead team. He can kick and hard as a cat's head. He'd slot into HBF and Clark goes mid. We've only seen Webster in poor teams, I'd like to see him in a decent one. Reckon he'd go ok. IMO.
Could Jimmy still be part of the best 22 if Hunter can make the transition into the midfield. Jimmy is quality but we are well stocked for HBFs.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

shadrock wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 10:56pm Williams nominating a losing team like Carlton over us tells you absolutely everything you need to know about him.
This is good news for us.

Despite their so-so list, Carlton have salary cap pressure. Adding Williams could take them out of play when it comes to our targets.

beebarry
Club Player

Trev from the Bush wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 6:32pm No, we don't have to do it. Now is not the time, your trade baits are contracted and valuable contributors to our team current and future. And I include Jimmy Webster in this comment.
Fair enough Trev - agree to disagree. I think our time IS now but I agree that the Trade Baits I mentioned are valuable and I would hate to lose them. Seb is underrated, I love Jimmy Webster, and I think Dunstan is honest as the day is long. Just trying to find some bait that has any value.

We could put Savage, Roberton, McKenzie, Joyce, Parker and probably others but I don't know what they are worth to others. If we could keep all the ones I mentioned as bait then I would be wrapt but just dont think we will get what we want with draft picks