Dare to Dream boys...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cordz2
Club Player

Dare to Dream boys...

I know most expect Richmond's finals experience, myriad of stars and pressure system to account for the Saints comfortably tonight. Most St. Kilda supporters are in this group with our missing players this week. After all, we have already exceeded expectations this year. BUT... I have a feeling we're not done!

Some of MY reasons for being able to polish off the Tigers tonight are:
  • Dusty doesn't usually take us apart
    The teams that beat us this year took on strategies specifically designed to negate us. Richmond won't do that.
    The weakness Richmond has is negating fast teams who get out the back on turnover when they rush forward.
    Richmond won't have the 100,000 MCG crowd to cheer them on.
    Last week would have shocked them into realising they are vulnerable even in finals - a feeling they've not known in the last 3 years.
    Richmond have an air of aggressive arrogance about them this year that wasn't there in previous years. Shown at the top by their pugnacious and cocky coach blaming umpiring when they are not winning.
    They have ALL the pressure on them.
    This year is different from any other year and the team that embraces change the best will be best suited. Ratts has been outstanding with this.
    Nathan's Brown retirement note showed the genuine belief that exists in this group.
    Membrey is due for a big game - So is Kent, so is Butler, so is Steele after last week.
    • All i can say to finish is..."GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Re: Dare to Dream boys...

I'm not nervous at all. I'm excitedly anticipating a 5pm knock-off from work ... brisk walk and a quick work-out down the park and head home to begin cracking in on the slab of Carlsberg I put in the fridge this morning. Normally, I'm a nervous wreck - couldn't even eat last Sat before the game.

I reckon we've got nothing to lose (yes, it's a final so I get the 'we've got a final to win' thing) and we've got important soldiers going out just as they're getting some back. The boys and our club have been magnificent this year - exceeded my expectations so, all I hope for tonight is that if we go down - then we go down swinging and playing our way.

I'd love to turf the Tiggas in straight sets tonight - they can go suck a bag of fat ones for being sooky grubs all year.

C'mon Sainters!!!

Go you red, black & white warriors
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Load up big.

At $3.75 pundits are saying why would you, I'm saying why not.

The crappiest year known to man kind doesn't mean you can't take a little earner on the way through.

Keeping it real...but keeping it interesting.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

$4 now.

I consider this game extremely winnable.

We will have a plan and a system and the list is good enough to execute.

I'm looking for that Max King breakout of the Paddy 2's.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 09 Oct 2020 12:57pm I'm not nervous at all. I'm excitedly anticipating a 5pm knock-off from work ... brisk walk and a quick work-out down the park and head home to begin cracking in on the slab of Carlsberg I put in the fridge this morning. Normally, I'm a nervous wreck - couldn't even eat last Sat before the game.

I reckon we've got nothing to lose (yes, it's a final so I get the 'we've got a final to win' thing) and we've got important soldiers going out just as they're getting some back. The boys and our club have been magnificent this year - exceeded my expectations so, all I hope for tonight is that if we go down - then we go down swinging and playing our way.

I'd love to turf the Tiggas in straight sets tonight - they can go suck a bag of fat ones for being sooky grubs all year.

C'mon Sainters!!!

Yep very similar position.
Not nervous.
Confident we will give a good showing and who knows what might happen.
Ratten in the Box, Rpughy in the dug out....Great combo.

We will learn a huge amount tonight.

Collingwoods effort against West Coast is the sort of upset that should inspire the boys.

I want a big game from Billings tonight.

Go the Mighty Sainters

Nee!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CARNA SAINTS

AuckSaint
Club Player

I’m not saying we’re favourites but I think we’re a great, great chance. Momentum is a great thing this time of year and we’re building not spluttering...I really think tonight should be a belter and well be in it all night. Last time we played the Tigers I thought we were no chance and was pleasantly surprised- tonight no reason we can’t repeat it. And the pressure is on them not us - no one expects us to win.

Go Saints!!

1 of the 10,000 NZ Saints members
Peanut Farm
Club Player

I've placed a few multi's on us tonight. I'm pumped, nothing to lose and the boys should go out all guns blazing. We beat the Dogs & Tigers this year and were under dogs in both games. Very very win-able.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have dreamed to dare for so long now I now dream to dare

The Craw
Club Player

Richmond are the Karen's of the AFL. Nothing would please me more than seeing them melt down over a loss to the Saints.

Not Craw, CRAW!