Saints looking at Brodie Mihocek?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Faulky63
Club Player

Saints looking at Brodie Mihocek?

SAINTS MAY ‘HAVE A CRACK’ AT KEY FORWARD

St Kilda is said to be weighing up a late bid at Collingwood’s leading goalkicker Brody Mihocek, but a conflicting report suggests he’s set to re-sign.

Seven’s Mark Stevens reported on Wednesday morning the Saints were looking into luring Mihocek across.

“I’m hearing St Kilda are looking at having a crack at Brody Mihocek - he’d be perfect there. Watch this space on the Saints,” he said on RSN 927.

However SEN’s Sam Edmund expects the Magpies to lock down the key forward on a three-year deal soon.

“Just joining the dots, I think Brody Mihocek will stay (at Collingwood),” he said on SEN’s Whateley.

“They’re just going through the particulars at the moment and he’s got that three-year offer in front of him.”

Mihocek and the Magpies were said last week to be a ways apart on the financial aspect of his new deal.

The 27-year-old has not been on huge money so far in his late-developing AFL career, given he was a rookie draft pick in 2017.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints looking at Brodie Mihocek?

Upping his cost to the Pies as a favour to his manager?

Been done before.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Where we gonna play him?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Just get a gun midfielder FFS....Max, ROMA, Membrey and Battle....enough to trouble any team.....Another preseason into Max and he'll go nuts.

Nee!
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

We desperately need a strong kpp in forward. King will excel if he can roam chf to ff like St Nick.

St Nick started his career with forward powerhouses in Gehrig, Hamill, Loewe, Hall...Nick says he never would have developed his game without these on field mentors....who does King have? Membrey?

Nick said twice on air Saints have to find a kpp in ff asap.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

I really rate Brodie...nice to dream.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Could've kep bruce afterall.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Wed 14 Oct 2020 7:10pm Where we gonna play him?
This is the part I do not quite grasp.

Ryder went so well that starting 22 will have Ryder, Marshall and King in it.

Add that Battle who can play there. Plus the shorter Membrey, who is also a marking target.

So are to we to play a forward line with say all of Mihocek/Brown, Marshal/Ryder, King and Membrey in it.....with Battle floating in and out?

Or is meant to be rotating one big tall out to rest each week?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SinCitySainter
Club Player

Mihocek would allow us to play Battle down back, which in my opinion is his stronger position.
As we don't know what is happening with Carlilse it maybe in response to his position.
I would certainly prefer Mihocek to Ben Brown.
Brown is a better goal kicker but Mihocek is more likely to soak up the physical stuff freeing up Max a bit.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

Word is that Mihocek has chosen the Saints!
Last edited by SaintPelican66 on Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:49pm Word is that Mihocek has cghosen the Saints!
Yeah, but chosen is spelt CHOSEN FFS. No G :wink: :wink:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:49pm Word is that Mihocek has cghosen the Saints!
Please get off.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:32pm Mihocek would allow us to play Battle down back, which in my opinion is his stronger position.
As we don't know what is happening with Carlilse it maybe in response to his position.
Brown is a better goal kicker but Mihocek is more likely to soak up the physical stuff freeing up Max a bit.
We can play Battle down back now. Even with Battle down back that still means a forward line of:

King
Ryder/Marshall
Mihocek/Brown
Membrey

Now Mihocek makes more sense than Brown for balance. But that still looks cumbersome to me. Now yes WCE do play 3 talls. But we would be going for 3 plus Membrey.

And while Battle is a good backman, against some teams Howard alone is not enough. We need two 200cm backs, and until Howard builds up more the bigger bodied Carlisle suits some opponents better.

Now maybe they think they can get a great trade price for Carlisle (which I doubt) and that will help us to land us an elite mid in which case it makes more sense. However Rats post-Tigers game has indicated that Carlisle is being offered a deal.

ace
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 14 Oct 2020 5:27pm Upping his cost to the Pies as a favour to his manager?

Been done before.
A pleasure making life difficult for Eddie.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:54pm
What G? :P :lol:

SaintPelican66
Club Player

CURLY wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:55pm
Please get off.
Pardon?

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:59pm
SinCitySainter wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:32pm Mihocek would allow us to play Battle down back, which in my opinion is his stronger position.
We can play Battle down back now. Even with Battle down back that still means a forward line of:

King
Ryder/Marshall
Mihocek/Brown
Membrey

Now Mihocek makes more sense than Brown for balance. But that still looks cumbersome to me. Now yes WCE do play 3 talls. But we would be going for 3 plus Membrey.

And while Battle is a good backman, against some teams Howard alone is not enough. We need two 200cm backs, and until Howard builds up more the bigger bodied Carlisle suits some opponents better.

Now maybe they think they can get a great trade price for Carlisle (which I doubt) and that will help us to land us an elite mid in which case it makes more sense. However Rats post-Tigers game has indicated that Carlisle is being offered a deal.
I prefer not to lose Carlisle but if anyone is prepared to give us pick 20 or better then I would take it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintPelican66 wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:23pm
I prefer not to lose Carlisle but if anyone is prepared to give us pick 20 or better then I would take it.
At 29 , and with some past -injuries I doubt any club would.

At best we might gain Bruce like value pick wise. And Carlisle is a much better player for us that Bruce was when he left.

I also think that with all the youth in our backline that having an older and more experienced player in Carlisle helps the others to play better.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

King
Ryder/Marshall
Mihocek/Brown
Membrey

Oh yeah, I am sure we can snag an elite 200cm CHB in the draft with pick 20. Get real ffs.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

If we get Brodie the preferred option is to play him back. Yes that is correct. Back. Battle forward.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

saynta wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 1:54pm
... maybe "chosen" should be spelt "cosen" in Miho"c"ek's case ....anyway, welcome on board, if true.
We'd have an awesome forward line ... taking ten F50 marks each week, minimum.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

saynta wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 3:29pm

King
Ryder/Marshall
Mihocek/Brown
Membrey

Oh yeah, I am sure we can snag an elite 200cm CHB in the draft with pick 20. Get real ffs.
Saynta.....if we did get pick 20 or better we would use the pick in order to help us get Taranto and Caldwell. Then they would fill Carlisle's spot with a combination of Battle, Joyce and Clavarino. This is list management at its best. Next query please?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bizarre.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

King
Ryder/Marshall
Mihocek/Brown
Membrey

Would it be as cumbersome as:

Riewoldt
Hamill
Loewe
Gehrig
Everitt
Koschitzke

2001 team

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 15 Oct 2020 5:22pm

Would it be as cumbersome as:

Riewoldt
Hamill
Loewe
Gehrig
Everitt
Koschitzke

2001 team
2001 back in the day eh, and an era where your key forwards played differently.

However no as:
1/ GTrain was then the GBack as he was playing Full Back and not Full Forward.
2/ Roo and Kosi had only just been drafted and that was their first year and they hardly played in the firsts.

However you forgot Hall. But having Roo and Kosi probably one reason apart from GT no being able to handle him that the Saints traded away Hall.

Everitt mainly rucked, but yes snagged goals like very few rucks could/can, and yes sometimes played as a key forward. Everitt could also pick up groundballs better than Marshall can.

So 2001 key forwards were Lowe and Hall. Hamill was a small third forward at 184cm (vs Membrey at 190cm)..