2020 DRAFT...top 3 & what we get

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

2020 DRAFT...top 3 & what we get

Hi
Anyone interested in guessing the top 3 best and who we will take?

I reckon the best 3 players in the draft are:

#1 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - saw him play a scratch match at Scotch College - he kicked 11.1. The damn ball was addicted to this guys hands... it couldnt resist.

#2 Denver Grainger-Barras - what a tall defender, that plays smalls or talls- saw him clamp down a rampaging Logan McDonald.

#3 Riley Thilthorpe - watching this SA lad dominate like a 4th midfielder, scooping up balls smalls couldn't grab then driving his 201cm frame into outer space, I desperately wish we could grab him!!

Our picks : 21, 64, 67, 74, 93

The good news is there's a strong lot of talls in the top end and we hopefully will get a KPF or KPD or out of this 1st round.

#21 - Caleb Poulter - a fantastic SA lad finished with avgs of 24 possessions, 6 marks 1.2 goals - quite nice for a tall mid / forward or if he's on the board Stuart boy - Tommy Powell - crafty mid avgs of 35 disposals, 9 clearances, 6 inside 50's could be gold.

If we want a KPF/D Nick Cox at 199 cm is fast and clever, plays so damn clever. I think this is one of the smartest young guns Ive seen in a while. He played wing, forward, defender and chf all in 4 games for Vic Metro. He is the real deal.

#64 - so unknown who will be left but there's lots of talls in this draft and I suspect a development ruck gets the nod.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2020 DRAFT...top 3 & what we get

I think

#21 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

#64 Denver Grainger-Barras -

#67 Riley Thilthorpe

because well just because I want it

ace
Saintsational Legend

Actually at the moment we don't have any picks in the draft.
They are only potential.
First they must be activated by clearing space on our senior list.
There are 38 players presently on the senior list.
Activating at least one will be mandatory with senior list sizes reduced to 37.
Two players must be delisted to enable that first activation.

Six senior list players have yet to sign a contract for 2021.
Carlisle
Lonie
Clavarino
Marsh
Savage
Phillips

Choose the two you want delisted then if you want to activate more picks keep delisting.
At 64, 67, 74, and 93
We maybe able ease the situation by moving up to 3 contracted players to the rookie list but that can be messy.
We may also be able to buy out a few list clogger contracts.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
stkfc1
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 10:04pm Hi
Anyone interested in guessing the top 3 best and who we will take?

I reckon the best 3 players in the draft are:

#1 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - saw him play a scratch match at Scotch College - he kicked 11.1. The damn ball was addicted to this guys hands... it couldnt resist.

#2 Denver Grainger-Barras - what a tall defender, that plays smalls or talls- saw him clamp down a rampaging Logan McDonald.

#3 Riley Thilthorpe - watching this SA lad dominate like a 4th midfielder, scooping up balls smalls couldn't grab then driving his 201cm frame into outer space, I desperately wish we could grab him!!

Our picks : 21, 64, 67, 74, 93

The good news is there's a strong lot of talls in the top end and we hopefully will get a KPF or KPD or out of this 1st round.

#21 - Caleb Poulter - a fantastic SA lad finished with avgs of 24 possessions, 6 marks 1.2 goals - quite nice for a tall mid / forward or if he's on the board Stuart boy - Tommy Powell - crafty mid avgs of 35 disposals, 9 clearances, 6 inside 50's could be gold.

If we want a KPF/D Nick Cox at 199 cm is fast and clever, plays so damn clever. I think this is one of the smartest young guns Ive seen in a while. He played wing, forward, defender and chf all in 4 games for Vic Metro. He is the real deal.

#64 - so unknown who will be left but there's lots of talls in this draft and I suspect a development ruck gets the nod.
Like either Powell or Cox. Ive seen a bit of both with highlight reels.

We do need more tall defenders and at 199cm, Cox would be a fantastic get. Moves really well for a big guy, can jump and good user of the ball. Like all beanpoles, needs some gym time but he's already a good size.

st sandy
Club Player

We need to draft a ruckman
With only paddy and Marshall ready to go - anther developing tall is required
Leave the basketballer to the side For a yea or two

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Thu 12 Nov 2020 10:50pm Actually at the moment we don't have any picks in the draft.
They are only potential.
First they must be activated by clearing space on our senior list.
There are 38 players presently on the senior list.
Activating at least one will be mandatory with senior list sizes reduced to 37.
Two players must be delisted to enable that first activation.

Six senior list players have yet to sign a contract for 2021.
Carlisle
Lonie
Clavarino
Marsh
Savage
Phillips

Choose the two you want delisted then if you want to activate more picks keep delisting.
At 64, 67, 74, and 93
We maybe able ease the situation by moving up to 3 contracted players to the rookie list but that can be messy.
We may also be able to buy out a few list clogger contracts.
Of that list, it has to be Lonie and Marsh IMO

With the added midfield depth in addition to the small forwards...
We have Gresh, Billings, Butler, Kent, Higgins, and possibly SInclair that could all rotate between there and the midfield (with the exception of Kent).
In addition IMO Phillips is far more versatile than both and showed a lot more potential in 2020 and Savage is ready made depth.