Great Interview of Brett Ratten on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sanctorum
Club Player

Great Interview of Brett Ratten on SEN

Bereft as we all are of anything terribly interesting or exciting during this off-season, I really enjoyed listening to the boys at SEN this morning speaking with Brett Ratten on how the club and team is travelling:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/08/ ... iscretion/

Interesting to hear that unlike some other clubs, the coaches decided to delay time trials until after the full list is back on the track in the new year, makes a lot of sense....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Re: Great Interview of Brett Ratten on SEN

Love what he says about trust and players taking responsibility.

Players will be lining up to play under this regime....lining up!

Nee!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 09 Dec 2020 4:45pm Bereft as we all are of anything terribly interesting or exciting during this off-season, I really enjoyed listening to the boys at SEN this morning speaking with Brett Ratten on how the club and team is travelling:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/12/08/ ... iscretion/

Interesting to hear that unlike some other clubs, the coaches decided to delay time trials until after the full list is back on the track in the new year, makes a lot of sense....
Its ironic, I was also recently observing SS is a bit on the quieter-than-normal side, even for the off season, and so I concluded it was a positive sign. The normal discontent of past seasons of disappointment always seem to come into sharp focus about this time of year on SS and somehow become a cottage industry all of its own. But here we are, nothing to grizzle about.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

@nothing to grizzle about

looking forward to the listen
ta for the link S

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

yes

we have a good one

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 10 Dec 2020 2:12am yes

we have a good one
Ratten, Lethlean, Rath, Gallagher, Roughie, DOS, Liberatore. We have all bases covered beautifully with little reason for treason or concern. 'Together we rise'

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Good interview there is no doubt Ratts is our man. It was interesting when they discussed the Tigers SF how Ratts highlighted how much we missed Paddy and didnt take our chances on goals. Hes right of course but Paddy isnt going to be around for too much longer, thats why I am surprised we didnt chase another ruckman in either draft?

We have however added to our centre clearances with Brad Crouch coming in - thats if he can stay on the park?

Ratts said the coaching team had made tweaks to the game plan I hope its to cope with teams who like to control the ball like Geelong. They have had the wood on us for years and have that much arrogance when they play us its dripping off them.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Thu 10 Dec 2020 1:16pm Good interview there is no doubt Ratts is our man. It was interesting when they discussed the Tigers SF how Ratts highlighted how much we missed Paddy and didnt take our chances on goals. Hes right of course but Paddy isnt going to be around for too much longer, thats why I am surprised we didnt chase another ruckman in either draft?
I'm hoping that we snare another ready made gun ruck to replace Paddy when the time comes. No need to take another 18 year old beanpole who is 7 years off playing good footy. Quality rucks change clubs all the time.