Duthie is writing a "Tell All" book...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Duthie is writing a "Tell All" book...

Apparently for "closure". An odd way of going about it.

She claims the truth needs to be spoken, another interesting claim considering she found fame or infamy on the back of lies.

Does she only appear when St Kilda is claiming some credibility or respect? Are we her personal PR machine? I am guessing this "book" will begin in the $2 bin and go backwards quickly.

Fingers crossed she uses her own photos and not stolen ones.

The Billings Method
Club Player

Re: Duthie is writing a "Tell All" book...

How predictable. Wringing the last drop of blood from the stone. Closure? At least I've had one laugh from her. This is about opening old wounds and exploiting the voyeuristic nature of the general pop.

I wonder who her agent/publisher is? No doubt the usual round of trashy MSM appearances will eventuate. How sad for her. I hope she's had and continues to access effective therapy.

This is a classic example of someone who's been given all the gifts life has to offer. Physically attractive, a fine athlete, and possessed of sufficient intelligence to draw others into her web of deceit. I wonder what the root causes of her problems are? Imagine if she'd directed her talents in a positive way? Sad.

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Somebody gave her a new set of crayons for Christmas. And a scribble pad.

Saint supporter since '62
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

These types of stories tend to be especially tragic when you really boil everything down and develop a longitudinal picture of how ppl develop the way they do.

Not to excuse anything that KD has done/said but even from the outside looking in, there’s every sign of some major trauma/s, lack of crucial help when she needed it and exploitation.

I doubt many ppl here would give her any slack after what she did to our club. I note however that she’s largely been absent from the public eye since all of this happened 10 odd years ago and seems to have done alright getting her life back together.

My opinion is that the media of the time was highly irresponsible for picking up and running with a story that was completely unsubstantiated. It was force fed onto the headlines despite the fact that it really wasn’t that interesting to begin with and led to a lot innocent ppl getting hurt... not least of which was our club

IIRC, she eventually came clean and owned everything that she lied about and did wrong which is a hell of a lot more than what adults like Caroline Wilson did after publicly trashing our club and posting untruths in the age based on nothing more than hearsay

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I knew the Duthie family way back when, through athletics.

Kim's mum started a GO FUND ME PAGE as Kim had stage 4 cervical cancer back in March 2020.
Like many others I donated on GFM but it was an unusual circumstance, I will explain.

Since retiring I have committed to charity work and regularly donate on GFM.
In most circumstances you receive a thank you as a donor from the person who started the fund page, and you are able to follow the progress via updates.

Ms Duthies campaign closed after receiving around $20K in funds (from memory) and there was no updates or message from the page founder. Given the amount donated was at the higher end of those being made and the fact the family knew me, I was surprised not to receive any correspondence. Stage 4 cervical is rarely recoverable so upon reading this article in HS, I looked up Ms Duthies business and note that a fit and healthy looking Ms Duthie is posting on her business facebook site.

I am not suggesting Ms Duthie does not/did not have stage 4 cervical cancer, just the management of her GFM page was very unusual from my experience and to look so well after 12 months of treatment for stage 4 cervical cancer is a wonderful effort. Unfortunately due to her past I do have my personal doubts.

I am pleased to see Ms Duthies is still with us and hope for the sake of her young son she is healthy.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

She is quoted in the HS article as saying, "this is the most challenging thing I have ever done", referring to her tell all book.

I'm thinking if I have stared death in the face less than 12 months ago then my tell all book would be about how I cheated death.

A couple of points, shame on the HS, and I hope Duthie has saved her 20k Go Fund Me money to defend herself against fraud charges.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Who is her ghost writer? Some washed up journalist in need of $$$$ and some publicity of his own? Probably. If Ms Duthie wanted closure, writing a so-called tell-all book is the exact opposite of it. A troubled teenager gets into drugs, chases AFL players in search of, well, as Borat puts it, some sexy time, steals a laptop and illegally exposes the contents of it, and then hooks up with a pathetic coke-sniffing, out of control player manager. My guess is that Ms Duthie is no writer. Someone will be doing that all for her, and all for altruistic reasons, of course.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

These people are sick.

Personally disorder?

Asperger's?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I guess OnlyFans didnt work out so well....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I get very annoyed that she is linked to our club by lazy journos, excluding Mr Toot Toot and the other clubs she has allegedly been rumoured to have spoken to, etc.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Billings Method
Club Player

Did she mention she was deciding whether it should be self published, or as an e-book? The hallmarks of a story that can't find a publisher, nor a ghost writer. I believe she was going ask her "fans" which was the preferred option.

If that's the case, she's in luck when it comes to a vote. Fortunately, one is an odd number and she'll be able to conduct the poll next time she looks in the mirror (which should be in another few seconds).

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I heard something about tropical cyclone Kimmie approaching. I thought it was a weather event.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 10:58pm Who is her ghost writer? Some washed up journalist in need of $$$$ and some publicity of his own? Probably. If Ms Duthie wanted closure, writing a so-called tell-all book is the exact opposite of it. A troubled teenager gets into drugs, chases AFL players in search of, well, as Borat puts it, some sexy time, steals a laptop and illegally exposes the contents of it, and then hooks up with a pathetic coke-sniffing, out of control player manager. My guess is that Ms Duthie is no writer. Someone will be doing that all for her, and all for altruistic reasons, of course.
Ultimately though that’s pbly not for us to decide... if the writing of it or the exposing some of the exploitative things that went on around that time does in fact bring her a degree of piece that’s pbly fair enough.

I have a lot of respect for the club in how, amongst all this mess, they never came out and publicly stuck the boots into this kid despite the crap it copped in the media. I have no doubt that we’ll be ok... The lack of respect should be directed to the ppl that report this junk

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 10:58pm A troubled teenager gets into drugs, chases AFL players in search of, well, as Borat puts it, some sexy time, steals a laptop and illegally exposes the contents of it, and then hooks up with a pathetic coke-sniffing, out of control player manager.
Well done cwrcyn, you just wrote the book for her. All she has to do now is add some selfies, some stolen images & obtain a foreword from Belle Gibson.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 1:55pm I knew the Duthie family way back when, through athletics.

Kim's mum started a GO FUND ME PAGE as Kim had stage 4 cervical cancer back in March 2020.
Like many others I donated on GFM but it was an unusual circumstance, I will explain.

In most circumstances you receive a thank you as a donor from the person who started the fund page, and you are able to follow the progress via updates.

Ms Duthies campaign closed after receiving around $20K in funds (from memory) and there was no updates or message from the page founder. Given the amount donated was at the higher end of those being made and the fact the family knew me, I was surprised not to receive any correspondence. Stage 4 cervical is rarely recoverable so upon reading this article in HS, I looked up Ms Duthies business and note that a fit and healthy looking Ms Duthie is posting on her business facebook site.

I am not suggesting Ms Duthie does not/did not have stage 4 cervical cancer, just the management of her GFM page was very unusual from my experience and to look so well after 12 months of treatment for stage 4 cervical cancer is a wonderful effort. Unfortunately due to her past I do have my personal doubts.

I am pleased to see Ms Duthies is still with us and hope for the sake of her young son she is healthy.
That's very interesting JB. Without ever having met Kim Duthie myself and reading about her background, I presumed the tell all book was in the pipeline because she was suffering stage 4 cancer and desperately needed money, possibly to leave something for her son after her inevitable passing. I had read about the GFM page but assumed more funds were required. I guess she had an element of sympathy from me as I was reading about her and her young son. I also presumed that all photographs of her were not recent and before her diagnosis.

I'm surprised (and yet I'm not) that journo's haven't quizzed her a bit more stringently as to how her battle with cancer is travelling. I mean, she is the one who has put this into the public domain so everything is fair game. After Belle Gibson and now this young lady's history with the truth I think they are fair enough questions. If she wants people to believe her 'truth' then ppl need to believe that she is an honest and trustworthy person. 10 years ago she proved she wasn't but she was still legally a child. As an adult and if she wants to play this game of 'tell all' then the media need to take the kitten gloves off and go to work. This is a young woman in her late 20's potentially trying to smear our club, not some naïve teenager that she once was.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021 9:55am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 17 Jan 2021 1:55pm I knew the Duthie family way back when, through athletics.

That's very interesting JB. Without ever having met Kim Duthie myself and reading about her background, I presumed the tell all book was in the pipeline because she was suffering stage 4 cancer and desperately needed money, possibly to leave something for her son after her inevitable passing. I had read about the GFM page but assumed more funds were required. I guess she had an element of sympathy from me as I was reading about her and her young son. I also presumed that all photographs of her were not recent and before her diagnosis.

I'm surprised (and yet I'm not) that journo's haven't quizzed her a bit more stringently as to how her battle with cancer is travelling. I mean, she is the one who has put this into the public domain so everything is fair game. After Belle Gibson and now this young lady's history with the truth I think they are fair enough questions. If she wants people to believe her 'truth' then ppl need to believe that she is an honest and trustworthy person. 10 years ago she proved she wasn't but she was still legally a child. As an adult and if she wants to play this game of 'tell all' then the media need to take the kitten gloves off and go to work. This is a young woman in her late 20's potentially trying to smear our club, not some naïve teenager that she once was.
On the point of how the journalistic profession should approach Kim Duthie and the truth, I noted at the time of visiting Duthies Go Fund Me page that a donation by Fox Footy was made for $500 dollars.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I would be more concerned about the type of person that would buy that book.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Duthie is a grub. That is one book I won't be reading.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

My guess is that like a number of footballers, this will mean she has written one more book than she has read?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

It appears she's had Kardashian level amounts of cosmetic work done, maybe she needs the coin to pay that off? Or her strip club owner boyfriend might shout her.

Still seems like she's the same POS as before, I feel sorry for her child.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Who or what is Duthrie?

I am thinking?

1) Aussie Bali ex-prisoner?
2) Michael Clarke’s ex-wife?
3) Former breakfast show host?
4) New President of Collingwood?

Living in Japan for twenty...haven’t got a clue?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021 4:51pm Who or what is Duthrie?

I am thinking?

It’s an interesting concept.

I was actually in England meeting the in-laws when all of this staff broke out... btw this site and the garbage reporting with the Hun online, whilst gathering that it seemed to be something of a media circus, I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what the fuss was about.

Perhaps having not lived through the Herald Sun’s reporting of all the lies as facts... and jamming it down the throats of everyone that listened (not unlike KD herself I guess), that’s why I was never really effected by it that much.
If anything, I was always a bit bemused as to how a struggling young adult with clear emotional issues managed to manipulate adult media institutions into reporting fiction as fact and keeping it in the headlines for weeks/months.

Putting some of the pieces together, one can understand why KD is as messed up as she is/was but how can the institutions have failed her as badly as they did by enabling that crap.

It’s funny to think that the people that subscribe to the Herald Sun that promoted her lies that made her a little mini star also paved the way for this book

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021 5:14pm

I am thinking?

I was actually in England meeting the in-laws when all of this staff broke out... btw this site and the garbage reporting with the Hun online, whilst gathering that it seemed to be something of a media circus, I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what the fuss was about.

Perhaps having not lived through the Herald Sun’s reporting of all the lies as facts... and jamming it down the throats of everyone that listened (not unlike KD herself I guess), that’s why I was never really effected by it that much.
If anything, I was always a bit bemused as to how a struggling young adult with clear emotional issues managed to manipulate adult media institutions into reporting fiction as fact and keeping it in the headlines for weeks/months.

Putting some of the pieces together, one can understand why KD is as messed up as she is/was but how can the institutions have failed her as badly as they did by enabling that crap.

It’s funny to think that the people that subscribe to the Herald Sun that promoted her lies that made her a little mini star also paved the way for this book
I''m sorry. I am still none the wiser.

Can someone please provide an idiots guide to who Guthrie is?
Just a quick synopsis will do. Please.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021 5:40pm

I am thinking?

IIRC she came out and said she had sex as an underage minor with 2 Saints players that got her number at a football clinic... got pregnant and the club paid for the termination
Then she posted a whole bunch of photos of Saints players naked that she stole from a player’s laptop (stuff the players do I guess)

All of this was pushed heavily across all media outlets who repeatedly went to KD for interviews and they rubbished the club

Eventually she came clean and said she made it up... said instead that she had consensual sex with 2 players at age 20 or something and that she met them at a night club and they asked for ID and there was no pregnancy. Basically said she did it because she was messed up and she was sorry for the damage she did.

Then she periodically was in the news going from scandal to scandal before things died down

The news outlets continue to play up the St.Kilda connection... esp the Sun and have never acknowledged the damage their false reporting did to the club

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 18 Jan 2021 5:40pm

I am thinking?

Plays on the wing for Geelong.

He also wrote “This land is your land”

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"