Injuries in same parts of the ground

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Injuries in same parts of the ground

Its been touted we have depth on our list but what we are experiencing is injuries in 2 same areas of the ground and as we know lists are finite in their resources and we are vulnerable in the Ruck/Forward position & in the medium sized shut down defender position.
Before 2020 small flair forwards used to hurt us quite regularly and then Ben Paton came along and put a stop to that. He will be sorely missed as we saw last week we were hurt by their small forwards it reminded me of the 2017-19 era when players like Charlie Cameron were killing us . Geary is the only similar type player that can perform that role and he is out also. Geary will come back and to be honest at the start of the year I was wondering where were we going play him but now he has a spot with Paton out long term.

I am hopeful we can get through this week and Marshall can play against the Weagles because Ryder looks like he has some serious personal issues-going back to see the elders etc is only half the story & I am worried he will be a mess this year like Jack Steven experienced. Going against Nic Nat with Hunter & Mckernan will be a blood bath.
Ill be keeping an eye as close to Marshall's half of footy at the Zebras as much as the game v the Bombers that has to be the most valuable player on our list at the moment with Ryder taking further leave.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Injuries in same parts of the ground

Vazelos wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 12:29pm Its been touted we have depth on our list but what we are experiencing is injuries in 2 same areas of the ground and as we know lists are finite in their resources and we are vulnerable in the Ruck/Forward position & in the medium sized shut down defender position.
Before 2020 small flair forwards used to hurt us quite regularly and then Ben Paton came along and put a stop to that. He will be sorely missed as we saw last week we were hurt by their small forwards it reminded me of the 2017-19 era when players like Charlie Cameron were killing us . Geary is the only similar type player that can perform that role and he is out also. Geary will come back and to be honest at the start of the year I was wondering where were we going play him but now he has a spot with Paton out long term.

I am hopeful we can get through this week and Marshall can play against the Weagles because Ryder looks like he has some serious personal issues-going back to see the elders etc is only half the story & I am worried he will be a mess this year like Jack Steven experienced. Going against Nic Nat with Hunter & Mckernan will be a blood bath.
Ill be keeping an eye as close to Marshall's half of footy at the Zebras as much as the game v the Bombers that has to be the most valuable player on our list at the moment with Ryder taking further leave.
Maybe . Maybe not. That filth Ruckman Grundy had 98% of the hit outs the other night and the filth still lost.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 12:05pm
Vazelos wrote: Fri 02 Apr 2021 12:29pm Its been touted we have depth on our list but what we are experiencing is injuries in 2 same areas of the ground and as we know lists are finite in their resources and we are vulnerable in the Ruck/Forward position & in the medium sized shut down defender position.

Maybe . Maybe not. That filth Ruckman Grundy had 98% of the hit outs the other night and the filth still lost.
And the filth supporters are filthy about the result.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sat 03 Apr 2021 12:05pm

I too am concerned about the nature of Ryder's personal issues.
We do know that part of Jack Steven's problem was his infidelity, his partners response to his infidelity and his reduced access to his child that followed.
We do not know what is behind Ryder's problem, he claimed to wanted to leave Essendon because he did not know what they had injected him with and that caused him great anxiety.
If Ryder is going to return he has to want to play football in the AFL, otherwise the Saints lose him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA