Attendance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MickThomas
Club Player

Attendance

AFL app says 'Crowd TBC'

Anyone guess the attendance?

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Attendance

TBC = The Best Came

Congratulations to all that came and cheered as it was one of the most vocal and supportive St Kilda Crowds at a game I can remember.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:00pm AFL app says 'Crowd TBC'

Of those 16,500 were St Kilda supporters.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It was the first game I've attended this year.
We parked underneath and ended up walking what seemed kilometers as we were shunted from one entrance to another trying to get up from the carpark to ground level.
When we finally found an entrance that would let us in we found we then had to go back outside and walk around half the ground to get to our gate 5B. Once inside we had to then walk back to the entrance we had come up from to get into our section (33 on L2) where we found our seats for the game.
I kept checking our regular reserved seats (L2 38 row C) on the wing and didn't see anybody using them.
So why couldn't we get our reserved seats?
Surely St Kilda knows who they've sold reserved seats to?
Why can't they just give that information to TicketMaster who could just allocate those seats when the member logs in for his/her tickets?

diddley
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:33pm

I was actually quite surprised by the amount of West Coast fans that were there. There were quite a lot, considering how far from home they were. Could have easily been a quarter to a third of the crowd, at least where I was see anyway.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:43pm It was the first game I've attended this year.
We parked underneath and ended up walking what seemed kilometers as we were shunted from one entrance to another trying to get up from the carpark to ground level.
When we finally found an entrance that would let us in we found we then had to go back outside and walk around half the ground to get to our gate 5B. Once inside we had to then walk back to the entrance we had come up from to get into our section (33 on L2) where we found our seats for the game.
I kept checking our regular reserved seats (L2 38 row C) on the wing and didn't see anybody using them.
Why can't they just give that information to TicketMaster who could just allocate those seats when the member logs in for his/her tickets?
Would make too much sense.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Not true. A major downside of not being able to sit in your allocated, costly reserved seat was being surrounded by Eagles supporters. The one directly in my left ear last night was a human hemerroid who gave us all a very loud running commentary of the game. It was like being surrounded by 10 Brian Taylor's.

The only relief was we gave him plenty back after half time and he fell silent during the last quarter as his love affair with his beer intensified.

The crowd. Disappointing but understandable. It seems you must hand over your information to Ticketmaster and own a mobile phone or you don't go to the footy. Period!

We listened to the Magpies v Giants game driving home. When they announced the crowd, just over 28,000, my wife and daughter said it was poor for a Collingwood home game. I said it was pretty tough for their supporters to get a ticket. (1) they have to steal a mobile phone (2) they'd be well and truly rooted when they had to spell their names when opening the Ticketmaster app!

Saint supporter since '62
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:43pm It was the first game I've attended this year.
Same here. I only park underneath because of my current health so I can use the lift. They were turning people away from the lifts, making you walk back up the vehicle ramps. And the wobbiegongs working there insisting on checking through your boot as you enter - what and whose authority do try have?

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:54pm

Not true. A major downside of not being able to sit in your allocated, costly reserved seat was being surrounded by Eagles supporters. The one directly in my left ear last night was a human hemerroid who gave us all a very loud running commentary of the game. It was like being surrounded by 10 Brian Taylor's.

The only relief was we gave him plenty back after half time and he fell silent during the last quarter as his love affair with his beer intensified.

The crowd. Disappointing but understandable. It seems you must hand over your information to Ticketmaster and own a mobile phone or you don't go to the footy. Period!

We listened to the Magpies v Giants game driving home. When they announced the crowd, just over 28,000, my wife and daughter said it was poor for a Collingwood home game. I said it was pretty tough for their supporters to get a ticket. (1) they have to steal a mobile phone (2) they'd be well and truly rooted when they had to spell their names when opening the Ticketmaster app!
There were hardly any Eagles supporters at the game yesterday. I saw very few apart from a couple of hundred behind the goals at their cheer squad end making some noise, there weren't any there. Were you sitting behind their cheer squad? A couple of hundred people can make a lot of noise when the rest of the crowd is silenced by the oppo being on top.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 3:43pm

I was actually quite surprised by the amount of West Coast fans that were there. There were quite a lot, considering how far from home they were. Could have easily been a quarter to a third of the crowd, at least where I was see anyway.
Are you saying there were 4000 Eagles supporters at the match? No way. Maybe 500 tops. If you were near their cheer squad end goal or maybe a bay allocated to their 'Victorian Members' it may have seemed like a lot, but remember when the opposition are 6 goals ahead and the home crowd is silent several hundred supporters sounds like a lot. Certainly when we got on a roll I hardly heard any noise from their supporters at all.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

2 maybe 3 BT's tops is all a human is required to tolerate.
I do not support violence but the the 3+ BT rule allows sufferer retaliatory action up to a maximum of:
- 1 direct face punch or 2 slaps
- and 2 body shots
- NOTE...you may request to trade 1 kick to the sweets for 1 body and 1 face shot if a bystander, who also suffered the within the 3 BT rule, will act as adjudicator.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 4:24pm

There were hardly any Eagles supporters at the game yesterday. I saw very few apart from a couple of hundred behind the goals at their cheer squad end making some noise, there weren't any there. Were you sitting behind their cheer squad? A couple of hundred people can make a lot of noise when the rest of the crowd is silenced by the oppo being on top.
We were level 2 bay 47, the Coventry end. Believe me, there were plenty of WC supporters. They have a decent Melbourne supported base.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:02pm

We were level 2 bay 47, the Coventry end. Believe me, there were plenty of WC supporters. They have a decent Melbourne supported base.
Above the Eagles cheer squad, directly behind it. That's why.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintDippa
Club Player

I have the standard GA memberships, booked tickets and rather than getting level three seats ended up L2 B26 row C. That's directly behind the goals Lockett end. No charge.
Was I just lucky or is GA now getting free L2 seats?

AuckSaint
Club Player

For all those who went to the game, thanks for supporting so strongly . It came over as a far bigger crowd noise than the attendance number.

And you didn’t have to listen to Dunstall and Lyon S***can us until right before the end when they jumped on the winner’s bandwagon....

1 of the 10,000 NZ Saints members
MickThomas
Club Player

I grew up in Melbourne, but moved to Perth for various reasons a few years ago.

I can confirm that the comments from Trev From The Bush are quite relatable, as folks who are Perth-born behave just like that.
They are arrogant, nasty, opinionated, self-obssessed, have poor social skills, not just in a footy scenario, but in life generally.

Try to get a tradie or mechanic to do some work for you.
They don't know 'conversation' they only know 'argument'.
Most horrible Australians in the nation.

2020 was an aberration, when we travelled twice to Adelaide and won both, beat Tigers early, beat our bogey Swans. 2021 we've returned to our old ways. Damn
saynta
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 6:07pm I grew up in Melbourne, but moved to Perth for various reasons a few years ago.

I can confirm that the comments from Trev From The Bush are quite relatable, as folks who are Perth-born behave just like that.
They are arrogant, nasty, opinionated, self-obssessed, have poor social skills, not just in a footy scenario, but in life generally.

👍🏻 I went over there in 90's for the opening of a new children's court. Dropped in on a training course. I found their sexist chauvinistic attitudes to be appalling and at least 20 years behind the rest of Australia.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:30pm

No, that's not why. If you think they all come from WA you needed to see how many of them were in the car park under the stadium before and after the game. Either they'd stolen Victorian registered cars or the were from Victoria. I didn't see any floggers (flogs, perhaps) so I don't think they were cheer squad members.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:25pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 5:30pm

No, that's not why. If you think they all come from WA you needed to see how many of them were in the car park under the stadium before and after the game. Either they'd stolen Victorian registered cars or the were from Victoria. I didn't see any floggers (flogs, perhaps) so I don't think they were cheer squad members.
Well, I wasn't in the car park Trev, but I was at the stadium, the concourse outside and on public transport at Southern Cross and there would have been lucky to be more than 500 Eagles in attendance going by -

a) crowd noise, and
b) club colours worn and carried by attendees observed, scarves, guernseys, caps, flags, etc.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ticket states which gate you can enter and suggested time-
Carpark booking states that lifts should not be used apart from disability. ( do wonder why do the police park their car right at the top of the steps/ lift to bourke st entrance after the game - when more peple are being directed back that way

As rows have been eliminated from purchase there will be others ( me and companion) that cannot sit in their seats- so the 'Ticketmaster BOT gets to decide.- Random- just like the computers from the 1970's.

people who book later get designated the spare spaces.

even when/ if it goes back to 100% sooner rather than later- I imagine it will be a little while before the club can insist we get our 'preferred ' seats back

BUT I do love a winning vibe :D :lol:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:47pm
Ticket states which gate you can enter and suggested time-
Carpark booking states that lifts should not be used apart from disability. ( do wonder why do the police park their car right at the top of the steps/ lift to bourke st entrance after the game - when more peple are being directed back that way

As rows have been eliminated from purchase there will be others ( me and companion) that cannot sit in their seats- so the 'Ticketmaster BOT gets to decide.- Random- just like the computers from the 1970's.

people who book later get designated the spare spaces.

even when/ if it goes back to 100% sooner rather than later- I imagine it will be a little while before the club can insist we get our 'preferred ' seats back

BUT I do love a winning vibe :D :lol:
😁😇😉

MickThomas
Club Player

They have Victorian rego cars? Some could be hire cars. The rest belong to folks born in WA who haved moved to Melb.
Like I moved from Melb to Perth and have WA plates, but support a Victorian team

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

MickThomas wrote: Sun 11 Apr 2021 6:07pm I grew up in Melbourne, but moved to Perth for various reasons a few years ago.

lol

Perthites on a Bali trip....for a quiet arvo by the hotel pool..

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!