What I hate more about this year!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

What I hate more about this year!

What I hate more about this year, is not us losing. It is Melbourne having such a successful start to the season with Petracca starring. I hope Elshaugh rots in hell with his Paddy love, he has cobbled us to years of watching Petracca tear oppositions apart. Has to be the worst recruiting call of all time!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: What I hate more about this year!

Go Dees. Go number 5. Guffaw. Chortle. Harrumph. Bring me a cheese and fig platter and a nice drop of red.

It’s their fans that get up my nose.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind Melbourne, they've done it tough like us.

Not their fault we made the giant f-up of passing on Petracca, who was the clear and obvious choice to everyone it seems but us.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Fair point. It seems the accepted statement of facts these days is that Petracca sabotaged his pre-draft interview with us as he had no interest in going to Seaford every day. Not to dissimilar to what that turd Perkins whom Essendon drafted last year. So, it's fair to assume that even if we'd drafted Petracca - he would've buggered off to the Pies after 2 years anyway (as he'd threatened).

As much as Elshaugh (AND Bains as list manager don't forget!) - the die was cast years before when that buffoon Archie Fraser sold us down the river to Seaford. I've had conversations with past players and assistant coaches who despised the place and they knew they were never going to attract good players whilst we were stuck there.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Melbourne are the last man standing from a St Kilda perspective. There'll be immense jealously if they win a flag before us.

We've watched the Lions, Swans, Geelong, Bulldogs and Richmond end long standing premiership droughts over the past two decades. If Melbourne get it done this year, every VFL club will have an AFL premiership except us.

Winmar7
Club Player

Yeah, it's about a week since someone mentioned that draft, well done bringing it up again :roll:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Both Elshaug and Ameet Bains can get stuffed!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 12:00pm Go Dees. Go number 5. Guffaw. Chortle. Harrumph. Bring me a cheese and fig platter and a nice drop of red.

Love cheese and fig platters. Made one myself for mates at Perisher last month. Give the red wine a big miss though.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 2:34pm
bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 12:00pm Go Dees. Go number 5. Guffaw. Chortle. Harrumph. Bring me a cheese and fig platter and a nice drop of red.

Love cheese and fig platters. Made one myself for mates at Perisher last month. Give the red wine a big miss though.
For me it's the cheese and fig but with cross over into an antipasto style plate.

Must have olives and I can eat any olives Castelvetrano, Queen, Manzanilla, Cerignola, Calamatta prepared anyway- spanish, fetta or even anchovie stuffed, chilli and Garlic marinated & must have artichoke hearts, salami and a King island Brie and a good quince paste.

Water crackers & Grisinni.

For that I'd accompany with a nice chilled sauvignon blanc such as Cloudy Bay.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 2:50pm

For me it's the cheese and fig but with cross over into an antipasto style plate.

Must have olives and I can eat any olives Castelvetrano, Queen, Manzanilla, Cerignola, Calamatta prepared anyway- spanish, fetta or even anchovie stuffed, chilli and Garlic marinated & must have artichoke hearts, salami and a King island Brie and a good quince paste.

Yum, but nix on the grog. Don't drink alcohol and the better for it. Seen too much of the damage it causes.
King Island brie and Calamatta olives with a chilli sauce. You are making my mouth water.

My mother used to make apple and quince pies in the 60s. Loved them as well.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 2:57pm

Yum, but nix on the grog. Don't drink alcohol and the better for it. Seen too much of the damage it causes.
King Island brie and Calamatta olives with a chilli sauce. You are making my mouth water.

My mother used to make apple and quince pies in the 60s. Loved them as well.
I'm not much of a drinker but a nice wine with the right food is very enjoyable, but I admire your position on alcohol.

Home made apple and quince pie would be magnificent with some fresh whipped cream.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yep, or ice cream.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

:D But you don’t guffaw and chortle and call players by their number rather than their name.

Yeah, I’m partial to a cheese and fig platter myself, but not at the footy.

Harrumph

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 3:31pm Yep, or ice cream.
You mean and ice-cream :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 4:20pm

:D But you don’t guffaw and chortle and call players by their number rather than their name.

Yeah, I’m partial to a cheese and fig platter myself, but not at the footy.

Harrumph
Has anyone seen ones gigs?
Working out the jersey numbers on the players today is proving more difficult than wildfowling in the middle of snow season.
Say is Robert Flower playing?
I hope that ruffian Mark Jackson has been replaced in the team, I rather dislike him.

Vazelos
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 11:24am What I hate more about this year, is not us losing. It is Melbourne having such a successful start to the season with Petracca starring. I hope Elshaugh rots in hell with his Paddy love, he has cobbled us to years of watching Petracca tear oppositions apart. Has to be the worst recruiting call of all time!
Spot on mate...
I am cursing Elshaug and that decision robbed us an amazing and a exciting player to enjoy at our club....
We missed out on the Bont but I can’t complain at the time Billings decision was the logical choice but Mc Cartin decision over Petracca was absolutely stupidity....

B.M
Saintsational Legend

So he preferred going to Cranbourne to train at Casey field

In the middle of bum f*** nowhere in a wind tunnel

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Is the story that Petracca intentionally torpedoed his Saints interview true or is it an urban myth?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Are interviews compulsory? and if he did how come we didn't see through it, surely it happens with guys that are going to ace a top 10 pick.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Probably not compulsory but it wouldn't be sound recruiting practice.

Trout should have called his bluff and recruited him anyway.

A very odd decision.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

haha

i’d starve at your table

why not add fennel to the mix as well

brie ‘n crackers would have to see me through

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Délice de Bourgogne. Triple cream.

I haven't looked back.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 8:12pm

haha

i’d starve at your table

why not add fennel to the mix as well

brie ‘n crackers would have to see me through
Love fennel, added to the grazing plate.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote: Tue 20 Apr 2021 6:33pm Is the story that Petracca intentionally torpedoed his Saints interview true or is it an urban myth?
It's quite well known that Petracca and especially his old man were major league arrogant aresholes all through junior football. And there is merit in the 'no arsehole' policy. Even if St Kilda deliberately chose to bypass Petracca the choice of Paddy was probably a mistake. Selecting a guy with his health issues was a massive risk, and his body shape does not lend itself to the modern game.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

What’s wrong with arrogance in elite talent?!

Misplaced arrogance is pathetic

But in this case, to have the confidence to know you’re better than your opponent is very important.

Buckley was arrogant
Hird, Voss, Aker, Carey, Lloyd could go on.... Michael Jordan was ridiculously arrogant ... Tiger Wood used to purposely lay up behind his opponents ball in match play, so he could have the first approach shot and intimidate his opponent.

Being arrogant at that level of sport, is not required, but doesn’t hurt either!

Virat Kohli and Jimmy Anderson are f***ing arrogant
Both unbelievable players who put fear into opposition

When you’re great, you need to know how good you are, and show it! Max King has not yet realised his potential because he doesn’t know how good he is and lacks confidence