Teams going to Qld

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Teams going to Qld

I have heard the AFL have told all players in Vic to pack their bags. They are headed to QLD tomorrow.

GC stadium for our game against port and with a 14 day quarantine for wa, looks like eagles will need to come to play us in Qld as well.

Question is
Will all our players go

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Teams going to Qld

The Recruit wrote: Wed 14 Jul 2021 11:50pm I have heard the AFL have told all players in Vic to pack their bags. They are headed to QLD tomorrow.

GC stadium for our game against port and with a 14 day quarantine for wa, looks like eagles will need to come to play us in Qld as well.

Question is
Will all our players go
Ross? Skunk?
Maybe they'll stay home in Victoria.

Look, we have a pretty good record at Metricon haha

Just looking at the TV coverage (which naturally is distorted) it appears our guys get better skills on that grass.
Think of Sincs' amazing kick from half-back to Skunk, the latter being about 20m behind 2 Lions, the kick was 100% weighted perfectly to clear the Lions and drop into Skunk's arms.
Think of Butler never slipping over (well, not that I could see anyway) and remember how many times our guys sold candy (Zac, etc)

The climate on the GC must promote really nice grass growth.
Not being funny, either

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It’s interesting… I voiced this concern a while ago.

One of the issues/challenges of our team atm is that we don’t actually have a great list make up for playing at Marvel.
Bulldogs have it figured out: fast, hard running players with sublime disposal, strong contested mark taking talls. Line breaking end to end play, hit forwards up on the lead, flood back

We’re actually a lot more suited to outdoor grounds IMO where the conditions level up the skill standard and our grunty, burst players can get on top.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

could we play at marvel with no crowd??......

saint4life
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 1:02pm It’s interesting… I voiced this concern a while ago.

One of the issues/challenges of our team atm is that we don’t actually have a great list make up for playing at Marvel.
Bulldogs have it figured out: fast, hard running players with sublime disposal, strong contested mark taking talls. Line breaking end to end play, hit forwards up on the lead, flood back

We’re actually a lot more suited to outdoor grounds IMO where the conditions level up the skill standard and our grunty, burst players can get on top.
Isn’t marvel an outdoor ground now

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 1:02pm It’s interesting… I voiced this concern a while ago.

Flags are won at the G - not Marvel - as we learned back in 2009/10. I agree with you on this. We are now a five goal better side on the bigger grounds these days.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.