Jason Blake to return!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Jason Blake to return!

Fantastic....... Jason Blake being nominated to join Saints Board, replacing someone retiring

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jason Blake to return!

loris wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 7:02pm Fantastic....... Jason Blake being nominated to join Saints Board, replacing someone retiring
Is Jason a dentist ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
bergsone
SS Life Member

If it comes to a vote,hope he gets more than he did when playing

loris
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 7:28pm
loris wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 7:02pm Fantastic....... Jason Blake being nominated to join Saints Board, replacing someone retiring
Is Jason a dentist ?
He may have a dental qualification by now :P
When he finished playing with the Saints, he had 2 Bachelor Degrees, one in Civil Engineering and the other in Commerce and was part way to finishing an MBA........ so I guess he could have ‘filled in’ his spare time taking on further quals.

It will cause a certain poster who used malign Jason Blake at every opportunity on S/S to have an apoplectic fit if Blake gets on the Board. Can’t recall the poster’s name, I can recall what he looked like tho’, a rather scruffy albino looking person. He had the hots for the also very forgettable ruckman, Rix. This poster came up with some inane slogan of adoration for Rix, ‘Rix Rocks Ruks’ or something like that.

To think he used to label Jason Blake a ‘space cadet’ :roll:

loris
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 7:46pm If it comes to a vote,hope he gets more than he did when playing
Well it will be up to us members, it’s our chance to give him all the votes he needs at the AGM.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @ scruffy albino

very good
:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Gotta love the Blake!

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The battle ground for board postions will be won and lost by the candidate who has the freshest of fresh ideas.

If Blakey can maintain his freshness around the contest then I expect him to edge out the dentist who has been in red hot form recently and is widely acknowledged as being the best in the business when it comes to fresh ideas.

St Kilda....the fresh ideas people.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 7:49pm
Is Jason a dentist ?
When he finished playing with the Saints, he had 2 Bachelor Degrees, one in Civil Engineering and the other in Commerce and was part way to finishing an MBA........ so I guess he could have ‘filled in’ his spare time taking on further quals.

It will cause a certain poster who used malign Jason Blake at every opportunity on S/S to have an apoplectic fit if Blake gets on the Board. Can’t recall the poster’s name, I can recall what he looked like tho’, a rather scruffy albino looking person. He had the hots for the also very forgettable ruckman, Rix. This poster came up with some inane slogan of adoration for Rix, ‘Rix Rocks Ruks’ or something like that.

I miss that old poster
It was a refreshing change from the beige group think that pervades this place on an all to regular basis.
And he did always say...
“He’s done the maths and the squares are all rooted....”

“Yeah….nah””
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

RIX ROX RUX was a sports pages headline.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 8:04pm Gotta love the Blake!
We're getting the band back together

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 9:12pm
Is Jason a dentist ?

I miss that old poster
It was a refreshing change from the beige group think that pervades this place on an all to regular basis.
And he did always say...
yep, there are some real clowns posting nonsense nowadays :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 11:47pm
Is Jason a dentist ?

I miss that old poster
And he did always say...
You’re getting better Wayne don’t be too hard on yourself :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Is Jason a dentist ?

:D 8-) :lol: :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Fri 05 Nov 2021 11:47pm
Is Jason a dentist ?

I miss that old poster
And he did always say...
You can say that again.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

What’s Blake been doing since he hung up the boots?

Seems like a bit of a left field appointment for a board position.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Gerry and GT have their candidate for the board that they are pushing but the club appears to have other ideas.

Former Saints defender and life member Jason Blake has been nominated to join the Club’s Board of Directors at next month’s Annual General Meeting.

Blake has been nominated by the Board as a replacement for retiring director Danni Roche, who is stepping down after serving nine years as a Club director.
Bassat noted that in filling the vacancy left by Danni’s retirement, the Board was determined to secure another director with elite professional sporting experience and as such was very pleased to recommend Blake for election.
Blake's nomination will be put to Club members at next month’s AGM, alongside existing Directors Mr Jack Rush QC and Mr Dean Anderson who will submit themselves for re-election in accordance with the rotational requirements under the Club’s rules.

In publishing its Notice of Meeting today the Club also revealed its intention to promote EY Managing Partner, FSO Assurance Asia-Pacific, Sarah Lowe to the Board in a succession plan for the key role of Chair of the Club’s Audit & Risk Committee.

https://www.saints.com.au/news/1029269/ ... g-director

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can’t recall the poster’s name, I can recall what he looked like tho’, a rather scruffy albino looking person. He had the hots for the also very forgettable ruckman, Rix. This poster came up with some inane slogan of adoration for Rix, ‘Rix Rocks Ruks’ or something like that.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

loris
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 06 Nov 2021 2:24pm What’s Blake been doing since he hung up the boots?

Seems like a bit of a left field appointment for a board position.
He worked for Coles (it could have been Woolworths????) straight after hanging up his boots, developing new sites for them for a number of years.
Then he has been involved in retail/ commercial property development for a number of firms. I read a year or so back, he was here in Perth as the ‘top banana’ developing a whole new retail shopping/ apartment complex in a new outer suburb of Perth.
His name occasionally pops up in the Fin Review.

From what I’ve read in business articles, the ‘scruffy Albino’s’, brainless space cadet , Jason Blake has carved out a quite a reputation in construction & property development, both for government agencies & private development.

In his final few years of playing he was the Saints rep on the AFLPA, then progressed to being elected by all teams to be one of their major mouthpieces on the AFLPA.
In all things I think Jason Blake was a quiet achiever, as a player & also in his employment when he hung up the boots.

It looks like Basset appreciates Blakey’s skill sets to nominate him for a position on the Board.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

It will only go to a members vote if the dentist is nominated as well. Eg 2 candidates for 1 position

I

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Good news. He was a dedicated servant to the club and though at times he could be a frustrating player -- still wince thinking about him giving away the ball to Geelong in that first game in 2011 and costing us the game -- he always struck me as an incredibly intelligent and level headed individual. Didn't know about his degrees and further career but it's not surprising at all.

Welcome home, JB.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Blake Rox Boards!

“Yeah….nah””