Am I right or am I wrong?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Am I right or am I wrong?

Isn’t this Bassett’s final year as President?
In the backwaters of my mind, wasn’t the StKFC Constitution altered some years ago that the President only to have 5 year term?
How long has he been our head honcho now?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Am I right or am I wrong?

loris wrote: Thu 27 Oct 2022 7:51pm Isn’t this Bassett’s final year as President?
In the backwaters of my mind, wasn’t the StKFC Constitution altered some years ago that the President only to have 5 year term?
Not sure but he would be getting close to finished. Maybe that explains the urgency with which he is acting? I wonder if the club would contemplate a change to the constitution to allow him to carry on maybe another two years?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dis Believer wrote: Thu 27 Oct 2022 7:54pm
loris wrote: Thu 27 Oct 2022 7:51pm Isn’t this Bassett’s final year as President?
Not sure but he would be getting close to finished. Maybe that explains the urgency with which he is acting? I wonder if the club would contemplate a change to the constitution to allow him to carry on maybe another two years?
As long as it goes with the vibe of the thing.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Up until recently I only ever witnessed a rabbit being pulled out of a magicians hat, and I only ever thought it was mastery of the illusion, Bassett has changed all of that for me.

Although I'm told most magicans only have one trick.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Aug 29, 2018
Article on Saints' website.
Quote from Summers:
'Having served the maximum cumulative term of 9 years...as a Director, and with my most recent 3 yr term expiring at the next AGM, I will not be eligible for re-election'

I'm even more confused

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sanctorum
Club Player

Following are excerpts pertaining to the terms for Directors and President as defined in the StKFC constitution:

"10.2B Notwithstanding any other provision of this Constitution, if a Director is elected or re-elected at any time after 22 October 2007 for consecutive terms totalling 9 years or more, then, unless they have the prior unanimous approval of the Board:

(a) they must retire at the Annual General Meeting immediately following the ninth anniversary of their election or re-election; and

(b) they are not eligible for re-election for a further consecutive term, and they may not nominate for election or be appointed or elected as a Director at any time during the 3 years immediately following the end of that final consecutive term.

10.3 The Board of Directors shall be constituted by the President, one or two Vice Presidents and other Directors in office at the relevant time provided that the Board does not consist of more than the maximum number of Directors determined by the Board.

The Board shall elect from amongst its number the President and one or two Vice Presidents, provided, however, that a Director who has served as President for a total of 6 consecutive years is not eligible for re-election as President at any time during the 3 years immediately following the end of their tenure without the prior approval of Members by special resolution.

10.4 The President and Vice President(s) in office as at the date of the adoption of this Constitution shall continue in those offices.

10.5 The President and Vice President(s) shall continue in office until:

(a) their retirement as Directors pursuant to clause 10.2; or

(b) their resignations as Directors or they otherwise cease to act as Directors; or

(c) they are removed from those positions by the Members in general meeting or by a two thirds majority of the Board; or (d) in the case of the Vice President(s) the President has ceased to hold the office of President for whatever reason.
"

Andrew Bassat took over as President from Peter Summers in 2019, so has another 2 years left, unless the the Members approve a special resolution for his term to be extended. I assume this is what has happened at other clubs over the years.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If this latest appointment and other changes fail, I think we can all agree that Bassat, Lethlean and the board will be finished.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Who is next in line to be President, Jason Blake ?

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

neither right nor wrong perhaps loris?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 28 Oct 2022 6:38pm If this latest appointment and other changes fail, I think we can all agree that Bassat, Lethlean and the board will be finished.
Can't be thinking like that.

Really, what could go wrong.

Fail? Smail!