Useless AFL Stats Podcast feat. Saints head of stats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

Useless AFL Stats Podcast feat. Saints head of stats

This week's UAFLS podcast has special guest Darren O'Shaughnessy (saints Data Analyst) who talks about some pretty interesting things that the saints monitor both on and off the field. Also, lots of useless stats which are fun.

you can listen https://uselessaflstats.buzzsprout.com/ ... a-premiers

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: Useless AFL Stats Podcast feat. Saints head of stats

therabbitinthehat wrote: Mon 04 Sep 2023 2:08am This week's UAFLS podcast has special guest Darren O'Shaughnessy (saints Data Analyst) who talks about some pretty interesting things that the saints monitor both on and off the field. Also, lots of useless stats which are fun.

I was listening to that last night found it very, very interesting (apart from some of the interviewers - tho I assume this program is designed to at times ask silly, useless questions).

O’Shaughnessy gave some interesting insights into decisions in clubland and also AFL’s response to data sharing with clubs or non data sharing at times.

The discussion on Mc Evoy being traded to Hawthorn also interesting. Billy Longer was the one Clarkson wanted at Hawthorn & he was overruled, so we lost Big Ben and eventually gained Longer. Bet Clarkson breathed a sigh of relief he was overruled!!
I wasn’t surprised to hear Harves is very astute in analytics and posed new insights into delivery methods into forward lines for O’Shaughnessy to ponder.

Surprise, surprise my heart throb Mason Wood taps into analytics. Aaah ‘the doc’ is becoming more desirable, the more I read/hear about him. What more could a woman want? He’s intelligent, is drop dead gorgeous looking, has magnificent physique. ❤️‍🔥
The invitation is still there for Mason Wood to park his shoes (even his footy boots) under my bed anytime- I could even feign interest in discussing the analytics of scoring a point and the overall impact it has on Aussie Rules.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

But Loris, wouldn't the chants of M A S O N W O O D, M A S O N W O O D ringing out all the time be a mood killer?
Neighbours might complain. Perth is very conservative.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Mon 04 Sep 2023 2:51pm
therabbitinthehat wrote: Mon 04 Sep 2023 2:08am This week's UAFLS podcast has special guest Darren O'Shaughnessy (saints Data Analyst) who talks about some pretty interesting things that the saints monitor both on and off the field. Also, lots of useless stats which are fun.

I was listening to that last night found it very, very interesting (apart from some of the interviewers - tho I assume this program is designed to at times ask silly, useless questions).

O’Shaughnessy gave some interesting insights into decisions in clubland and also AFL’s response to data sharing with clubs or non data sharing at times.

The discussion on Mc Evoy being traded to Hawthorn also interesting. Billy Longer was the one Clarkson wanted at Hawthorn & he was overruled, so we lost Big Ben and eventually gained Longer. Bet Clarkson breathed a sigh of relief he was overruled!!
I wasn’t surprised to hear Harves is very astute in analytics and posed new insights into delivery methods into forward lines for O’Shaughnessy to ponder.

Surprise, surprise my heart throb Mason Wood taps into analytics. Aaah ‘the doc’ is becoming more desirable, the more I read/hear about him. What more could a woman want? He’s intelligent, is drop dead gorgeous looking, has magnificent physique. ❤️‍🔥
The invitation is still there for Mason Wood to park his shoes (even his footy boots) under my bed anytime- I could even feign interest in discussing the analytics of scoring a point and the overall impact it has on Aussie Rules.

Speaking of analytics, I once asked a mathematician how statistics is done to which he replied "by all means".

saynta
Saintsational Legend

:wink: Butler is the wife's favorite.

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 06 Sep 2023 10:16pm

:wink: Butler is the wife's favorite.
He’s a cutie, she’s got a good eye. He’s got a delightful’bum’ 🤪

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

We need more threads like this one. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

TMI

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Mon 04 Sep 2023 5:15pm Speaking of analytics, I once asked a mathematician how statistics is done to which he replied "by all means".
That's an average joke.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 3:35pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 04 Sep 2023 5:15pm Speaking of analytics, I once asked a mathematician how statistics is done to which he replied "by all means".
That's an average joke.
I thought it had a 50% chance of getting a laugh.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 7:24pm
That's an average joke.
I had half a laugh.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 7:34pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 07 Sep 2023 7:24pm
That's an average joke.
I had half a laugh.
Thankyou...I'm 100% right again.