Hard Luck Guys

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

westcoastwizard
Club Player

Hard Luck Guys

Just wanted to say hard luck it was a SUPER GAME of fooy that could have gone either way after the first quater I was thinking the saints by how much? But dont worry I still think you guys can do some real damage come finals time. Nick "Roo" was outstanding I get tired watching champions like Reiwoldlt and Cousins run them seleves into the ground. He gave Hunter the run around. and cut him up. Anyway good luck for the rest of year hope to see you in September. By the way the BAKER suspension was a F***** JOKE.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

cheers wcw.

one of the few opposition real football fans we get on here.

well played.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Cheers WCW.
Supporters that are humble both in victory and in defeat are supporters of real integrity and unfortunately seem to be a rare breed.

You're welcome to post here anytime, IMO 8-)

westcoastwizard
Club Player

Im a mad eagles fan but you guys had more scoring shots and just the same amount of opportunities which means it was a bloody good game of Aussie rules. I hope we can see Kosi fit at his best he is unstoppable.

he gave me nightmares every time he went forward. A quick question why dosent Ross Lyon isolate Reiwoldt and Kosi one out in the forward line the Roo had a day out today and he is a champ but he played far up the ground he and Kosi would me near impossible to beat one out.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

was a great game....just a crap result...thought we deserved a draw at least :(

Nee!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

One of the best games of the season for any neutral or eagles supporter.

Are we forgiven for the Hawks fiasco yet?

westcoastwizard
Club Player

Just wondering who watches Nick Reiwoldt Train I just want to know how hard does this guy work because he runs runs and runsor DOES HE HAVE FOUR SETS OF LUNGS. I would love to see him one out with an opponent in the forward 50 he would carve anyone up.

battye
Saintsational Legend

westcoastwizard, thanks for the kind words. A late "welcome" to the forum :P

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Are we forgiven for the Hawks fiasco yet?
You'd hope so, mate.

That game seems like it was so long ago now... thank god.

doggerel
Club Player

Can I just say, I sat in amongst a bunch of eagles supporters last night; all different, some families, a guy and his chick, some lads etc. All to a man politely clapped each time the Saints kicked a goal. What is in the water over there?

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

westcoastwizard wrote:Just wondering who watches Nick Reiwoldt Train I just want to know how hard does this guy work because he runs runs and runsor DOES HE HAVE FOUR SETS OF LUNGS. I would love to see him one out with an opponent in the forward 50 he would carve anyone up.
WCW thanks for all your kind words, its always nice to see other supporters on here that are not trying to get into a fight.

Now to your question.. I have a little story you might like.
Going back a couple of years ago I was watching them train pre season and I will never forget how impressed I was watching Rooey train.
Riewoldt and a few others were put onto them circuit bikes
(like the ones you see in them cycle classes at the gym)
I must say it was one of the hardest cycle classes I have ever witnessed.

After around 45 minutes on these bikes Rooey had put in so much he was vomiting all the water he had been putting into his system.
He continued to pedal without any complaining and then pushed himself again to a new level.

It was truely amazing to watch.. I had a mate with me who had her 11 yr old boy with her at the time. He wants to play AFL and it was a massive wake up call to him seeing how hard you have to train to become an elite athlete in your sport.

Well since that day he has been training harded, looking after his body and wants to be an AFL player and be like Riewoldt.
so much so he made the Victorian team this year and was one of the best on ground for the whole weekend they just had up in Sydney and kicked 24 goals in the half dozen matches he played in.

Its a great story and thanks to watching Rooey on that day he wants the dream more than ever.

(I reckon he might make it, he is really a good little footy player)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
westcoastwizard
Club Player

Now to your question.. I have a little story you might like.
Going back a couple of years ago I was watching them train pre season and I will never forget how impressed I was watching Rooey train.
Riewoldt and a few others were put onto them circuit bikes
(like the ones you see in them cycle classes at the gym)
I must say it was one of the hardest cycle classes I have ever witnessed.

After around 45 minutes on these bikes Rooey had put in so much he was vomiting all the water he had been putting into his system.
He continued to pedal without any complaining and then pushed himself again to a new level.

It was truely amazing to watch.. I had a mate with me who had her 11 yr old boy with her at the time. He wants to play AFL and it was a massive wake up call to him seeing how hard you have to train to become an elite athlete in your sport.

Well since that day he has been training harded, looking after his body and wants to be an AFL player and be like Riewoldt.
so much so he made the Victorian team this year and was one of the best on ground for the whole weekend they just had up in Sydney and kicked 24 goals in the half dozen matches he played in.

Its a great story and thanks to watching Rooey on that day he wants the dream more than ever.

(I reckon he might make it, he is really a good little footy player)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:One of the best games of the season for any neutral or eagles supporter.

Are we forgiven for the Hawks fiasco yet?

One of the best games for the season.....What?

The first Quarter on was onthe best...The next Three were dismal...Pathetic and full of errors.

Not the game the media are trying to pump it up as.