Photo on Age website of Bakes signs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosaintsgo
Club Player

Photo on Age website of Bakes signs

Just had a look at the photo's on The Age website.

Some of the signs for Bakes made it.

Well done.

Has anyone noticed if they made the paper?

http://realfooty.com.au/ftimages/2007/0 ... 25532.html

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

GREAT STUFF..
the AFL would have noticed that last night for sure..

I am hoping to see a picture of the long baker banner the CS had up

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

not my addition
surprise surprise - nothing on aflphotos either :::

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:not my addition
surprise surprise - nothing on aflphotos either :::
hahah I had already checked there...

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

lol how sad.

OH WAIT lol

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

It might have made it in the Age website, but didn't make it in the paper

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:GREAT STUFF..

no they would not have noticed and even if they did they would not have cared...

a group of saints fans that disagree with a decision is not going to raise any kind of eyebrow from afl house

and nor should it

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Typical Typical ST KILDA.....

Instead of worrying about a make-or-break cut throat game like last night....we focus on a decision that we were not able to change.

The banners last night were a disgrace. Any mid-week episode is always going break our concentration because we are weak minded.

THE only thing we should be talking about is how WE ST KILDA lost last night and seriously destroyed our chances of making finals. Not some piss weak decision that was resulted days ago.

Obviously people/supporters arrived at TD with a ill taste left in their mouths due to the Baker ruling. INSTEAD of concentrating on what was more important.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:GREAT STUFF..

i saw the saints photo man take a few photos, so it might be on the saints site later this week

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Typical Typical ST KILDA.....

The banners last night were a disgrace. Any mid-week episode is always going break our concentration because we are weak minded.
The AFL is a disgrace and I could easily get nasty on you for your comments but I think you've sadly missed the entire point of the banners!

Nothing further would have helped our guys play any harder last night?? What were we supposed to be doing?? Holding up some signs that said " Play harder guys??" umm "Let's WIN??" Gimme a break! :evil: I'm glad it got some coverage, it just helped promote some of the angst being expressed by Saints fans over this debacle with Bakers suspension! End of story. Now go and crawl back into your hole! :evil:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:

The AFL is a disgrace and I could easily get nasty on you for your comments but I think you've sadly missed the entire point of the banners!

Nothing further would have helped our guys play any harder last night?? What were we supposed to be doing?? Holding up some signs that said " Play harder guys??" umm "Let's WIN??" Gimme a break! :evil: I'm glad it got some coverage, it just helped promote some of the angst being expressed by Saints fans over this debacle with Bakers suspension! End of story. Now go and crawl back into your hole! :evil:

Clearly My point.

Instead of worrying about MORE IMPORTANT things like winning....people like YOU were intent on focusing their anger at the tribunal.

Move on. We got f***ed over form the tribunal and that should be the end of it...BUT losing to WCE last night was more of a disgrace.

Beating WCE and showing that a little thing like rubbing Baker out for seven COULDNT DISTRACT both players AND SUPPORTERS would have been a bigger more effective "up yours" to the AFL.

Now crawl into MY hole? Its comments like that, that destroy thequality of focused FOOTBALL discussion on this forum.

ben_fff
Club Player

I thought the banners were good and I think the crowd was the most vocal that I've heard at a St Kilda game for a long time and we were sitting near the WC cheer squad, it was just a atmosphere you'd hope for more from a St Kilda crowd.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Instead of worrying about a make-or-break cut throat game like last night....we focus on a decision that we were not able to change.

THE only thing we should be talking about is how WE ST KILDA lost last night and seriously destroyed our chances of making finals. Not some piss weak decision that was resulted days ago.

Obviously people/supporters arrived at TD with a ill taste left in their mouths due to the Baker ruling. INSTEAD of concentrating on what was more important.
so true...its happened we can surely move on??

its about time some supporters hardened the fcuk up

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

Instead of worrying about MORE IMPORTANT things like winning....people like YOU were intent on focusing their anger at the tribunal.

Move on. We got f***ed over form the tribunal and that should be the end of it...BUT losing to WCE last night was more of a disgrace.

Beating WCE and showing that a little thing like rubbing Baker out for seven COULDNT DISTRACT both players AND SUPPORTERS would have been a bigger more effective "up yours" to the AFL.

Now crawl into MY hole? Its comments like that, that destroy thequality of focused FOOTBALL discussion on this forum.
Absolute waffle. You don't think those people with the banners didn't want the Saints to win last night as much as you did? I thought the Bakes signs and banners were great, and if people feel strongly enough about something they should have the freedom to express that dissatisfaction to their hearts' content without being sniped at by someone clearly gutted by our position and venting on the wrong people...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

Absolute waffle. You don't think those people with the banners didn't want the Saints to win last night as much as you did? I thought the Bakes signs and banners were great, and if people feel strongly enough about something they should have the freedom to express that dissatisfaction to their hearts' content without being sniped at by someone clearly gutted by our position and venting on the wrong people...

Its about focusing energies the more important things.

Im not debating that they didnt want us to win (as much as I did). Maybe they should show the banners for the next 50 years.....maybe that will make poeple feel better.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

*yawn*
Damn those banner makers, let's just bow down to the AFL..... personally I would blame the banner holdes for
1. Attards knee
2. The drunk guy on the train on the way home
3. global warming
4. interest rates......

sheesh you tool, get a clue!!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

*yawn*
Damn those banner makers, let's just bow down to the AFL..... personally I would blame the banner holdes for
1. Attards knee
3. global warming
4. interest rates......

Good to see that you still feel dirty on the AFL for the Baker incident....

I for one am so dirty on last night that it makes the Baker report feel like years ago.

WE lost last night. Not the AFL. BUT its great to understand that we arnt as passionate about things we CAN control (ie football games)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Solar wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

*yawn*
1. Attards knee
3. global warming
4. interest rates......

Good to see that you still feel dirty on the AFL for the Baker incident....

I for one am so dirty on last night that it makes the Baker report feel like years ago.

WE lost last night. Not the AFL. BUT its great to understand that we arnt as passionate about things we CAN control (ie football games)
Just a tipe, don't assume ANYTHING cause it makes you look stupid. Don't pretend to now how gutted I am about last night. This loss hurt more then any that I can remember this year.

I just think your a tool for accusing those protesting of not caring about the game in progress or the result. They actually give a damn about the club and it's players. I personally know that these people go to the games each week, passionate members who scream their lungs out. Yet tools like you come on here and lambast their efforts.

Poor form!

FQF
In richo I trust

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

Im not debating that they didnt want us to win (as much as I did). Maybe they should show the banners for the next 50 years.....maybe that will make poeple feel better.

Solar Read the above.

As I Said....Im not debating supporter intentions....im debating the action that are shown across the nation.

It just dosnt look good in my opinion to be "shown" worrying about Baker instead of the "game" at hand.

As I said...Its about exercising energies in the right form that send positive vibes.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Spinner wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Spinner wrote:
St. Luke wrote:

Clearly My point.

Solar Read the above.

As I Said....Im not debating supporter intentions....im debating the action that are shown across the nation.

It just dosnt look good in my opinion to be "shown" worrying about Baker instead of the "game" at hand.

As I said...Its about exercising energies in the right form that send positive vibes.
oh come on, the amount of energy spent booing an umpire or oppostion player each and every week is a lot more then just holding up a sign.

On your orignal comment, no this is not typical stkilda. Typical stkilda are ones that just lie down and take it everytime it happens. I wont forget that the AFL changed their rules to hand freo 2 points last year. I wont forget that hall got off for punching maguire and the AFL public came out and said that obviously maguire faked it. AND I WONT FORGET THAT BAKER GOT PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING THAT AT THE TIME WAS NOT REPORTABLE!

But to suggest that it stopped us fans from getting behind the team all night is a disgrace and if thats your view you can go please yourself.

FQF
In richo I trust

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:05am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

So Spinner, you reckon showing our angst was wrong cos it wasnt the game at hand??
Well..maybe we were dirty that for the second year running, a dodgy treibunal decision has cost us our premier tagger against the comp's premier midfield

Reckon that if we'd had Bakes to swing onto Cousins after 1/2 time it might have made a difference??

Protesting about Bakes was about last nights game as well as the unjust AFL system

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh YES.... that's right............... I forgot..
It was the supporters out there on the field kicking goals last night.... my mistake.. I swear I didn't see Riewoldt sitting in the stands.

Who was that in the goal square, gees it really did look like Fraser.. I would have bet money on it... glad I didn't

My bad

The club may not be taken it any further, but thank f**king god the supporters will not let the AFL stick it up our a*** too.

New flash, the players were playing the game of footy last night not the supporters.

In Ross Get lost!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The first paragraph of the Age's report mention the signs..carried by "a handful of St KIlda supporters"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:"a handful of St KIlda supporters"
Well most would say we are 'a handful' :lol:

They walk amongst us...