Thanks Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

choowy
Club Player

Thanks Ross

I can get down to St Leonards two weeks earlier than the last
3 years.
I cannot understand with our list how you conspired too ruin our season.

Our list is not the best, but when the roos,hawks,crows and pies finish above us i am dumbfounded. Blight got the sack after 15 rounds, timmy
not much more.

Ross if i was the prez. you would be another coach on the outer.

Nothing less than a top 4 finish next year is a pass mark. We spent a million dollars alone on your assistants, all your mates. The only highlight out of 21 games is Eagles away.

2007 is a writeoff. The only positives are that Fiora and Gilbert have improved under your tutoring.
________
Free Vaporizer
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:06am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks Ross

choowy wrote:I can get down to St Leonards two weeks earlier than the last
3 years.

Our list is not the best, but when the roos,hawks,crows and pies finish above us i am dumbfounded. Blight got the sack after 15 rounds, timmy
not much more.

Nothing less than a top 4 finish next year is a pass mark. We spent a million dollars alone on your assistants, all your mates. The only highlight out of 21 games is Eagles away.

2007 is a writeoff. The only positives are that Fiora and Gilbert have improved under your tutoring.
Lets just sack another coach. We are the best at that. Dont blame the players at all.

milney044
Club Player

:roll: always the coaches fault isnt it. its our team thats actually out on the ground playing. only our players to blame, for there pissy effort in the first half of the season. learn from it saints, and a bigger and better year in 2008.
good ridance 2007, waste of time excluding the development of a couple of players.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Hmmmm, saints 2007 = cats 2006?

So maybe saints 2008 = cats 2007?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Get a grip FFS ya big sook.

We got smashed this year by injuries, took an understandable while to grasp the game plan and played some good footy after the break.

“Yeah….nah””
choowy
Club Player

Plugger you must be on the coaching staff.

Our coaching panel let us down big time.

Wake up buddy, teams with Roo , G, Dal, don't go on holidays in september.
________
River Rouge Complex
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:07am, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

comon 12 months in the JOB and you are insincuating t sack the coach, because he took the opportunity when it arose....

he didn't sack thomas

and get over it and look forward to next year. We will have more fit players at the start and better fitness base to play all game not 3 quaters I do epect us to be top 4 net year.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

geeeze some ppl are stupid
Ross didnt make us lose to collingwood bris ess north
ross didnt injure BJ ross didnt rub bakes out for the year
ross didnt make sammy not get close to playing he didnt get gardy injured !!!
its crap we aint in the finals it really is but dont shoot the coach

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

choowy wrote:Plugger you must be on the coaching staff.

So 3 players get you in the finals. thanks for your football knowledge.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Get a grip FFS ya big sook.

We got smashed this year by injuries, took an understandable while to grasp the game plan and played some good footy after the break.
The second half of the season wasn't quite as wonderful as you make it sound Teffers (devastating fourth quarter collapses against the Pies, Dogs, Swans and nearly the Blues), but I certainly don't think there is anything to gain from bagging the coach at this point.

We have to be cautiously optimistic about next year, even though the coaching staff and the players still clearly have a bit to learn.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
choowy
Club Player

Please note this has nothing to do with thomas.

I couldn't give a stuff if strauchnie coached this team.
________
R107

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Agree it's not Ross's fault, but the new gameplan and fitness levels played a major role this season. Take the brakes off next season, and let the boys play the footy we loved. Port have mastered it in a season or two, I don't see why we can't do the same. Free flowing when we want it, defensive when it HAS to be. And learn how to run a game out FFS. Might as well lose tomorrow and go for an earlier draft pick if possible. Seems to be the trend these days.

kalsaint
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Hmmmm, saints 2007 = cats 2006?

Optimistic aren't you? The list needs to improve first. The kitty litters realised their forward structure was crap in previous years and fixed in in 2007.

Will we realise our midfield has no depth and fix that. Lets wait and see.

Lets see all that money the board didnt spend on defending Bakes go to good use because the way they respect the members they wont have that luxury for too long.
Last edited by kalsaint on Fri 31 Aug 2007 11:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

choowy wrote:Plugger you must be on the coaching staff.

no teams with plugger frawley barker loewe and burke did ?
get a grip or should that be loosen the grip ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
choowy
Club Player

Plugger YOU KNOW IT ALL.
________
Vermont Dispensaries

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

choowy wrote:Plugger YOU KNOW IT ALL.
No only more than you.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

The second half of the season wasn't quite as wonderful as you make it sound Teffers (devastating fourth quarter collapses against the Pies, Dogs, Swans and nearly the Blues), but I certainly don't think there is anything to gain from bagging the coach at this point.

We have to be cautiously optimistic about next year, even though the coaching staff and the players still clearly have a bit to learn.
I said we have played some good footy after the break - how simple r you? where did I make it sound wonderful?

Dont be a flog your whole life Babble.......your rants are ridiculous and you simply fabricate stuff to suit idiotic comments.... :roll:

Do show me where I said we had a WONDERFUL second half to the year?

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

we have underperformed this season given the talent available to us.

our list isn't perfect ... the on-ball division needs work ... but we should have made the finals.

we seem to have fallen back into a meek acceptance of mediocrity

AP Erebus
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
meher baba wrote:

I said we have played some good footy after the break - how simple r you? where did I make it sound wonderful?

Exactly... this is why i don't come on here that often... people are more inclined to take a swipe and some abuse rather than make sensible statements...

Our second half of the year was much better than our first half... If we had had the second half of the years copied to the first we would be easily in the finals... But we didn't and thats what next year is for...

A LITTLE OPTIMISM PEOPLE, JEEZ

Dont be a flog your whole life Babble.......your rants are ridiculous and you simply fabricate stuff to suit idiotic comments.... :roll:

luckysaint
Club Player

Come on get real! First year with a new coach who didn't have a chance to make sweeping list changes, he hasn't done too badly. I just hope we draft this year instead of trade and that our recruitment team have done a good job so far this year identifying new recruits. Also looking forward to the development of last years draftees and McQualter in particular.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Second half lf the year? That was nothing to get even slightly excited about. Totally threw away 3 games that were totally won (the coll. one may have been first half of the year not sure), and just fell in for a few wins, the eagles being the only convincing one.

If you base hope for next year on our second half of 07, its going to be another long one!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

kalsaint wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Hmmmm, saints 2007 = cats 2006?

Optimistic aren't you? The list needs to improve first. The kitty litters realised their forward structure was crap in previous years and fixed in in 2007.

Will we realise our midfield has no depth and fix that. Lets wait and see.

Lets see all that money the board didnt spend on defending Bakes go to good use because the way they respect the members they wont have that luxury for too long.
Not really, optimistic would be predicting a 975 point win over the tigers and overcoming swans by percentage...... oh wait a minute. :lol: :lol: 8-)

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
meher baba wrote:

You just love arguing, don't you Teffers. You must be Irish. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
firthy
Club Player

Gee teflon your standards have slipped alarmingly --- second half of the year four pathetic capitulations - like crap teams down the bottom of the ladder . You'd be pretty happy barracking for Caaarlton this weekend. Pathetic second half of the year with more players on the park than we've had for four seasons. Very sad

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks Ross

choowy wrote:I can get down to St Leonards two weeks earlier than the last
3 years.

not much more.

knob...rome was not built in a day

be patient...what were the lions fans thinking after 98 when after three successive finals appearances - they come last???

what were the port fans thinking after topping the table 3 years in a row - they completely bugger it all up and not even reach a granny???

different teams have different periods of years where it takes setbacks to realize their full potential...it could be a hell of alot worse for us

look at geelong last year... i am in no way predicting a 15 game winning streak however - just a solid group realizing their potential as a team and their roles

its not all over

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.