Butterss on MMM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Butterss on MMM

Lengthy interview on triple m now.

Butterss putting fwd his point of view, responding to Damien Barrett's article in the H/S today.

Very interesting point Spud Frawley brought up, said that Nathan Burke rang him 3 weeks ago & asked Spud to be part of an alternative ticket. Spud pretty much said that St.Kilda doesn't need the instability of a board challenge.

Challenge put to Burkey to ring up & set the record straight as to why Butterss should go.

Probably a good time to tune in!

PS Max has re-signed too.

Saints94
SS Life Member

how long has max resigned for?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

He didn't say...Kosi & Sam for 3 years, Sam's was a 2 year extension as he was already under contract for 08.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:how long has max resigned for?
...at his age he is now a Sainter for life...

He will play as long as he can.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saints94
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
homework wrote:how long has max resigned for?
...at his age he is now a Sainter for life...

He will play as long as he can.....
GREAT!

JeffDunne

I didn't hear it but I wish this twit would stop playing this out in the media.

Either piss off or deal with any issues with an ounce of professionalism.

Fair dinkum. :roll:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

can we get a summery of what he said please :lol: :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I didn't hear it but I wish this twit would stop playing this out in the media.

Either piss off or deal with any issues with an ounce of professionalism.

Fair dinkum. :roll:
I'm as sick of Butterss profile as anyone.

In relation to dealing with the issues RB said he had rung Nathan Burke and had others such as Frawley ring Burke to try and bring him to the table to discuss but did not get a response from Burke or others involved in the alternative ticket.

Frawley was damning on Burke, not verbatim but along the line of “ NB played is footy front and square and I love him like a brother but the way he going about things is not how they should be handledâ€

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Spot on Joffa, RB pretty much put forward his arguments for his board ($1million profits, retirement of $3m in debt, etc) , said that he wants to sit down with the challengers to work out where their differences are, made some wanky references to a book he's reading, came across ok, all triple m commentators backed him & the consensus was "what exactly is the problem -if you take the GT saga out of it'.

Spud's comments were very direct. Will be interesting if Burkey responds.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Spot on Joffa, RB pretty much put forward his arguments for his board ($1million profits, retirement of $3m in debt, etc) , said that he wants to sit down with the challengers to work out where their differences are, made some wanky references to a book he's reading, came across ok, all triple m commentators backed him & the consensus was "what exactly is the problem -if you take the GT saga out of it'.

Spud's comments were very direct. Will be interesting if Burkey responds.
Yes AE, was interesting that Brian Taylor, James Brayshaw and particularly Spud were perplexed that a challenge would be imminent.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
JeffDunne

I have no problem with Spud speaking his mind, but why is Rod out there pushing his case? It does nothing to promote the club.

Great news today with some important players re-signing, so why not let someone from the football dept announce the news rather than let this talk dominate?

The bloke and his self interest makes me sick.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I think he was doing what presidents of AFL clubs do Jeff, making himself available to the press.

Oh they just replayed the wanky comment...

RB; "At the moment I'm reading 'The Death of Channel 9', so lets hope that in 3 years we're not reading 'The Death of the St.Kilda Football Club'.

It's rubbish, egotistical comments like that that really hurt Butterss. Let your deeds do the talking champ.

JeffDunne

I just heard the grab AE. Oh dear. :oops:

Sort of underscores my point. Since switching to MMM I've heard no mention of the re-signings - just a grab of Rod.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: The bloke and his self interest makes me sick.
Now there is something that you wont get an argument from me!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I have no problem with Spud speaking his mind, but why is Rod out there pushing his case?
Mabye because there are others agitating to replace him.

Fair Dinkum, he is the President of the STKFC, why should he not go on the radio?

Interestingly the agitators didn't take up his challenge and keep the agitating and white anting subversive.

Interesting that Frawley would say that about Burke.

Sounds like Burke is an undercover agitator who wont make his opposition public.

Why not? What has he and the other supposed alternative ticket got to hide.

i am sick of RB and his issues with the sacked ex coach, but I dont want a bunch of nameless and faceless people going around de-stabling the club.

Come out and shows us what you have or F*** off back under your rocks :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Sounds like Burke is an undercover agitator who wont make his opposition public.

Why not? What has he and the other supposed alternative ticket got to hide.

i am sick of RB and his issues with the sacked ex coach, but I dont want a bunch of nameless and faceless people going around de-stabling the club.

Come out and shows us what you have or F*** off back under your rocks :evil:
Spot on jb, I am of a similar position.

I believe RB’s position is almost untenable given what has transpired over the past months but it doesn’t mean I agree with white anters who wont meet with the current administration.

How can we look to embrace a new regime and change when the agitators are in hiding?

I also find it hard to listen to RB and not find him self serving hence my dislike of listening to him speak publicly

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Could it be that we need a composite board with Spud in there somewhere doing what he does best; Bring people together and shoot straight? !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

O.K., Here's a novel idea. Put yourself in RB's position.

You are President of the Club and you think you are the best person for the job.

You either hear rumours or are told there are forces mobilizing to oust you.

What should you do?
What do you do?

You have 2 alternatives.
You can quit
or
You can fight for your position.

If you choose to stay and fight, rather than quit, what are your alternatives?

Your apparent opposition is obviously speaking to journalists (this week we have seen articles by Caro, Hutchy the Tosser, Barrett, Smith). Most of the 'press' has not been complimentary to your administration.

You can be on the defensive or you can go on the offensive.

IMHO, that is what today's appearance on MMM was all about. RB going on the offensive to fight for his job.

To expect him to sit by quietly whilst the 'mutterings' and 'white-anting' goes on around hm is, I believe, quite fanciful.

I know if I was in RB's position and I felt I was the best person to Chair the Board, I would be going on the front foot and flushing out the opposition so they couldn't chip away in the background undermining me, as appears to be happening at the moment.

Personally I have no problem with him bringing it out in the open if it causes the opposing ticket to reveal themselves. I want to know who is opposing the current Board and if they will be worthy of my vote.

JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I have no problem with Spud speaking his mind, but why is Rod out there pushing his case?
Mabye because there are others agitating to replace him.
And that's a good reason for him to go public to discuss it?

If there are people trying to form a ticket, why would they want to sit down for "coffee" with Rod? Rod wants a solution that has Rod as part of it so "coffee" would be pointless if you don't share that position.

Rod is out their pushing one side of the argument and who other than Rod does that benefit? His "death of the football club" puts a public question mark on our viability - at a time we are seeking new sponsors and soon new members. It's hysterical nonsense deigned to scare members into siding with him while questioning the integrity of the challengers.

Articles continue to be written because Rod is Mr Dial-a-quote.
Fair Dinkum, he is the President of the STKFC, why should he not go on the radio?
Did you miss the press this week jb?

The club had some very positive news to release today so it stands to reason you'd want that to be the main "St Kilda" story of the day. No?

Surely even our marketing people would have been aware if Rod was the one delivering the news it would get lost in this talk of challenges?

Seriously, he needs a firm, swift boot preferably to the asset he cherishes most.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JD,
Why is it that in your mind the forces seeking to remove RB can do what they like, but RB must play by your rules?

Surely, he can do whatever he likes in his own defense.

If you or I or anybody else don't like what he has done or is doing we havee the option of voting against him at the AGM.

JeffDunne

Or you have a 3rd choice.

Get on with delivering something of substance rather than stroking your ego and let the members decided if and when a challenge is made.

Suggesting publicly the club's viability is linked to yourself is indefensible.

I really laugh at the claims some people here are "GT sympathisers" when they come from people who defend some of most appalling comments I've heard from a club president.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: If there are people trying to form a ticket, why would they want to sit down for "coffee" with Rod? Rod wants a solution that has Rod as part of it so "coffee" would be pointless if you don't share that position.
If they have concerns about the state of the StKFC and have the best interest of the club at heart I would think a conciliatory approach to the incumbent Board would be the most logical first step.

Unless of course if the potential new administration is as serlf serving as RB himself.

JeffDunne

Tell me MM, what are those "forces" doing that is so harmful?

They clearly aren't talking to the press, so tell me, what is it they are doing that is so harmful (other than threatening Rod's position)?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
JeffDunne wrote: If there are people trying to form a ticket, why would they want to sit down for "coffee" with Rod? Rod wants a solution that has Rod as part of it so "coffee" would be pointless if you don't share that position.
If they have concerns about the state of the StKFC and have the best interest of the club at heart I would think a conciliatory approach to the incumbent Board would be the most logical first step.

Unless of course if the potential new administration is as serlf serving as RB himself.
Besides sin't this how RB and his group arranged the 'pain-free' changeover from Plymptons regime?

Haven't we all said on here that if there was to be change, it would be much better if it was painless and orderly, without the 2 sides fighting each other?

We want as little destabilization as possible and it would seem to me that the best way to avoid any destabilization is to 'sit down' and talk about it.

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:

Wouldn't those people want to have actually formed a ticket before taking their concerns to Rod?

If you were associated with this ticket and one of your main motivations was to remove a president you thought was a liability, you would want any peace talks to be conducted from a position of strength. Clearly unless you have a ticket capable of toppling Rod he isn't going to go anywhere.

Really JB, I thought by your own admission you were smarter than that?