Roll on 08!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Roll on 08!

After the year we've just completed, along with the disappointments we suffered, some would say there's nothing to look forward to in 2008. I would disagree with that view. There's heaps of positive things on the horizon and we're on the verge of becoming a VERY good side again.
Among the positives are the fact that we have a solid core of first class players who have committed to the club; Justin Koschitzke, Nick Riewoldt, Nick dal Santo, Sam Fisher, all with us for the next three years.
In 08 we will have Lenny Hayes back to full fitness.
The same with Matty McGuire. The prospect of BJ returning to the side gives hope as well, who knows? we may even get Sammy Hamill back!
Leigh Montagna is proving to be, along with Aaron Fiora a great improver and nothing succeeds like success! With a wee bit of self-belief these lads can get better.
When I think about the prospect of Sam Gilbert getting more game time along with Jason Gram, then 2008 and 09 look very exciting times to be around this club.
The other element is the fact that our coach Ross Lyon will now have a full trade and draft period to assess and fine-tune our list. He also has the benefit of having had a full season to get to know his players and what to expect of them.
I know that this last year has been traumatic to say the least. There have been some awful times with one-time close friends falling out and causing a lot of grief within the club. I will leave any comments on that issue to those who wish to keep the wound open and not allow any healing to take place.
Please dont let the disappointments and frustrations of 2007 colour your thinking for the coming year. We have a good list, a good coach AND we have wonderful supporters.
I'm excited!

have a good one folks! :D

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Great post ... I agree

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

A positive post, just what we all needed. I agree with you on 08

ifonlybarkswashere
Club Player

Agree, good post.

Add less injuries, at least a couple of Scorps/Saints stepping up, better luck with tribunal, the fact that more than ever it appears to be a very even competition, Gardy???, less off field crap (Thommo/ RB, RB/Thommo), a better slogan motto (please... Believe or Burn aghhhhh), a confirmed training venue!!!!... lots to look forward to.

By the way, does anyone know if the club is heading o/s again this year. I for one would prefer to see the boys running up the sand dunes at Phillip Island and maybe bonding over Monopoly at Camp Wonthaggi, rather than cuddling baby pandas in a Chinese zoo.

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again