Rival bid to launch today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

suss
Club Player

Rival bid to launch today

Looks like it's all going to come to a head today (Monday). Maybe I'll get up in the morning and it will all be a dream...or nightmare. Balls.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rival bid to launch today

"The club is in tremendous financial shape, we will return another million-dollar profit and everyone is applauding the appointment of Ross Lyon."

if what the article says is true then obviously not everyone is applauding it.

Shaggy
Club Player

We have been in the bottom for footy expenditure for the last 5 years. RB has forgotten that supporters prefer premierships.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Does anyone know if it is true that Thommo is on the challenging ticket?

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Ho hum more instability -whoever might be challenging must be able to guarantee a premiership next year, otherwise go away.

't

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

''which could include former players Nathan Burke and Andrew Thompson''

Wow already reffered to as former player Thomo is. Things change very fast.

Carpe Diem
killa_gram
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Does anyone know if it is true that Thommo is on the challenging ticket?
You didn't hear it from me. :wink:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Butterss said he expected the Saints to remain at Moorabbin, despite facing some challenges from Kingston Council.

"We will continue with the dialogue, as you do in these situations," Butterss said.

"The key point about it is that we are under no pressure to go any where.

"My view, and it will be a board decision, is that, yes, we will stay at Moorabbin."
What about a bit less dialogue and a bit more building Rod??

The lack of information and planning about our future home will be the major sticking point for the current Board IMHO. I reckon many many supporters, me included, are getting very tired of seeing the Roo's and Doggies and Demons new homes roar along while we quibble and argue and bicker and stall.

Since the fallout with the Council we have heard NOTHING..and once again our Club will go through a pre-season with 1980's standard facilities.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Does Andrew Thompson represent a feeling of discontent among the playing group with our Roddy McButterss??

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Does Andrew Thompson represent a feeling of discontent among the playing group with our Roddy McButterss??
If the players are discontent, why did all our big names re-sign?

Andrew Thompson joins the long list of EX-players who can now shout their dissaproval from the sidelines like the rest of us.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Does Andrew Thompson represent a feeling of discontent among the playing group with our Roddy McButterss??

Andrew Thompson joins the long list of EX-players who can now shout their dissaproval from the sidelines like the rest of us.
Separate the club from Roddy. Re-signing with their job doesn't mean they like the overall boss or think he's doing a good job.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Separate the club from Roddy. Re-signing with their job doesn't mean they like the overall boss or think he's doing a good job.
Discontent means you are not happy. If you are not happy you go somewhere else in business, especially when you can get a truckload more money.

Just posing the question. What has Thompson now have to do with STKFC?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

He'd be a life member for a start.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:He'd be a life member for a start.
Fair enough richly deserved. A great servant of the club and I am not attempting to sully his name or reputation in any way shape or form.

He deserves his life membership even though the honour has been diminished in my opinion with the Saints giving it to Everitt.

By the by, I am just asking the question. Andrew Thompson is an ex-player now, a media commentator occasionally on SEN (and is pretty insightful). I am sure he is close to many players at the club (after all he has only been gone a week).

I suppose my point is that with 40 odd players and numerous staff, there will be mixed opinions on anybody. Thompsons is just one opinion.

I wonder what Troy Swarwze thinks of Ross Lyon?

Lance or James??

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Agree. You will get wildy varying opinions on a great range of topics....just look at this joint!

I'm not sure whether or not AT represents his own personal individual feeling or not, but thought it interesting that 8 days after retiring, he's standing for the board against RB.

Most players I reckon wouldn't give a s***, but AT is a quality individual and obviously has an issue with the McButterss board.

Richter
SS Life Member

Well, Thommo's father in law (Malcolm Grey) is the former chief exec of the International Cricket Council so I guess he would know a thing or two about sporting administration and politics from him.

Although probably just there as a loving grandfather, I did see Malcolm Grey at the pre-season practice game with Thommo's son and daughter (I think) against the Roos. As I understand it all the St Kilda bigwigs were there as I also met Joffaboy, Saint66au and SaintBrat there too...... :D

Only 6 months ago...... we were so looking forward to the possibilities of the new season........ where did it all go? :cry:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
timclark27
Club Player

Does Andrew Thompson represent a feeling of discontent among the playing group with our Roddy McButterss??
I think this sums it up for me. If Thommo leaves and jumps straight into a group to get rid of him, obviously the discontent has filtered down to the players. If that is the case, regardless of the million dollar profit, its time to go.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Who knows, I think we are still shooting at mirages at this stage.

will be interested to read what the new tickeet has to offer.

if it is much of the same, I might just not vote, if they come across as dills, I'll vote for RB, (ie. i think S O'D had no idea what he was doing when he because a st kilda director) or I may just vote for them if I think they can offer something better.

as for RL, i'm far from impressed but I think changing coaches again serves no purpose, GT, while I respect and appreciate what he tried to achieve and build in the PAST, has lost my respect, and probably the respect of a few players, no other present or retired coach offers much more than RL, except maybe more mess.

IF Leight Matthews wanted to coach the saints, I would say that would be the ONE person, i would like to get over.

aside from that 2008 belongs to RL.

further the following drafting/recruiting session will indicate what sort of management we have in place.

if we get chick/hunter, or players of that ilk over I will have to serious consider whether I take a hiatus from my membership. (which given their recent hopeless form and vegas attitudes I can't really see it being more than a year at best :lol: )

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think it would more bea sign that the "alternates" would want to be seen to have football credibility.....hence having part of their ticket two ex-players in Thommo and Burke. This is agood thing if they can also operate as good Board Members and both are smart operators.

However both Board and Burke would have little, perhaps nil experience in being Board Members.....and by that I am talking broadly.

Make no-mistake running the St Kilda Football Club is running quite a big business....however one were the "profit" is not $ focussed, though $$ are an essential part of it.

What you would also want to see is that the other and more important skills that a Board requires have also been suitably addresed.

You want a good broad mix of business skills from different industries.

You want good "connections".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The Board must be clearly distinguished from the Football Dept.

Currently, it's not.

That's the big issue.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Yes but those connections still need to agree with your agenda and agree to be part of the ticket.

If AT didn't agree with it, he wouldn't be part of it.

Agree with the credibility part, but the other credible party still needs to be willing.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

according to Burkey nothing will happen today

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Membership.

A home.

More genuine footy spending as opposed to chest beating over profits.

Either no ties between the Board and football decisions, or a strong football presence on the Board.

Not copping it up the rear from the AFL in order to get public blessings from Demetriou. I've had enough of it.

It's about winning flags now, not making money. Obviously making money is important, but a distant second in terms of priority.

There you go Rod, there's a shortlist of 'why?'.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Membership.

A home.

Either no ties between the Board and football decisions, or a strong football presence on the Board.

Not copping it up the rear from the AFL in order to get public blessings from Demetriou. I've had enough of it.

It's about winning flags now, not making money. Obviously making money is important, but a distant second in terms of priority.

Are you on the alternative ticket?

If so please give your real name and go on to the public domain.

if so, are you a member of the STKFC?

If not, you reasons are just those of an anonimous disgruntled nobody.

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Membership.

A home.

Are you on the alternative ticket?

If so please give your real name and go on to the public domain.

if so, are you a member of the STKFC?

If not, you reasons are just those of an anonimous disgruntled nobody.
Huh?

I'm a member, and a disgruntled nobody. Very disgruntled.

The above reasons are why I believe the Board must be serisously looked at. Butterss asked a question which some media people and some on here seem to agree with - why change when things are going so perfectly?

I don't agree with the rhetorical question, and have put forward my reasons.

Is this still forum?