Jus read the letter from the SFF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Jus read the letter from the SFF

1) Who will eventually pay for this letter - at least $50,000

2) Apparently the injuries are all Rod Butters fault. Even though an ex employee had full control of he footy dept and used hundreds of thousands of $ going off to all parts of the world and $250k resurfacing Moorabbin not a word is mentioned.

3) Big on promises and hype, little on detail (we will increase revenue - just who exactly????)

4) Having said that it look like a fait accompli. the majority of the unwashed will vote for the glossy hype without looking at the real detail.

Having looked at the detail though, and the people on board, it is probably time for a change.

I have real reservations but FFS will probably get my vote.

If Butters gets back in, the huge power these people wield, (and their silent backers) will ensure the place is destabilised and we hae o hope of a flag.

Sorry Rod, you have been ambushed by the big end of town.

Big rich boys will once again get the Saints as a plaything by the looks of it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

thats my gut feel of the whole situation as well
i feel the right decision may be put on the back burn for the popular

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jus read the letter from the FFS

joffaboy wrote:3) Big on promises and hype, little on detail
I agree joff, could be a dead heat !

Do they play extra time if it's a draw ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Grimfang
Club Player

Having just read the information pack from SFF, I'm left wanting the detail of how they are going to do what they say they want to do.

As disappointed as I've been with the way that RB and the board have conducted aspects of the business, I want to know that SFF are going to be fiscally responsible. I do not want to see another SOS campaign or us going cap in hand to the AFL via the CBF.

I cannot make a decision either way at the moment.
Last edited by Grimfang on Wed 12 Sep 2007 7:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Hi Joffa. A couple of points

....think that to suggest that it will be the unwashed who will vote for this group is bit rich

...think that unfairly undervalues the SFF [including Burkey ,Thommo and Mordi Bromberg] and those of us here at Saintsational...And I just had a shower :wink:

...And no it wasn't Rods fault that we had injuries but he may helped contribute by the lack of money resources being spent in this area over the last 5 years///

Agree it is a fait accompli..

...people will not want to risk more of the same during this critical phase of history with this list !

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a huge power struggle between the Foxes and the Butteres. I know there are some relevant points being brought up, especially in the football spending department, and that is obviously what has attracted Burkey and Thommo, but you cant tell me that the Foxes arent in this up to their eye teeth. My guess is if the Saints had made finals, we would still be in this situation, maybe two or three weeks down the track.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Nothing wrong with those trips overseas...I'd like to think we could afford to do that every year.

Elite athletes all over the world go to South Africa to train at altitude and travel to other countries to use their facilities. It's an advantage. As a club we should always be looking to improve and that's exactly what we were trying to do...

but I guess Rod Butterss had to cut costs, after all, the footballing side of the club is probably not the most important thing in his eyes. :roll: :roll:

Behind Play
Club Player

I wonder if the players were all that interested in the trips overseas....being away from their families over the summer. As if they don't have to give up so much during the season.

If I had 8 kids, I probably would like an all expensive paid holiday too.

kaos theory
Club Player

JB - I think you are a little unfair on the challenging board's bid...more detail will come later, BUT, at risk of repeating myself (..so I will cut & paste) I think the most important things about the new board are:

1. The new board comprises an impressive list of individuals, which brings a good blend of business, economic, marketing, football & elite sports skills.

2. If you compare the expereinces & skill sets of current board members (those that still support RB) with the challenging board, then individually & collectively the challenging board are way ahead.

3. When the RB board took over, they had very little detail on what and how they would take this club forward - just general & vauge vision statements. This challenger is far ahead of the current board in terms of its vision and professionalism prior to taking office.

4. But most importnatly, the key factor in business and in running an organization successfully is that you need to understand the challenges and problems you face. That is most important. Once you have that, and you have a talented & committed team, and resources to back you up, you are more than half way there to buidling the solution.

Critically, that is what the challenger has done. To date, the current board has done NOTHING to clearly articulate the real challenges & problems that we face, so what are they doing, and what objective are they trying to achieve????

What we are getting from the current board is crisis management. They are fire-fighting, they are in survival mode....that is NOT the way to build our club......

Also, compare ANY challenging board and how it puts it case forward, especially in the early stages. This is one of the most well constructed... As Sheahan said today...the challenges look very impressive, they have been very thorough & professional.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:I wonder if the players were all that interested in the trips overseas....being away from their families over the summer. As if they don't have to give up so much during the season.

If I had 8 kids, I probably would like an all expensive paid holiday too.
They're footballers, that's their job.

Being away from Melbourne would mean less of a distraction and more focus on getting themselves fit which is what a pre-season is all about. As we all know a good pre-season is imperative for a good season.

Hopefully this time around we atone for the mistakes we made during the last - a bit more running and less defensive-overloading work so in 08 when things get tight and Ross invariably decides to get numbers back and shut-up shop our boys will actually have the aerobic capacity to do just that. :roll:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

A little surprised by the line (under footy first No.11)

:roll: :shock:

After an amazing player list over the last eight years[/b], it is time for you to let another group, with a footy focus........

I am sure we had a few poor lists in those eight years

p.s. you sure you did not write some of this Dan
:wink:

saint4life
Behind Play
Club Player

OLB, if our players weren't getting injured during the season they could have a great preseason....in Melbourne, which will happen this year.

Obviously you have never had to travel alot, or be away from family. I can guarantee you, it is not a great feeling to have to come home to an empty hotel room.

I can assure you players were not impressed.

I don't remember the Swans, West Coast , Lions or Geelong going overseas for a preseson.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:OLB, if our players weren't getting injured during the season they could have a great preseason....in Melbourne, which will happen this year.

Obviously you have never had to travel alot, or be away from family. I can guarantee you, it is not a great feeling to have to come home to an empty hotel room.

I can assure you players were not impressed.

I don't remember the Swans, West Coast , Lions or Geelong going overseas for a preseson.
Hasnt hurt the pies. And from I know the players liked all the trips except China.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:OLB, if our players weren't getting injured during the season they could have a great preseason....in Melbourne, which will happen this year.

Ohh come on mate, they're not exactly travelling around the world alone wandering the streets by night looking for companionship are they... they're footy players rooming with teammates which I'm sure could be a lot of fun for a couple of weeks.

Behind Play
Club Player

No problems OLB. You sound well traveled......with your mates.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:No problems OLB. You sound well traveled......with your mates.
I am actually.

*currently in London after a few days in the picturesque city of Amsterdam, back in Melbourne on Tuesday after Spurs v Arsenal on Saturday*

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:57am, edited 1 time in total.

Behind Play
Club Player

Hope you have enjoyed your trip. :o

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:57am, edited 1 time in total.

Behind Play
Club Player

I mean OLB

Behind Play
Club Player

I do agree with you though, Aussie. :)

St.Kenny
Club Player

All I can say that if Joffaboy and his ilk say the new challengers might be no good , then they well and truly get my vote. Infact where do I sign up? Do they need leaflet distributors?

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:

My view is this. Burke and Thompson were at the club long before RB and GT took control. They've quietly gone about the business of playing great footy. Never have either of them embarrassed our club. Both would know a hell of a lot more than any of us what's been going on at the club. I trust those 2 over RB any day. They have a long proven record of excellence in serving our club with out a fuss. That's just what we need from a board. I trust both of them completely.

But is it the chicken or the egg??

Burkie said on radio that he was the last one to come on board....the ticket.

Now if I play Devil's advocate....if I was someone...say like Westaway....who virtually no members knew naything about.....how might I go about getting instant credibility??????

Enter stage right AT and NB perhaps?????

Day 1 of the launch...it is NB doing ALL the talking in the media....quite odd since he is not the one standing for President.

read the FF letter...it is Ntahan Burkes name that stands out...

Lots of talk about NB.....but bugga all about the guy that wants to be President.

Lets hope that NB and AT have researched their running mates in detail.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 12 Sep 2007 9:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote: Do they need leaflet distributors?
Yeah, just stand on Fitzroy street with your thumb out and they'll pick you up shortly ... :wink:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i shower twice a day......and don't make up my mind who to vote for until i have heard each of the parties out.....having said that...i can't stand designer stubble.......pple who sport it look like the ones in need of a shower..a good scubb ..and a razor...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.