By your friends shall ye be known

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm trying my hardest to listen to all sides of the current issue of the election/dismissal of the current board at our club. It is becoming difficult to maintain any objectivity in the face of what is being peddled on "Hungry for sport" I am prepared to listen to all the arguments from the (so-called) "rebels" as well as our President and board. I will attend the EGM and then cast my vote.
I will say this however; If Rod Butterss is receiving endorsements from Andrew Demetriou and Patrick Smith and KB then he should start being concerned!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

you are a wise man jiggler....... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: By your friends shall ye be known

thejiggingsaint wrote: I will say this however; If Rod Butterss is receiving endorsements from Patrick Smith then he should start being concerned!
Rod must have paid for a lunch or 387 for Patrick to receive such a glowing endorsement !!

StSteven
Club Player

I am a Patrick Smith fan on most occasions. However this morning he was way over the top re Rod. It made me very uncomfortable and suspicious.

I resent asking AFL to tell us how we are going.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I've always lived by a saying my dear old man used to come out with;
"One story's good.....till another one's told" I've no doubt that somewhere between the two points of view lies the truth. I'm prepared to hear the arguments in full, and I reckon I'm old enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind. As far as this controversy "causing instability" goes; I beg to differ. We had thousands of people give up their lives to defend the principle of democracy, why should that principle not be applied to a footy club?
If guys like Nathan Burke and Andy Thompson who are the least "political animals" you could imagine, are prepared to go as far as they have, then maybe there SHOULD be an EGM and after a full and frank discussion of all the issues the membership make their decision about THEIR club.
I'm mindful and grateful for the efforts of Rod Butterss and Grant Thomas (as well as Brian Waldron, David Friend and others) in turning the fortunes of the club around. On the other hand, this new ticket may well be the next piece in the jigsaw in taking us to that final step. I will listen, read all the literature thats sure to be dropping through my door, and then decide which way I am to go as far as voting goes.
In the meantime, I will neither endorse or criticise either ticket on the pages of this forum.
There is one absolute constant in all this, and that is the CLUB. Long after the ballots have been counted, long after Rod, Grant and all the other players in this drama have vacated the stage..the club and its loyal
members will still be there.
Hope that we all maintain a sense of proportion and fairness during this period.

Regards to all

Dave :)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

As always the jiggster is the epitome of reason, loyalty and enthusiasm for our Club. Hence the reason I'm his #1 fan.
Forget a football sub-commitee! The coaches and Footy dept. take care of footy issues.......
If you're going to have a sub-commitee, it should be a Membership sub-commitee; and Dave should run it!

No my take on things to date is pretty simple (as am I).
I haven't been overly happy with RB's performances over the past 12 months. The public feud with GT, and the pathetic Baker defence in particular, have REALLY annoyed me.

He has, however, turned The St Kilda FC from a financial basketcase into a profitable concern. He is addressing the shortfalls that have prevented our ultimate onfield success. He has made mistakes along the way, but I do believe that his motivations have been to do what's best for our club.

He has extended an olive branch to SFF today, and he has stated that he will stand aside if the SFF plan is better than that of the current board.
I was pretty disappointed with his call of having the AFL 'sign off' on SFF's plans. This footy club belongs to us, the members. The AFL can go jump!

It's now up to SFF to show us how they can do things better. Until they can do this, I will not be voting for 'change for the sake of change'.

In Dave's words; " There is one absolute constant in all this, and that is the CLUB. Long after the ballots have been counted, long after Rod, Grant and all the other players in this drama have vacated the stage..the club and its loyal members will still be there."
GO SAINTS!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

So, RB will stand aside if the alternative is better. Seem to remember a previous coach of ours saying he would stand aside if there was a better option. :roll:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

StSteven wrote:I am a Patrick Smith fan on most occasions.
you just lost my respect :wink: :lol:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:So, RB will stand aside if the alternative is better. Seem to remember a previous coach of ours saying he would stand aside if there was a better option. :roll:
hahahahahahahahaha - lololololololololol -birds of a feather snoops.

Like Howard, I will go when the party doesn't want me anymore - then proceeds to fight off challenge after challenge.

Weasel words and typical BS from spivs.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)